Bemidji State University Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNSeptember 7, 2017
I really enjoyed being an RA at bemidji state. It helped my social and leadership skills alot as well as it helped me get through my schooling. I think everyone should try to be an RA
Good job for a college student.
Information Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNSeptember 6, 2017
A great job for a college student looking for part-time work. Though the work pace can vary between very slow-paced and frenetic, and the management can be difficult to work under, it is a good job for students looking to balance school and work.
Pros
Manageable hours, fair pay.
Cons
Poor management, hectic work.
Great place to go to school and make some money while there.
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJuly 27, 2017
While at BSU I was able to get a great education and make some money on the side. It really was a great experience. The culture set out by management and the students really makes it fun and exciting to go to work.
Beavers
Student (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJuly 18, 2017
Great school, location, and atmosphere. The campus is on the shore of Lake Bemidji!! 5-10 min to walk across campus. A lot of outdoor activities to be apart of especially since its located in northern Minnesota.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
Burrrrrrr
Good fun work place
Assistant Athletics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJune 19, 2017
My typical day way interacting with the clients and their parents. I taught multiple techniques and life skills that enforce a positive life culture.

There was no hardest part of my job.
Rewarding to work in an academic workplace
Library Technician (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work was to interact with students, staff, faculty and people in the community. I learned to hire, supervise and train between 8-12 student workers on the maintenance and use of library materials and use of the online library system. I learned management skills, how to use and contribute to the library online system and how to give and take instructions. We had a hard time keeping a full-time director so the management changed a lot as we got assigned to different areas and directors. The workplace culture was broad because we supported the idea of foreign students attending the University while our students did the same. The hardest part of the job was during the period when state funding of the University got less and less starting in the mid-eighties and nineties. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students and getting to enjoy the many academic events we were encouraged to attend.
Pros
Chance to attend classes and advance
Cons
Learning to work with less while doing more
Fun, Time to study
Office Assistant and Test Proctor (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 22, 2017
My bosses were very kind and wonderful people. I learned a lot about label makers and organizing events. Your pay can be covered by Work Study Financial aid.
Pros
Kind bosses, Time to study, Work Study Financial aid works
Cons
None!
Fun and great people to be around
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 8, 2017
Worked in the athletic department as a student work. Really fun and easy job. I helped with whatever need to be done around the office. I was able to balance school and working easily.
Pros
Can make your own hours
Fulfilled
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 29, 2017
I had great time being an office manager for campus activity board. Members of the campus activity board were very friendly, flexible, work environment was excellent.
Welcoming, hard working, student centered environment
Assistant, Associate & Full Professor (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day at work entails preparing for and teaching classes, attending meetings and advising students.

The culture is one of hardworking, dedicated faculty, administrators, staff, and students.

The hardest part of the job is probably preparing lesson plans that will engage the students and grading written and research assignments.

The most enjoyable part is seeing students become engaged and enjoy working in the field they have chosen.
Pros
Ability to manage my own time.
Cons
All the meetings
Technical and hands-on workplace with fun people
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJanuary 13, 2017
In a typical day in my current position as a Technical Assistant, you will find me troubleshooting software problems and most of the times I get to resolve it by just speaking to the customer. When I come in at work, first thing I check is our office board schedule to see if there is any set up on campus that needs to be done. I do most of my set ups 30 minutes prior to the event starts. In addition to that, during my set ups or configuration of any problem there has been days where I won't know how to do a specific job and during that situation my co-workers selflessly offers to help and teach me at the same time. The hardest part about this job varies as everyday people call in with different problems and it is hardly the same problem. But that is exactly what I enjoy the most about my job because I get to learn and experience new things everyday with the help of my co-workers. Which is why I believe that my role in this workplace involves extensive technical responsibilities and staying up to date with the campus occasions.
Great place to gain experience, and work while in school
Human Resources Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNDecember 3, 2016
BSU overall is a great college, so of course the HR department is also wonderful. The people I met, and worked with are all great people that truly care about their employees, and their students.
Pros
Great co-workers
Fun environment
University Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 9, 2016
Mailings, and scanning. Gave tours during the week and during campus events. Fun environment and flexible hours. Communicate with families and incoming students.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Na
Student Leader and Motivator
Peer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 4, 2016
My job is very flexible and requires so much attention to details which I am very good at attending to in different settings. The students benefits from me as a valuable resource and peer to go to for any assistant from academics to job searches while improving in their academic plans during each semesters.
Pros
Students engagements
Cons
Strict time limits for each students when am flooded with a lot of students
Productive and fun workplace
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNApril 13, 2016
Learned alot about how to be a competent and efficient nurse and teachers assistant. Learned how to be professional as well as how to collaborate with other team members.
Great benefits and lots of travel
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 24, 2016
This is a fun job for anyone who is single and lives alone. There is lots of travel and attachment to the job. Great co-workers and it was always fun meeting new people and students.
Interesting and fun way to be active on campus.
Student Senate- Senator (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 22, 2016
Typical day includes attending senate meetings, discussing what is happening on campus, approving bills, and speaking for the students of the university.
Great place as a student worker
Computer Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNDecember 23, 2015
Wonderful people who understand your needs as a college student. If you have a lot of homework or finals you can usually take a break from work. Only 20 hours work maximum here.
Great work environment
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNOctober 2, 2015
Great work environment with helpful coworkers. It was right next to campus which helped when going between work and classes. Working here helped increase my communication skills by helping customers get to meeting and answering the phones. Management was extremely nice and willing to help or show how to do something.
Opportunities
Peer Academic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNApril 26, 2015
Bemidji state university allowed for employees to work with students for further grow their experience in social services for their education.
Pros
Educational