Ben E. Keith

Ben E. Keith Employee Reviews

a good job to work and stay inshape
Hotshot Driver (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: ok pay
Cons: not a fair work place
lazy workers stay good hard worker get fired
they only want family members to work in the office
and get all the good loads and routs
No respect and not a good work environment !
Order Puller (Former Employee), Little Rock , ArFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: finishing pulling going home to family
Cons: short breaks
When you start working for this company for a couple of months , you'll see that they don't care for you or your family well beings . And as puller they want you to be fast and never make a mistake . If you do eventually make a couple of mistakes you'll be out the door I promise! The managers are horrible , they are losing a lot of employees at this moment due to managers not treating them right! If you don't believe me , when you start ask someone about the turn-over rate. But it starts from the top! You get 2 breaks which is ridiculous a 15 min and 30 min!! That's against the law! But the most enjoyable part of my job was finishing my pulling and going home to my family, and the hardest was putting up with supervisors who didn't know how to supervise !
High turnover rate.
order selector (Former Employee), Fort WorthFebruary 13, 2015
Cons: 1 15min break and 30min lunch working 5:30pm-5am or longer.
Was a order selector, management sucks they have no respect for employees. They change your pay to pay per case so you make way less money and still work over 50hrs a week. Equipment doesn't work properly. They expect you to work fast on old equipment that breaks down every other day.
A day at work
Web Administrator/Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
The people are what make this company. There are some great people who work very hard and the owners are amazing as well as fairly humble.

I had lots of opportunities to attend training classes and the ability to go to school and work was very much appreciated.
Great Paying Job
Night Selector (Current Employee), Edmond, OKSeptember 24, 2014
It is a good place to work if you want to save up money but you have to be physically fit and able to work fast.
Good clean environment to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: weekly free llunches
Cons: no opportunity for advancement.
Typical day at Ben E. Keith was daily handling are money from delivery from the drivers. Counted all drops and made deposits in-house. There wasn't anything hard pertaining to the job and there was not anything enjoyable.
Poor Management which is sporatic and extremely selective
Lead Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Palestine, TXJune 3, 2014
large company with many internal issues, Steady work, but they go through large number of employees due to inconsistency of policies and treatment from one individual to the next
Very professional work place with great portfolio of products.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2014
Pros: great people and great management
Cons: long hours and less than great benefits
Great Company with great structure and great pay. Long hours though.
high turn over rate!
Seasonal Delivery Driver/Helper (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: seasonal helper
Made and/or assisted with deliveries to all scheduled accounts.
Unload and moved product using appropriate equipment throughout shift.Checks and verifies product order with customer for accuracy and quality.Stocked all windows, shelves, coolers and cold boxes.
Maintained fresh products by rotating inventory supplies.
Plenty of hours, physically stenuous labor, abnormal hours
Driver helper (Former Employee), Edmond Ben E KeithMarch 12, 2014
Pros: i heard drivers make a lot after 1 year, cadio/muscle workout.
Cons: you may blow out your knees on ramp, 2:00am clock in times
Job/work life: drivers start work mostly between 2 and 5 AM. seem like drivers averaged over 58hrs. From what I've hear for a trucking job this isn't bad considering some trucking jobs are on call 24-7
compensation: I was at $12 hr driver helper. driver trainees make $14.50hr for training period, incentive pay after, I heard after a year you could make a lot like $75,000 if you work enough hours.
Job security/Advancement: I got my CDL and they told me before starting I would start driving at end of 1st week: that didn't happen. After seven weeks I left because as far as I know I would remain as driver helper for the next 3 months; also this job is too much on your knees. It's commonplace to carry 250lbs down a steep ramp out the back of a truck on a hand dolly (with or without decent brakes depending on the dolly). They tell you to buy your own hand truck which new is at least $200 and up to over $500.
I had to quit for two reasons 1) because I was trying to get started on my driving career and they would only allow me to ride along routes and unload the truck (and not drive). 2) my knees feel very strange (bad) and I figure if I stuck with this job I would cause serious damage to my knees (which is not uncommon).

work time is mostly spent unloading and rearranging trailer. Some routes are very local I've been to Kansas border. Hardest part of job is going down the ramp. I sort of liked the fact that it was a physically demanding job but I think it's a bit "over the line" and abusive (like your knees can't handle it).

This job is known to be bad for the knees but some people will be affected worse than others. I know there was a guy there who was doing it for 8 years and he said he hasn't had a problem.

Everybody has Sunday off, lighter work on Saturdays
great pay long hours
warehouse (Former Employee), Denton, TXSeptember 16, 2013
the job is not the greatest but you are paid well. hours are very long .
New location open up in Houston,TX
Loader Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 1, 2013
Coming into this job I was told that about the company and how great it is work at Ben E. Keith. How they treat the employees like family and they look to hire and promote with the company and not outside. Which for me sounded great. The training for the company was intense they paid for us to go to school to learn how to do our job and get certified. As time went on with this location just starting so the managers run the company the way they want to and not like the location in Forth Worth and San Antonio. They were unorganized a lot of people have quit since I have been there. We started off with 8 loader and now it just 3 including myself. There are some days where it's just me by myself. The loader is the hardest job because if the truck is not loaded correctly then you have unload everything then reloaded it correctly. This problems that continue to happen makes it hard to work for them and especially when I'm loading 50-100 trucks myself with no help. I have tried talking with the managers to see if they would hire more people but they told me to deal with it. I just don't think that is fair when I come to work every night and show up on time.
Its a boys world.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 16, 2013
Cons: everything
It a boys world. They dont let outsiders in. They try to run yo.u off
Ben E Keith is a good company
Route Assistant (Current Employee), DallasApril 29, 2013
The work is very hard. You will work a min. of 50hrs per week. for the most part your co-workers are great to work with. Management is hit or miss.
The work environment was productive and I enjoyed when we would have casino night.
Mechanic (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not a safe environment.
A typical day was good. I learned how to drive a standard semi truck a little better. I enjoyed the work environment and the head boss made the day go by easier.
Great company
Marketing and Sales to the GM -Dallas / FT (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2012
I enjoyed my time here but it was at the beginning of my sales career and I wash't making very much money for the work I and hours I put in. It is a great organization and great people.
Fast pase, long hours, competitive industry
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Abilene, TexasFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: great long term benefits
Cons: never enough employees
Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure and wear many hats at once.

About Ben E. Keith

Ben E. Keith is your bud if you like eating out and drinking brew.¬†Through its beverage division, the company¬†delivers more than – Read more

Ben E. Keith Salaries