Bemis Company Inc Employee Reviews in United States

n/a
EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 17, 2016
Unable to answer this at this time. However, work was not as it had been expressed upon hiring. This is not a full description of issues.
Perfect for college students.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIMay 16, 2016
I did not enjoy working for this company. I felt like I was just a number and not an individual. I felt like the work I did was never appreciated.
Management has lost focus
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 10, 2016
Management is overwhelmed trying to standardize the entire company breeding mediocrity at best.

No advancement opportunities in the manufacturing facilities unless located in the Fox Valley
Pros
Flexible hours for salary
Cons
Mgmt never worked anywhere else and corporate tends to ignore the incompetence.
nice bathrooms
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Crossett, ARMarch 24, 2016
great but unstable to many layoffs and mangement was unsure of everything.we was told that the company was in great shape but it wasnt
Bemis is an innovative company with many options for customers.
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 10, 2016
Bemis provides a fast paced environment whereby learning from customers, employees and management is available every day all day.
Pros
Everyday has a new challenge and learning experience.
Cons
Home/work balance is occasionally compromised.
A fun place to work.
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIFebruary 26, 2016
The pays good, the people are friendly, the hours are good, it does get slow during winter a bit. I only left because of problems with anxiety.
Pros
2 lunch brakes, friendly environment, good pay
Cons
as part time you never know what machine you'll be on
Satisfactory place to work (most days)
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 11, 2016
Good opportunities in growing business of the flexible packaging industry. Change in leadership, systems, culture be prepared to explain and show who you are.
Overall managment could be improved
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKJanuary 29, 2016
I worked there for a little over 6 months, started out great until a new supervisor was promoted to our shift, this supervisor unjustly treated everyone on our shift, He yelled and spoke to each employee inappropriately, curse them because he was having a hard time controlling productivity and waste. Which our shift never had a problem with the first four months without him. He told me that he was trying to write up and get ride of the ppl he deemed unworthy to work there. Overall management could be improved to prevent this kind of behavior.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
managment overlooks alot of the unjust treatment of employees
Great people to talk to. Great place to start out.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJanuary 7, 2016
Walk in on time, go to your assigned work station, which could be working with others or on your own. I learned how to work with power tools, PSI equipment and even forklifts. Our management was organized production wise. Co-workers was the highlight of the job. Meeting the people there was a great experience. The hardest part of the job was working with others that are not motivated to work. Where you would have to do your part and some of theirs.
Pros
Working with people that have become friends. Also the experience.
Cons
Some jobs can put you to sleep.
fun workplace
Insector (Former Employee) –  3550 moser stNovember 23, 2015
bemis is a fun workplace the people there are very friendly and respectful it was one of the best jobs i had i learned a lot about how to adjust machines and measure bag it was a great experience
Pros
rewards
Cons
401k
Summer Helper (Former Employee) –  OshkoshSeptember 8, 2015
I did what the other workers needed. The job was pretty laid back. All the people are great to talk to. some are a little weird but it was pretty good. I just wasnt that big on the 12 hour shifts
A great company
Global Category Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 27, 2015
Bermis is a great company with an incredible group of talent.

The company functions without the process and procedures in place to develop a comprehensive outcome for projects, daily functions.

Immediater management does not allow subordinates the leverage of the ability to become engaged in developing or learning the key components of the daily activities or projects.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Lack of process and procedures
same as Lone Star, changed names
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  prattville,alAugust 22, 2015
same as Lone Star, company changed names and managment every two-three years. This caused a problem for me working with this company.
No nonsense place to work and people genuinely care
IT TECHNOLOGY ANALYST II (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 21, 2015
Treated well the 5+ years I worked here. Several advancements and raises. The benefit package is bar none better than anything I have compared to my friends in the area.
Pros
healthcare, and several non pay benefits that make difference
Cons
new mgmt thrives on review after review and pointless meetings
political .clicks.favortism.back biting
bag helper/ (Former Employee) –  hazleton.paJuly 17, 2015
Typical plant atmosphere.everybody knows or has to know everybody's business.supervisors have favorites who get whatever they want .while shleps get stuck with the hard work.(forced progression) .this is how they justify moving you at will to any spot .job.or shift.schedule ..the money is decent for the work you do.if the group(click) dont like you then you are doomed .not everyone is treated equal.
Pros
steady work.supervisor never around.just sits in office with friends
Cons
too many to list..its not for everyone.having spoken with senior employees
Good Company to work for.
Bag Helper (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJuly 3, 2015
Good place to work, alot of overtime given and alot of room for advancement in the company. It can seem like alot at first until you get the hang of things but not a bad place for employment.
Pros
Room for advancement, Alot of overtime given.
Cons
Alot of walking.
Not professional
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  neenah, wiMay 20, 2015
not professional management , they have a standard erp supply chain systems. co workers are knowledgeable and helping . manager needs to be more assertive and have planned strategy
Day at Bemis
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 14, 2015
Work was always interesting. I always had something to do. Really enjoyed the job. Worked there for 16 years until the closed down.
productive,
Mechanical / Electrical apprentice maintenance (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 22, 2015
answer calls, fix machines that have issue ,do pm on machines that are not running, work on shop rebuilds when there are no calls and all pm are done
Pros
10 min. from home and 3 weeks of vac.
Cons
always changing hours and shift
Daily work
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 13, 2015
I was in involve in six sigma group. I also was a part of safety, waste reduction, quality, set up and reduction of downtime teams. I would check all safety functions of the press before starting my day. In addition to running the machine, I inspected all product from beginning to the end of the run of the material. The hardest part of the job on some jobs were problem solving. All jobs did not run the same.

2.9