Bemis Company Inc

Bemis Company Inc Employer Reviews

Very Profit Driven Company
Marketing Product Manager (Current Employee), Oshkosh WINovember 19, 2014
Pros: people in the organization are great to work with
Cons: company doesn't understand the idea of a work life balance
Great job security but not much else. Compenstation and Benefits are lower than the market and not a lot of advancement oppurtunities.
fun
Operations Assistant, Logistics Office (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INNovember 11, 2014
super fun.....................................................
Not a good place to work
Ink Tech III (Former Employee), Hazleton, Pa.November 5, 2014
Job advancement is next to impossible.
If your not in the right click you will not succeed.
Management is not open to new ideas.
Everyone is scared they will lose their jobs if you know more then them
Bemis is a good company to work for. It is a very productive plant, fast paced, and continually growing. I really enjoyed working for them.
Master Production Scheduler (Former Employee), Shelbyville, KYOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work was challenging but in a good way. We were busy and when things happen daily in which causes change, you roll with it. You find the best solution at that time and just make it happen at the lowest cost and most efficient way. I learned that you can't control everything that happens but the ones you can control, learn from it and make improvements. I worked with an awesome team and enjoyed my co-workers. I had a great rapport with my customers, external and internal. I did everything I could to help out the employees on the production floor as well. If I could make their jobs easier, I did.

Bemis management was good. They were very safety oriented and made sure all employees had everything they needed to keep us safe. They communicated to us on a quarterly basis and kept us in the loop of things going on in the plant and company as a whole as well. In my opinion, any employee could go to any member of management with issues or concerns and they would try to fix it. They often ask the operators and process support for their opinions as well.

The hardest part about my job was losing it. Overall, I enjoyed working for Bemis and would recommend it to others.
great co workers not so great HR
general (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIOctober 17, 2014
job was great but HR and management was questionable. safety is over board. co workers were great people.
good pay nice people to work with
Machinist (Former Employee), Manito, ILOctober 11, 2014
my job varies from day to day between grounds an equipment repair learned some new things on different pumps an centerfuges.The hardest part of the job is some of the people who think they do it all an know it all.
Sales and Graphics
Graphic & Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Bemis Corp in Minnsota, MacKay in KentuckySeptember 12, 2014
Pros: able to manage my own schedule by worked from home, and travel to clients and corporate office as needed.
Cons: sometime extensive traveling
Bemis is North America's largest food packaging company. My core role was to promote the pre-press service of the company and provide creative graphic design capabilities.

Dealt with large corporate entities; Sara Lee, Cargill Foods, Farmland Foods to name a few.

Convincing companies to switch from their current supplier was a challenge. Building a relationship took time and effort from both parties.
Behind the times in World Class Management
Assistant Extruder Operator (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMay 19, 2014
Pros: good wages and benefits
Cons: supervisors were promoted from within, with few management skills. very unprofessional management.
A typical day was very busy, with a lot of order changes. Many tasks had to be done quickly. Work was very hot in the summer, with questionable air quality most of the year. Management seemed more interested in finding ways to fire people than in helping them do their jobs better. Very clique work environment. If you were "in" you could get away without doing much. If you weren't in, life was pretty miserable.
good ol boys network...
Material Handler, 3rd shift (Current Employee), Columbus, INMarch 28, 2014
Pros: closed on weekends
Cons: violent place to work, short breaks, favoritism
The management team plays favorites towards certain employees and does not work with employees for work life balance. Don't even think of complaining to HR about anythjng. Management is clueless. Managers allow the team leads to run the entire shift instead of managers being managers. Violent place to work. Employees threatened each other and these employees are still employed. Harassment happens and nothing is done about that either.
Enjoyable year
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 13, 2014
Pros: lot of learning
Cons: located too far north
This position was a year in training for the position at Curwood in Paul's Valley, OK. However, I did quite enjoy this position as it was all about learning new things, which I greatly enjoy. In the end I found that the year in training concept was a great one but was ready to get back to the southern half of the US.
Not recommended if you have a family
Operator (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of respect, swing shift, poor management, the list goes on...
Bemis used to be a great place to work. Not anymore. They don't care if you have sick kids or emergengies come up. No sick days or personal time. You can't miss 5 days in a year. Management plays favorites and watch out if you have a target on your back! They will fire you even if you have been working there for years. Now all the employees are just numbers, not people. You are not respected even though they have trouble finding people stupid enough to work there. I suggest finding somewhere else to work. The only good thing about working at Bemis is the paychecks...
Inventory/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, great co-workers
Cons: not full-time bemis employee
Currently, I am a temporary worker for Bemis Company as the Inventory/Receiving Clerk. This position has no end date. I receive in all raw and work in process material that comes through the warehouse for inventory. I use purchase order information to track inventory and fill out receiving reports for purchased material. I use a lot of data entry using various inventory systems at Bemis. I receive in inventory that comes through WOW that was purchased by Bemis also. I also do monthly inventory cycle counts to maximize company profits. This position is a great position because everyday you are dealing with numbers and math. The co-workers are wonderful, and I have a great relationship with all of them. This position requires a lot of multi-tasking, and the most important aspect of this position is being very detail-oriented. Every number entered into the inventory system has to match perfectly. The most enjoyable part of my job is doing it effectively and efficiently every day. I need to look out for myself in terms of my future career, and I can not wait for Bemis to hire me full-time so that is the reason that I am looking elsewhere right now.
Good company and place to work.
Operator and facilitor (Former Employee), Lenoir, NCFebruary 20, 2014
Employees are treated with respect and given a proper work environment.
Stable Work enviroment
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: great pay, yearly schedule handed out every year
Cons: felt like a prison, once you were there u were locked in couldn't go outside except for a small gated area
Daily work involved set up of machines operations and quality control as well as packaging. Upper management was a joke, always being replaced never stable in upper management. Crew leaders and supervisors were great, fun to work with and were always willing to help troubleshoot any problems.
Really enjoyed the work hours with this particular company
Offbearer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 25, 2014
I had the opportunity to have a great eye for detail with various product coming from lines.
Productive Workplace
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Akron, OHJanuary 11, 2014
Enjoyable place work. Very friendly and team focus atmosphere,driven to meet customer expectations.
Fast paced and great people to work with
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 20, 2013
Pros: always busy time flies.
Cons: long hours at times
Load and unload trucks
put away raw material
load production line with raw material
put away finished goods
This was a very exciting job. It allowed you to grow each day in a wonderful environment of coworkers.
Inspector (Former Employee), Omaha, NeOctober 31, 2013
I really enjoyed working with this company because they really took the time to make sure you learned all the necessary functions throughout the entire training before you were actually on the production floor alone.
A technical challange
Electrician (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 12, 2013
Worked on many projects that improved the flow of Production.
Worked with lot of fellow employees for a long time, family oriented atmosphere.Very quality minded
Thermoformer Operator (Former Employee), Newark, CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: plant shut down
The company was productive because of the quality and productive minded employees. Most employees were friendly and worked together. The most difficult part of my day was the commute. I lived 82 miles away. The most enjoyable part of a day was having a trouble free day, producing quantity as well as quality.

1 2 3

About Bemis Company Inc

Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, – Read more

Bemis Company Inc Photos