Bemidji State University Employee Reviews

Student Leader and Motivator
Peer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 4, 2016
My job is very flexible and requires so much attention to details which I am very good at attending to in different settings. The students benefits from me as a valuable resource and peer to go to for any assistant from academics to job searches while improving in their academic plans during each semesters.
Pros
Students engagements
Cons
Strict time limits for each students when am flooded with a lot of students
Technical and hands-on workplace with fun people
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJanuary 13, 2017
In a typical day in my current position as a Technical Assistant, you will find me troubleshooting software problems and most of the times I get to resolve it by just speaking to the customer. When I come in at work, first thing I check is our office board schedule to see if there is any set up on campus that needs to be done. I do most of my set ups 30 minutes prior to the event starts. In addition to that, during my set ups or configuration of any problem there has been days where I won't know how to do a specific job and during that situation my co-workers selflessly offers to help and teach me at the same time. The hardest part about this job varies as everyday people call in with different problems and it is hardly the same problem. But that is exactly what I enjoy the most about my job because I get to learn and experience new things everyday with the help of my co-workers. Which is why I believe that my role in this workplace involves extensive technical responsibilities and staying up to date with the campus occasions.
Great place to gain experience, and work while in school
Human Resources Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNDecember 3, 2016
BSU overall is a great college, so of course the HR department is also wonderful. The people I met, and worked with are all great people that truly care about their employees, and their students.
Pros
Great co-workers
Fun environment
University Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 9, 2016
Mailings, and scanning. Gave tours during the week and during campus events. Fun environment and flexible hours. Communicate with families and incoming students.
Pros
flexible
Cons
NA
Productive and fun workplace
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNApril 13, 2016
Learned alot about how to be a competent and efficient nurse and teachers assistant. Learned how to be professional as well as how to collaborate with other team members.
Great benefits and lots of travel
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 24, 2016
This is a fun job for anyone who is single and lives alone. There is lots of travel and attachment to the job. Great co-workers and it was always fun meeting new people and students.
Interesting and fun way to be active on campus.
Student Senate- Senator (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 22, 2016
Typical day includes attending senate meetings, discussing what is happening on campus, approving bills, and speaking for the students of the university.
Great work environment
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNOctober 2, 2015
Great work environment with helpful coworkers. It was right next to campus which helped when going between work and classes. Working here helped increase my communication skills by helping customers get to meeting and answering the phones. Management was extremely nice and willing to help or show how to do something.
Great place as a student worker
Computer Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNDecember 23, 2015
Wonderful people who understand your needs as a college student. If you have a lot of homework or finals you can usually take a break from work. Only 20 hours work maximum here.
Residential Assistant
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJuly 30, 2013
Residential Life staff works as a team to make the experience for students living in dorms the best one. The Resident Assistant is responsible for assisting in the achievement of these goals. Specific responsibilities include the implementation of programs that encourage community development and personal growth as well as the support and implementation of policies and procedures that encourage a positive academic environment. The RA also serves as a peer counselor and resource regarding the University community. It is expected that any person who applies for an RA position is sincerely interested in the welfare of students and Southwestern University, and consequently, is constructively supportive of both.
Pros
Free Room and board, Dorm life experience, leadership opportunities
Cons
Work Load, extra co-curriculum
Great experience that allowed for learning new skills and having a great time.
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJanuary 21, 2015
Bemidji State University allowed me to greatly improve my people skills and learn how to manage a variety of crises. Many days there were no requirements other than be supportive of the residents. Other days required the creation of door decorations, bulletin boards and programs. Co-workers are generally great people, as the interview process is fairly intensive. The hardest part is helping everyone and myself at the same time. To me, the most enjoyable part is feeling that I've positively affected someone.
Research designer/scientist
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJuly 24, 2013
Conduct research in the field which allowed further maturity of experimental and analytical skills.
While designing research management qualities are essential.
My team was an excellent group
Leaving the job everyday was difficult
I enjoy science so everything about the job was enjoyable
Pros
Experience
Cons
University Research - Student- No pay
Plenty of flexibility with your busy student life
Honors Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJuly 24, 2013
Bemidji State University is very forgiving to students seeking employment and will work around your academic schedule. The skills acquired while working are often transferable to any major and greatly aid in developing a professional skill set.
Work on your own time, set your own hours.
Northern Student (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNSeptember 16, 2014
At the Northern Student, I wrote articles and created crossword puzzles. I both worked and played with words. The coworkers were great and all very helpful. My editor-in-chief for the last year was phenomenal as a leader and a coworker.
Opportunities
Peer Academic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNApril 26, 2015
Bemidji state university allowed for employees to work with students for further grow their experience in social services for their education.
Pros
Educational
Very inviting atmosphere, with a great group of people.
Assistant Hall Director (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNFebruary 4, 2013
I assist the resident assistants (RA) with any needs they have. My typical day also involves attending and helping run meetings, along side co-workers.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
large time commitment
Fun!
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Haag Sauer 232March 9, 2015
A typical day at work included tutoring students in Math 0800 all the way up to calculus II. My co-workers were very fun. When the tutorial was slow we chatted and helped each other with our homework.
Resident assistant for university in the pines
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 7, 2013
Fun place to work and realistic expectations for R.A.s. Must be able to build relationships with students and work with a diverse population of students and fellow R.A.s.
Pros
Free room and board
Charming Univeristy
Event Managment / Hockey (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 25, 2014
Very close knit group of employee's. The atmosphere is university first which is nice. The only downfall is the climate is rough if you are not use to cold weather.
Great Opportunity, Great Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 15, 2013
Like I assume most GAships are like. I really liked the people I worked with. The only trouble is that your future is always elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bemidji State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6