Bemis Manufacturing Company Employee Reviews

great people
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2016
This is a job I held while living in Pittsburgh, it was a great job. Not based on pay or benefits but because of the atmosphere and great people I had to work with. I came in early everyday just hang out with my co-workers!
Pros
great people
Cons
no benefits
Productive and active working
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 23, 2016
typical days at work are doing injection for machine operate. Look for sign that may affect the work cause and following pontentials rules to finished the day of work.
Pros
Friendly work place and good management
Cons
short hours for part time casual
enjoyable place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJune 15, 2016
the work place and workers there are fun to be around it is a relaxed work environment and would recommend anyone to try to work there.
not really shore what your gonna be doing
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCNovember 24, 2015
when working for Bemis you never really know what your gonna be doing that day you work because one day you could be running one press and the next you could end up being passed around up to 8 different presses
Pros
really good money for job
Cons
short breaks and life consumming
Bemis is a family company.
Playbook Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Offices for the Kelch Division of BemisAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at the office was to set up and go to meetings. Direct meetings and sometimes take notes for meetings. Send out notes from meetings and to follow up with people to make sure they are doing their jobs. Scanning and filing paperwork and prints. Making sample planners to ensure that the tools that have gone out are going to run correctly.Sending packages out to the customer. Working with many different people from engineers, production managers, setup, and production operators. Organization was the key to success at this job.
Pros
A good learning experience with the way management and production work.
Experience
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJanuary 30, 2016
Work here can vary from screws for your toilet seat to hoods for a well known company.
You learn how to maintain quality control during checks throughout the shift.
Bemis goes so far to take pictures of how to properly do those checks & maintain quality within spec. However, your clock number goes into items stating I approve this part even when management approves it but you wouldn't because it's out of spec. If that happens tell your supervisor to put their number on it. Also make a note that this happened because QC may come back months later. Make notes if this occurs because it could.
Breaks are very generous. State of Wisconsin doesn't require breaks be given. Be thankful.
For the most part like any job people are clicky. Some worse than others. Just do your job it's not social hour.
Bemis has it's ups & downs but really it's a job that pays great! The work seems crazy fast at first & complex but honestly it's a great job to learn from & when you go to other companies you will wish that were like Bemis.
Enjoy being bounced around to various jobs. Soak in the experience it will do well for you after you leave. Learn as many codes as possible so they can use you more.
Recommend ADF over E&CT by a landslide.
Pros
Breaks & great hourly pay
Cons
Union & everybody in job duty makes same pay, not based off skill
Project Playbook Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan fall, WiAugust 11, 2015
I've learned a great deal from Bemis to want to further schooling and continue to excel. My co-workers are great to work with and very welcoming to help with anything or any questions I may have.
Pros
the free continuious learning
Cons
none I can think of!!
Productive and Easy Going Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WISeptember 14, 2015
Very nice place to work,
positive people with good benefits.
I enjoyed the fact that the managers really believed in you and wanted you to move up within the company.
Good Company
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJune 11, 2015
Good company, however, like most have taken advantage of being able to hire temporary or casual employees to avoid benefits. Hours sporadic, sent home after 4 hours due to over-staffing and lack of work. Not a stable environment, forced to pay union dues while working without benefits to keep job.
Productive work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WISeptember 9, 2015
Verify all supplies
Manage machines and upkeep
Communicate with others
Assemble and package products
Manage you own work orders
Inspect all products
Ran toliet seat line
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIFebruary 17, 2015
This is a great company to work for. You neither punch in of out of the job, and no one cheats the company. People are great to work with, friendly. They produce a quality product you can be proud of. They have a rotating management team from the union members. Their term is 2 years. The pay is great and so too are the benefits. I worked part time weekends but worked extra hours during the week. I made more than enough to live on. During the week of deer hunting I worked over time. I was on piece work and the rates are reasonable.
Pros
great management, friendly co-workers
Assebles different products
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIFebruary 7, 2015
Bemis is a fun and well managed place to work. The management is understanding and helpful. The co-worker are fun and you can build relationships with them. There are great benefits. A typical day at work includes talking to the manger about what needs to be done. Working in groups and building friendships. I have learned how to be even more organized and focus on what the customer wants. The management is great and understanding when there is a emergency. I have build some relationships with many co-workers there and even though I do not work there anymore I still carry those friendships. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the pieces for assembly would not work together or meet customers requirements. The most enjoyable part is when you come into the building and everyone talks about how their days were.
Pros
respectful invironment
Cons
not all projects were easy
Excellent Company, provided me with the ability to expand me responsibity to my region.
Western Region Sales Manager - Healthcare Division (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIMay 23, 2014
When in home office, reviewed areas of opportunity as well as areas that may be under threat by competition.
Time management was the most important thing I learned as I was responsible for the Western halve of the United States.
My co-workers were mostly at our headquarters in Sheboygan Falls, WI.
As I have stated, since I covered half the U.S., time management was critical and there were occasions when I had to struggle to be at multiple locations.
I know many people complain about travel, but I am one who really enjoys it Although, scheduling can be difficult.
Pros
learning about the plastics industry, excellent benefits package
Cons
airport parking
good pay, part time hours, coworkers some were good, some not so good
compression molder (former employee) (Former Employee) –  sheboygan falls wisDecember 13, 2013
Fast paced work, constant badgering from production.manager in compression molding. Intimidation and frustration. All this for 5.years till it got to where I could take it no more. Managment at Bemis in Sheboygan Falls sucks, plain and simple. The most enjoyable part of the workday was quitting time. High quanity of production took the place of quality. Push push push, faster faster.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
short breaks and were timed, while no two clocks were the same.
Very fast auto production line work.
Line Operator (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIApril 23, 2012
A typical day in the Hinging Department at Bemis can vary widely, and you never know what position you're going to be placed in (therefore, you never know what kind of day to expect). I learned a lot about people, and how they deal with their lives when they hate their jobs.
Pros
excellent pay for part-time employees
Cons
unhappy and mean coworkers / poor managers
Fun Internship with great learning opportunities!
Online Library Coordinator/Front Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 24, 2012
There was no typical day at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts. One day I might be throwing clay on a wall of a cave we are building, or another I might be judging an auction. I did work for 3 months manually entering the entire library of books into the online library system. We had over 3000 books that were not logged, but this was the best learning experience. Not only did I learn a lot about the artists that I was entering, I learned a lot about data entry, keeping track of entries and checked out materials. I also brought my typing skills from 34 WPM to 52WPM, and sharpened my spelling and gramar skills as well. The most enjoyable part of this job was all the hands-on work I was able to do. The hardest part was the distance I drove to be a part of this, even when I was just volunteering.
Pros
hands-on work, great teamwork, so much to learn daily.
Cons
distance, pay, and no benefits.
Family like environment
Inside Sales/Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJuly 6, 2014
Fun place to work. Employees were treated with respect by management. Everyone supported each other and respected the needs of the business.

Unfortunately for me this was just a temp assignment and the assignment ended.
Fast-paced assembly lines
ADF Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIFebruary 26, 2014
A typical day at work involved running one of about 20 different assembly lines which ranged from toilet seats to Target shopping carts. You would have to cut, pack and stack the parts.
I was a casual employee on third shift
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan falls wiSeptember 12, 2012
The people I worked with were great. I worked as a press operator and learned how to make qualiy parts.
Pros
good pay
Cons
only part-time no benefits
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJApril 17, 2012
Great place to work. Enjoyed the daily contact with all employees at my location and company-wide, including external vendors, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bemis Manufacturing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Bemis Manufacturing Company Reviews by Location