Bemidji State University

Bemidji State University Employee Reviews

Fun!
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Haag Sauer 232March 9, 2015
A typical day at work included tutoring students in Math 0800 all the way up to calculus II. My co-workers were very fun. When the tutorial was slow we chatted and helped each other with our homework.
Great experience that allowed for learning new skills and having a great time.
Residential Assistant (Current Employee), Bemidji, MNJanuary 21, 2015
Bemidji State University allowed me to greatly improve my people skills and learn how to manage a variety of crises. Many days there were no requirements other than be supportive of the residents. Other days required the creation of door decorations, bulletin boards and programs. Co-workers are generally great people, as the interview process is fairly intensive. The hardest part is helping everyone and myself at the same time. To me, the most enjoyable part is feeling that I've positively affected someone.
Work on your own time, set your own hours.
Northern Student (Former Employee), Bemidji, MNSeptember 16, 2014
At the Northern Student, I wrote articles and created crossword puzzles. I both worked and played with words. The coworkers were great and all very helpful. My editor-in-chief for the last year was phenomenal as a leader and a coworker.
Charming Univeristy
Event Managment / Hockey (Former Employee), Bemidji, MNMarch 25, 2014
Very close knit group of employee's. The atmosphere is university first which is nice. The only downfall is the climate is rough if you are not use to cold weather.
Residential Assistant
Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Bemidji, MNJuly 30, 2013
Pros: free room and board, dorm life experience, leadership opportunities
Cons: work load, extra co-curriculum
Residential Life staff works as a team to make the experience for students living in dorms the best one. The Resident Assistant is responsible for assisting in the achievement of these goals. Specific responsibilities include the implementation of programs that encourage community development and personal growth as well as the support and implementation of policies and procedures that encourage a positive academic environment. The RA also serves as a peer counselor and resource regarding the University community. It is expected that any person who applies for an RA position is sincerely interested in the welfare of students and Southwestern University, and consequently, is constructively supportive of both.
Plenty of flexibility with your busy student life
Honors Program Internship (Former Employee), Bemidji, MNJuly 24, 2013
Bemidji State University is very forgiving to students seeking employment and will work around your academic schedule. The skills acquired while working are often transferable to any major and greatly aid in developing a professional skill set.
Research designer/scientist
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Bemidji, MNJuly 24, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: university research - student- no pay
Conduct research in the field which allowed further maturity of experimental and analytical skills.
While designing research management qualities are essential.
My team was an excellent group
Leaving the job everyday was difficult
I enjoy science so everything about the job was enjoyable
Great Opportunity, Great Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Bemidji, MNMay 15, 2013
Like I assume most GAships are like. I really liked the people I worked with. The only trouble is that your future is always elsewhere.
Resident assistant for university in the pines
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Bemidji, MNMay 7, 2013
Pros: free room and board
Fun place to work and realistic expectations for R.A.s. Must be able to build relationships with students and work with a diverse population of students and fellow R.A.s.
Educational Design Experience
Student Designer (Current Employee), Bemidji, MNMarch 8, 2013
Work four hours a day with the Alumni Foundation creating brochures, invitations, programs, cards, banners, signs, etc.
Very inviting atmosphere, with a great group of people.
Assistant Hall Director (Current Employee), Bemidji, MNFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: large time commitment
I assist the resident assistants (RA) with any needs they have. My typical day also involves attending and helping run meetings, along side co-workers.
Small school with professors who care
Graduate Student & Assistant (Current Employee), Bemidji, MNMay 22, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: low stipend
-Learned how to command attention from a room full of teenagers!