Ben E. Keith Company Employee Reviews

good pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 6, 2017
good company to work one of the best paying ware house in the country depending on department you can make as much as 18-30 plus an hour they pay retirement you dont pay anything out of your check.
Pros
pays well
Cons
senority rules
Not good
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 28, 2017
Didn't like the way management worked they have you at a fast paste and they don't care about the employees they only care about getting the job done.
I have no clue.
Truck Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2017
I mean it's alright if you like getting worked crazy hours and not getting paid enough to do all the stuff they ask of you. Most people like all the hours but a bump pay be nice
Good pay, politics and people who think they know what they are talking about
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 1, 2017
The assistant GM thinks he knows more than everyone and has no experience in these areas. Constant racial slurs and putting down of employees. High turn over rate and employees are nothing to the higher ups
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No support from anyone especially managment
Flexible work schedule
Store Stocker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 24, 2017
Good company to work at for part-time If you are going to school. Supervisors are flexible with schooling and will work with you. Have a good personality because you will be working around customers 24/7 when they ask you questions about the products.
Great company vision
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
I have enjoyed my growth with this company and look forward to continued growth. The sky is the limit at Ben E Keith. The company culture has been an extremely welcoming culture and the believe family comes first although we feel nothing less than a family of our own there. The tools given to us help us succeed and the promotions and different ways to earn benefits of the job we do are great!
expendable, boring, bad work life
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 26, 2017
as a weekend store stocker you're viewed as expendable. the hours are long(13-15 hour saturday),and the pay isn't that great(11.25). the job however is easy when beer isn't really selling, but during the times that it does sell, it can be a bit overwhelming. You're required to work Holidays(with no bonus pay). If you have any social life whatsoever this job isn't for you.
Pros
no supervision, lots of free time
Cons
long hours, sometimes overwhelming, sometimes bored out of your mind
Very relaxed environment and nice people
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 15, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of me pulling orders according to instructions. I learned a lot about different beer. The management was very professional. The hardest part of the job was staying extra long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be myself.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Small breakroom
N/a
Warehouse Operator/ Route Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
Good people on the operation side overtime is always a plus pretty cool place once u figure out the pros and cons around the place but i can't complain.
Could be better
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2017
You have good days and bad days but mostly bad at least in my eyes especially considering the fact that the warehouse just isn't great at all when it comes to building pallets and loading trucks, but that just my opinion
Pros
Get off early most of the work week
Cons
Pay could be a lot better and warehouse operations isn't the greatest
Slow to medium pace enviroment .
Inventory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 29, 2017
I worked standard hours of approximately 45 hours a week . I prefer a faster work place as a personal preference however it was refreshing to be able to slow down for a change .
Good company
Third Shift Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2017
the company is really good to work for. however there is a lot of favoritism and if your not best buddies with people there is no advancement whatsoever.
Pros
lots of hours, lots of overtime, good benifits
Cons
management
good company
Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2017
this is a good company to work for. we had good trucks and equipment to do our jobs. management was okay. coworkers were always helpful
Decent work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Ace it's a fun environment and I wish I could start over fresh and work for this company again I would recommend this company to anyone looking for employment
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
2 30 minute breaks
Good Company
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 2, 2017
Drive from Wichita, KS to Edmond, Oklahoma and Wichita, KS to Nebraska. Occasionally drive from Wichita, KS to Kansas City, KS. Sometimes there is short notice for schedule changes. They pay for cleaning out trailers. Drive time normally begins around 5 and can go as long as 6 a.m depending of if you have a double. Benefits are good!
Decent pay
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 16, 2016
Decent pay for the labor. Decent benefits. Could use better Management who treats employees with respect. Great work schedule leaves time for the family. The company besides a few bad managers is a good company.
Great place
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2016
Great place to work. A lot of room for growth. Great benefits and the employers care for their employees. This place is a very friendly environment everyone knows each other
I was the account manager/salesman for Budweiser and managed around 30-35 accounts.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 18, 2016
I got to work at 6am everyday and worked monday through friday, unless it was a weekend that we had a special event like a NASCAR race. In that case i would have to check on my accounts throughout te weekend to ensure they had plenty of product to sell to there customers. The management was all pretty nice. We had a warehouse manager that was pretty rude, but we didn't pay much attention to him. Working for the king of beers was a very fun job. You ruled every store, because you sold so much more product than any other company. I worked from six to four in the afternoon. It was a schedule that you got very use to quick. I already had plenty of experience since I had worked for Miller Lite before. I didnt have to learn much.
Pros
Had a schedule that was monday thur friday
Cons
there wasn't any really. all you had to do was take care of your accounts
Some what okay
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 5, 2016
The job is great the people are great is just management the ones that make your life impossible.

They do not know what they are doing they hire lazy people and expect you to make miracles of them.
Every week you get new people. You can make serious money there employes are nice most of them. But at the end of the day you get yelled at for no reason the managers think they know everything but when a boss from morning shift arrives they are peeing in their pants
Pros
Okay pay, good peoole in the company hard working
You earn every penny
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2016
I worked for Ben E Keith as a Driver for 6 months.
Pros-
Good Pay
Dont need CDL experience to start driving
Thats it

Cons-
Extremely hard work

Routes are ALWAYS changing and you never know where you will be

Trucks are a joke ( i would say at minimum 50% wouldn't pass DOT inspection and there isnt assigned truck so most are nasty and just full of trash)

Management is ok but instead of trying to inspire their drivers they bring a decent amount of negativity and do not keep their promises

ALSO IF MANAGEMENT EVER PROMISES YOU ANYTHING GET IT IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ben E. Keith Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8