Bemis Manufacturing Company

Bemis Manufacturing Company Employer Reviews

Excellent Company, provided me with the ability to expand me responsibity to my region.
Western Region Sales Manager - Healthcare Division (Former Employee), Sheboygan Falls, WIMay 23, 2014
Pros: learning about the plastics industry, excellent benefits package
Cons: airport parking
When in home office, reviewed areas of opportunity as well as areas that may be under threat by competition.
Time management was the most important thing I learned as I was responsible for the Western halve of the United States.
My co-workers were mostly at our headquarters in Sheboygan Falls, WI.
As I have stated, since I covered half the U.S., time – more... management was critical and there were occasions when I had to struggle to be at multiple locations.
I know many people complain about travel, but I am one who really enjoys it Although, scheduling can be difficult. – less
Fast-paced assembly lines
ADF Contractor (Former Employee), Sheboygan Falls, WIFebruary 26, 2014
A typical day at work involved running one of about 20 different assembly lines which ranged from toilet seats to Target shopping carts. You would have to cut, pack and stack the parts.
good pay, part time hours, coworkers some were good, some not so good
compression molder (former employee) (Former Employee), sheboygan falls wisDecember 13, 2013
Pros: paycheck
Cons: short breaks and were timed, while no two clocks were the same.
Fast paced work, constant badgering from production.manager in compression molding. Intimidation and frustration. All this for 5.years till it got to where I could take it no more. Managment at Bemis in Sheboygan Falls sucks, plain and simple. The most enjoyable part of the workday was quitting time. High quanity of production took the place of quality. – more... Push push push, faster faster. – less
only worked weekends there
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sheboygan Falls, WIOctober 26, 2013
Pros: pay was good
Cons: people were mean
people there were not nice to me
to demanding people
some of the jobs were hard to do
I was a casual employee on third shift
Press operator (Former Employee), Sheboygan falls wiSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: only part-time no benefits
The people I worked with were great. I worked as a press operator and learned how to make qualiy parts.
Fun Internship with great learning opportunities!
Online Library Coordinator/Front Desk Intern (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 24, 2012
Pros: hands-on work, great teamwork, so much to learn daily.
Cons: distance, pay, and no benefits.
There was no typical day at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts. One day I might be throwing clay on a wall of a cave we are building, or another I might be judging an auction. I did work for 3 months manually entering the entire library of books into the online library system. We had over 3000 books that were not logged, but this was the best learning – more... experience. Not only did I learn a lot about the artists that I was entering, I learned a lot about data entry, keeping track of entries and checked out materials. I also brought my typing skills from 34 WPM to 52WPM, and sharpened my spelling and gramar skills as well. The most enjoyable part of this job was all the hands-on work I was able to do. The hardest part was the distance I drove to be a part of this, even when I was just volunteering. – less
Very fast auto production line work.
Line Operator (part-time) (Former Employee), Sheboygan Falls, WIApril 23, 2012
Pros: excellent pay for part-time employees
Cons: unhappy and mean coworkers / poor managers
A typical day in the Hinging Department at Bemis can vary widely, and you never know what position you're going to be placed in (therefore, you never know what kind of day to expect). I learned a lot about people, and how they deal with their lives when they hate their jobs.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Flemington, NJApril 17, 2012
Great place to work. Enjoyed the daily contact with all employees at my location and company-wide, including external vendors, etc.