BeMobile Employee Reviews

Honestly not good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North DakotaNovember 14, 2017
Pay is terrible. You get 9 an hour, constinly getting threaten to loose job if not selling what the company wants, I barely get weekends off and if I do then I have to work Monday through Saturday and since their week is a Thursday through Wednesday I don’t get over time for working 50 hours that past week. I work two 6 day weeks a month. Management is terrible. You never hear back from them and if you do it’s two to three days later. All full of empty promises. This job is great is you dont have any kids, not paying rent, not paying for car insurance, don’t have any bills, and don’t have a life.
Pros
Discounts on accessories
Cons
Working hours, pay, ethics, management
Company is out of business for a reason
Verizon Wireless Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 6, 2017
The company was joke...praised for selling phones that got a high commission for the manager and store but not what the customer wanted, punished for selling a customer a phone they actually wanted.
Pros
discounted product
Cons
bad place to work
Official response from BeMobile
May 17, 2017

Sorry you feel this way. BeMobile does train and have a Sales Process that does include discovering the needs of customers and then recommending the correct product according to their needs. It is true that some phones have better margins/commissions than other phones which is typical of any store. Our pay plans are designed to reward both the Sales Partner and Store Leader based on sales performance. Thank you.

Quality Customer Friendly
Customer Service Representative and Sales (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 19, 2016
Great Company ran into problems like any company but store had open door policy. Great at working to get you your vacation plans
Pros
Educated Staff
Cons
No breaks understaffed often
Preached values with no meaning, terrible upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  MidwestSeptember 20, 2015
Presents values during interview and offer, that's the end of their value. Upper management doesn't care about employees or customers.
Pros
The dream they sell you in the interviewing and offer process
Cons
Work life balance (at all levels), Poor compensation (at all levels), favoritism from leadership, unrealistic expectations and really bad communication (at all levels)
Official response from BeMobile
May 17, 2017

Over the last year, BeMobile has incorporated and redefined our Core Values so that all employees can discuss, recognize and understand the Values. In addition, quarterly reviews are based on our Core Values to encourage conversations, realistic expectations, successes and challenges.

Although we are not perfect, we are striving to always be better in employee communications. Our Leaders, at all levels, care about all employees. Thank you.

Expectations are all over the board
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 6, 2015
Company claims to be "family friendly" which is absolutely not the case. Managers are expected to work 26-28 days each month, leaving little time for a work life balance. Benefit pricing is astronomical, with health family coverage costing well over $800/month. Commission pay is all over the board, with constantly changing commission structure; if the store leaders hit goals, it will constantly rise to near impossible to hit levels, if the store leaders don't hit goals, it will remain the same. They will often leave positions unfilled, leaving remaining store leaders to pick up the slack of absentee upper management. They also encourage hitting goals by any means necessary, even if it includes taking advantage of customers. The one positive is the sales partners, there are a lot of great people working at line level or store leader positions with little to no guidance from upper management. Wouldn't recommend working here as anything other than a sales partner, do yourself a favor and work at a corporate Verizon location, considerably higher pay, far better benefits.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Benefits, Hours, Work/Life Balance, Absentee Upper Management, Commission Structure, Leadership
Always changing and exciting place to work
Sales Partner (Current Employee) –  New Ulm, MNFebruary 15, 2015
Working everyday with customers is something I love about this job. Having conversation with customers and coworkers is always a huge plus throughout a work environment. The hardest part of my job was working with customers that had no option for the situation they put themselves in. Example would be the customer breaking their phone and they didn't have insurance or a back up phone and wanting something cheap or free. The best part of my job would have to be working and continuing relationships with customers after their first time at the store. Having them come back and wanting to work with me shows I did my job right and they feel comfortable with me. With this job, I learned how to work to maintain my goals and numbers for the company. After my second month working for BeMobile, I was number 9 in the company for sales.
Pros
Building my skills with customer interaction, rewarding commission checks, and excellent coworkers
Not a very good experience
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, MNOctober 22, 2014
I was promised advancement, 50% discounts, and many other things only to find out that there was no advancement opportunity and I would not receive any discount. I was hired to run a store but only paid one dollar more per hour than the sales partners. The pay was not commensurate with the responsibilities. The District Manager modeled the ethics of sales as customers being an obstacle to the sale. A great job, but not enough pay and you have to willing to be treated like dirt and willing to treat customers like dirt.
Pros
Fun Industry
Cons
everything else! Not enough pay, No training in crucial areas! Ethics are borderline of requiring con artist skills.
Outstanding company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MNMay 10, 2014
Great culture, great leadership. Should have stayed with the company.
Pros
discounts
Cons
unaffordable health benefits
Sales/Customer Service
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 24, 2014
Everyday operations of sales and management. Taking care of daily needs in the cell phone industry.
Good entry level job
Sales Partner (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 20, 2013
Good company to work for. Enjoyed my time there. Salary is less competitive than some other companies practicing the same strategies.

Want to know more about BeMobile?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BeMobile. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4