Bemis Company Inc Employee Reviews

Best job i ever had
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 16, 2017
I lobbed going to work. I liked the work i performed. I enjoyed the people i work with. Excellent benefits wages vacation etc. Would recommend to anyone.
Great work enviornment
Project Management Intern - IT (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 15, 2017
It was a great work environment and everyone was very friendly and willing to help you out. I truly love my job here and wish it was for longer than just the summer months.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, great people
Educational Career
Facility Graphics Administrator (Current Employee) –  New London, WIAugust 7, 2017
I enjoy working at Bemis Company. It's a place where I have advanced my knowledge not only in the flexible packaging industry, but also improving my problem solving skills critical thinking.
Pros
management and new challenges
Cons
career growth
If you support the union and fair treatment of employees, look elsewhere.
Extrusion Operator (former) (Former Employee) –  Centerville, IowaAugust 7, 2017
The Bemis Company overall seems like is a great place to work. But, the Centerville plant is a different story. The Plant Manager and one supervisor is always harassing and treating union supporters different. They target them for unfair disciplinary action and is trying to reduce the union supporters to get them out of the plant. People just want to be treated with dignity and respect. If you are not a supporter of fair employee treatment, this is the place for you. If you want to be treated fairly, don't even consider this a last option.
Pros
Compensation fair
Cons
Unethical treatment of union supporters.
productive environment, strong safety culture, good support
Rewind Assistant Operator/Coater Operator (Former Employee) –  New London, WIAugust 2, 2017
Safety is at the top of the facility I worked at. Great safety culture, very employee driven..safety is a priority with it's workforce. Adequate training and compensation in the union plant I worked at. Lots of employee involvement, very strong safety culture with excellent record.
Pros
Good union/ management relationship
Cons
worked at 21/7 rotating three shift schedule with one week off a month, plus lots of overtime. Compensated well, but difficult on family life.
Fun and warm Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Shirley, MAJuly 24, 2017
Bemis is a warm, friendly work environment. Very results focused but the team oriented culture makes it a joy to go to work everyday.
The ability to succeed is prevalent at Bemis.
Not as stable as you would like
N/A (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 24, 2017
The company has made it clear that the bottom line is more important than the culture. The company has the potential to be great if they stepped up and showed their workforce that people matter more than the bottom line.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Job Security
Productive Place to work
Operations/Planning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Chute, WIJuly 18, 2017
Days were up and down duty wise, but mangers typically let me do my thing and made me aware of avenues to better my skills for jobs either at Bemis or any other place.

The people are great.
Buyer - Logistics (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 18, 2017
This is a good company to work for. Didn't learn much but good for beginners in the field of Purchasing. It builds a foundation for more skilled companies for the future. There are opportunities for advancement if you are willing to wait.
Worst company I've ever worked for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 10, 2017
Very cliquish, if you're not friends with the shift leader you're screwed. The air conditioning at most of the machine lines do not work. We actually had people pass out from this. I would say only work here as a last resort.
Cons
Good paying job and stable company
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 7, 2017
Good paying job and stable company, however there are still a lot of employees that are resistant to change and stuck in the good ol' ways of doing things. This can make it difficult for a young motivated employee to feel welcome.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
crazy stubborn coworkers
Great place to work, flexible schedule
Flexo Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 27, 2017
12 hour shifts of either straight nights or straight days. You work a 2-2-3 schedule so you only work half of the year, and you get paid weekly. Everybody is easy to get along with, and they have competitive benefits.
Pros
great work schedule
Cons
12 hour shifts and you start on nights until a day shift spot opens
Nice atmosphere overall
laborer (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, WIJune 25, 2017
Some of the nicest people to work with as far as a factory goes, very laid back or fast paced- hard to get an even flow sometimes, the management treats the workers very well
Very good company
Value Stream Production Supervisor (contract) (Former Employee) –  Shirley, MAJune 17, 2017
Good pay and benefits. Lousy middle management.

Went way beyond in managing 30-35 employees in a two building plant. Middle management was insecure in their position. Great employees and top management.
Not a great work culture
Extrusion Coater Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 15, 2017
They dont have a proper training team/person to show you the right way to do things then you get in trouble for not knowing because every one has a different way to do the same thing and most are not the correct way.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not properly trained to provide safe work environment
When Business was up, this was a great place to work. The company is downsizing
Plate Maker/ Plate Mounter (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJune 2, 2017
When I started 7 years ago this company was great. The pay is very good, great people to work with. The business has slowed down and now is running on a skeleton crew.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lot of overtime
Okay Company to work for
Invoicing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 2, 2017
Bemis has gotten so large, that a lot of the things had to be automated. Invoicing was one, and that's the reason I was laid off.
We had work days that were very busy, but work got done by staying focused on job on hand. I enjoyed the office atmosphere that was created in our little department. I got along with everybody. Thought we were a great team.
Pros
I liked my job duties
Cons
It just got to big
Right opportunity for the right individual
Operator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 30, 2017
Company just did about 40 layoffs at my plant.

You feel like you're walking on eggshells, constantly.

A sense of dread and despair fills your stomach as you clock in for your shift.

You wonder what rules were re-written today. Should you ask your manager about the quality concern? Do you want to get yelled at for asking your manager even though your manager told you you have to ask them, yet you should already know the answer but you still have to ask for approval anyway otherwise you will get yelled at..for not asking...

Micromanagement. Constantly.

It's fun and exciting at first. then it feels like daycare, when you're 5, and another kid takes your favorite toy from you. And then you're crying on the inside but you're stuck there until 5.

Each day I go in...I die a little bit on the inside.

Everytime someone does something wrong, we hear about it in the next pre-shift meeting.

Pay is great, but you are just a number to them. They don't care about you or your life outside of work.

Vacation is great but you have to give 28 days of notice before the date. And maybe you will get it if you're lucky.

If you don't have a life, you enjoy being micromanaged and you like to work hard with lazy people who will watch you do all the work, this is the job for you.

There will be a vacancy soon.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts
Was a fun hard working professional environment
EXTRUSION OPERATOR (Fire safety-CPR trained) (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 24, 2017
Shift rotation 12 hour shifts was grueling but rewarding , Time off and pay rate were good and you had a feeling of pride in delivering a quality product in a timely fashion . I would still be there if not for plant closing.
Pros
Great safety programs and concerned management .
Good company
Assistant rewind operator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 19, 2017
Bemis is a company that offers rapid advancement and great pay. Rotating shifts are hard to get used to but there is a lot to learn and keep you growing with the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bemis Company Inc. Our community is ready to answer.