Bemis Manufacturing Company Employee Reviews

Great operations
Sector Leader (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed learning about the different machines used for producing plastics. Ensuring proper operations of the machines to the maximum efficiency was the most enjoyable aspect for me. The management handled everything well.
It was alright
Die cleaner and die caster (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJuly 8, 2017
It is a good place to work, but it is hard to get a full time job I was there for thirteen months and had no insurance that is why I applied at Kohler because I needed insurance for my family and I
Family Owned Company
General Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJune 16, 2017
Family owned company that has a weird seniority chain (i.e. Full time, summer help, part time) Part timers get little to no hours in the summer in most departments. Job pays great for relatively easy work.
Pros
relatively easy work
Cons
little to no hours for part timers
Load Hauler (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJune 14, 2017
Bemis is a great company to work for. The hours are constant, the pay is amazing, the people are great, the environment is inviting, and the work is not very difficult.
Pros
pay
Cons
not any
Factory
Operator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 30, 2017
Printing company for plastic , operator, assistant. Wash ups, had yearly schedules, had a union and 12 hour shifts; busy work . Running presses . And working hard
Pros
3 breaks . 12 hour shifts with overtime when wanted
It's a factory job
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIMay 25, 2017
A typical day included operating a machine (either by yourself or with another person), quality inspection of finished product, trimming the product if needed, making boxes, and packaging the finished product.
Pros
Break every 2 hours, rotated usually every day, and great pay
Cons
Stand on feet for 8 hour shifts, favoritism, and repetitive work
A hardworking Place.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIApril 18, 2017
Bemis is a nice work place, but doesn't give much hours. I would recommend Bemis for anyone looking for low hours to work at Bemis. It get hot in the summer and nice in winter.
Pros
Air conditiong
Cons
Short breaks
factory worker (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 10, 2017
Its a factory job that doesn't show a lot of loyalty to the employee but expects the employee to be loyal to them. Makes decisions based on whats best for the company not so healthy or safe for its workers.
Good place to earn a paycheck
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIFebruary 6, 2017
Working on the manufacturing floor requires the full attention of employees in regards to safety and quality. Two aspects that the company takes seriously. Pay is above average for the area and benefits cost less than average to the employee for the area. Moving from the shop floor to the office in terms of a career has proved to be difficult, yet is an experience to be had. The work/life balance is difficult to work with if on second or third shift. Seniority is high within the company, making the move to first shift difficult.
paid very well with good benefits
Injection molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085December 19, 2016
Operated a Injection molding machines, trimmed and grinding parts to specifications. Packaged and labeled parts for shipping, helped train new employees.

New managers didn't know the job.

A very clique work culture.

Co-workers were fun to work with.

made good money, but no advancement opportunities
Pros
good money
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Decent factory employment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WINovember 18, 2016
Personally did not enjoy the work environment. Very loud. Goes with factory work so unavoidable. Co-workers very nice and pleasant to work with. Would not want to work here longer than I did.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Environment, standing all day
Bemis Manufacturing is a good family business to work for.
Line Operator / Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIOctober 25, 2016
At Bemis I work as a line operator. I'm responsible for the quality of my parts,packaging and measuring. I'm also a facilitator, responsible for training new employees for their jobs. This includes running lines,packaging, measuring and safety. Over the years I have learned many things at Bemis, how to use different gauges, read graphs and being responsible for quality control. Most enjoyable part of my jobs are the people I work with. The most difficult part of my job is training people who are unwilling to work.
Pros
Bemis has good insurance, and many pleasent people to work with.
Easy work, but not a very good work atmosphere.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJuly 29, 2016
Easy work overall and instructions are normally pretty clear on what to do, However there are some management problems that should be addressed. You would have to work there to know what I mean. No long term incentives. People that are there 30 years get paid the same amount as someone who just got hired.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
short breaks, no air conditioning, no long term incentives
great people
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2016
This is a job I held while living in Pittsburgh, it was a great job. Not based on pay or benefits but because of the atmosphere and great people I had to work with. I came in early everyday just hang out with my co-workers!
Pros
great people
Cons
no benefits
enjoyable place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJune 15, 2016
the work place and workers there are fun to be around it is a relaxed work environment and would recommend anyone to try to work there.
Productive and active working
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 23, 2016
typical days at work are doing injection for machine operate. Look for sign that may affect the work cause and following pontentials rules to finished the day of work.
Pros
Friendly work place and good management
Cons
short hours for part time casual
Experience
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJanuary 30, 2016
Work here can vary from screws for your toilet seat to hoods for a well known company.
You learn how to maintain quality control during checks throughout the shift.
Bemis goes so far to take pictures of how to properly do those checks & maintain quality within spec. However, your clock number goes into items stating I approve this part even when management approves it but you wouldn't because it's out of spec. If that happens tell your supervisor to put their number on it. Also make a note that this happened because QC may come back months later. Make notes if this occurs because it could.
Breaks are very generous. State of Wisconsin doesn't require breaks be given. Be thankful.
For the most part like any job people are clicky. Some worse than others. Just do your job it's not social hour.
Bemis has it's ups & downs but really it's a job that pays great! The work seems crazy fast at first & complex but honestly it's a great job to learn from & when you go to other companies you will wish that were like Bemis.
Enjoy being bounced around to various jobs. Soak in the experience it will do well for you after you leave. Learn as many codes as possible so they can use you more.
Recommend ADF over E&CT by a landslide.
Pros
Breaks & great hourly pay
Cons
Union & everybody in job duty makes same pay, not based off skill
not really shore what your gonna be doing
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCNovember 24, 2015
when working for Bemis you never really know what your gonna be doing that day you work because one day you could be running one press and the next you could end up being passed around up to 8 different presses
Pros
really good money for job
Cons
short breaks and life consumming
Productive and Easy Going Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WISeptember 14, 2015
Very nice place to work,
positive people with good benefits.
I enjoyed the fact that the managers really believed in you and wanted you to move up within the company.
Productive work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WISeptember 9, 2015
Verify all supplies
Manage machines and upkeep
Communicate with others
Assemble and package products
Manage you own work orders
Inspect all products