Ben and Jerry's Employee Reviews

Great place, especially for the summer
Tourists and Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 18, 2017
Ben and Jerrys is a great place to work for people looking for a summer job or something low-key during the winter time. The company itself is superb as they are a B-corp and look to improve conditions in the world. On top of all that, you get to eat a scoop of ice cream each shift. Who would hate that?
Okay
Ice cream scooper (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 24, 2017
Awesome place to work except the owner is not great to work for. I loved everyone on the job, except for the owner. Overall, great high school job!!!!
depending on staff, shifts were fun to work eating ice cream all day!
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJuly 8, 2017
Typical work day included packing cakes, leaning flavors, backing cookies and brownies and making waffle cones while maintaining cleanliness. Working here, I learned how to take charge in a leadership role, learned how make deposits and place inventory orders. The management were great people, but tried a little too hard to make the business work. The hardest part of the job is probably working an 8-9 hour shift with no break trying to get all of the task done while there is a line out the door. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the ice cream, making people laugh and going on catering events.
Pros
Half off everything
Cons
No breaks and late hours
Easy work with great pay, but is hard to get hired in
Production, Stacker, Issues and Returns (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJune 29, 2017
Days are fast and easy. Learned quite a but from this factory. How ice cream is made and packaged, while learning more in depth analysis of some of it by working in the three sections I have been in.
Easy and relaxing job
Scooper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 29, 2017
A typical day included coming into work and ensuring all flavors are filled. Then continue to serve guest and keep the place clean at all times. Training was not the best.
Best Summer Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 14, 2017
My time here was one of my best summers. People are hardly angry when they go to get ice cream, so customers aren't super hard to deal with. Most employees are students or have recently graduated. Everyone usually has a sense of humor, which helps the shifts go by quickly.
Pros
free menu item per shift
Cons
you'll be covered in ice cream
Busy
Cashier/Food Server (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTMarch 16, 2017
Very busy and fast paced due to the casino. Expect long lines. Not too hard of a job but at times physically demanding. Expect carpal tunnel due to scooping hard ice cream
I mean it's Ben and Jerry's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, VTMarch 16, 2017
It is a very fun environment to work in. There are many great co-workers and you re allowed to take home three free pints of Ice cream per shift! Awesome place to work at.
Fun Environment & Great Company
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 3, 2017
Ben & Jerry's is a highly reputable company that stands by what they believe in. I love thier work ethic and the fun environment. They believe strongly in their three part mission statement and is always trying to leave a positive impact on the world. When I applied for a job at ben and jerry's it was meant to be a summer job. Ten years later and I'm still with this amazing company.
Fun, Fast-Paced workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 10, 2017
As Ben and Jerry's scoop shops are a franchise, and each shop is individually owned, I cannot say that all shops are the same, but the shop at which I worked was a fun, friendly environment. The shop owner was flexible with the schedules of the both high-school and college students that were employed there, and was always more than generous with us. I loved my time there.
okay place to work, for second job not full time
Scooper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ Borgata CasinoDecember 15, 2016
Coworkers was awesome management suck. Love meeting new people from all over the world. Management is sneaky behind your back. Talk about other people business. Management steal money out register so scoopers can be short. One minute you can have 5 days next minute you got 2 soon as they have a new hire.Stay away from Ben & Jerry's at the Borgata.
Pros
9 dollars for scooping ice cream
Cons
getting stuck to run the store without break!
great way to learn the road ! great company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 12, 2016
experience was great . the co workers we cool , in for most the job was fair. load and unloading the truck & meeting new people . the pay was off the books at the moment i was working though . about 100$ a day . Overall , i appreciate the opportunity with the company .
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJuly 20, 2016
I am a cake decorator for Ben and Jerrys. I have worked there for the past few years and enjoy what I do and the people I work with.
Fun
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 13, 2016
This was my first job and although it got busy at times it was great! I loved everyone of my coworkers as they made each and every day worth working. Great first job.
Great work environment with friendly people.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 17, 2016
Ben and Jerry's was a very positive and energy filled experience. A day at work usually ran pretty smooth and I learned a lot about a fast paced environment and managing everything around me. The best part of this job was the friendly environment and the hardest part was working in such a small space.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not much ability to move up in the company
Great Place!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, VTApril 20, 2016
Ben and Jerry's is a great place to work at. Always fun and enjoyable. You meet many people from all around the world. My job was to restock floors, customer service and running the register. The hardest part of my job where the calories.
Pros
3 Free pints a shift.
Cons
Usually temporary summer job, calories
Great experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 18, 2016
Great place to work! I would enjoy working there again. Hopefully someday this will happen soon. They treat their employees really well.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Slow in the winter
best job ever
shift leader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 9, 2016
I loved everything about this job. from my boss all the way down to the trains. friendly, happy, funny, lovable people. who doesn't like ice cream? it was a great and awesome job. will go backany day.
Fun and creative work environment
Shift Leader, Customer Service, and Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at the shop would be manipulated by the season. The colder seasons were extremely slow. In the warmer seasons, work is very fast paced where you work with many people at your side and have many customers to please. Time management was very important, balancing customer service at the front and creating customized cake orders in the back. I learned how to host birthday parties for children, catering to their parents needs as well as their own. Being granted the position of shift leader forced me to learn many management skills, learning how to be completely accountable for my work and the work of my team. The most difficult part of the position was learning how to communicate with a supervisor who disliked direct communication, rather using written messages to transfer information, criticism, or opinions. This gave me the opportunity to communicate in ways I was not used to. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the environment that was conducted by the staff and the work itself. I enjoy working with people, and the opportunity to put my creative mind to work.
Pros
Freely decorating cakes, the ability to contribute ideas
Cons
The winter season means extremely slow business with little to perform.
Do. Not. Work. At. This. Location.
Scooper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2015
I love Ben and Jerry's so much, but the location I worked at was not properly managed AT ALL. A typical day was scooping ice cream, making shakes, smoothies, sundaes, checking out customers, then cleaning up at the end of the day. My co-workers were the best part of the job and were always fun to work with. Minimum wage with tips was nice for part-time. The only problem with this location is the management. If you want to be the one to take the heat for the small amount of ice cream you are instructed to give out at insanely high prices- work here. The hardest part of the job is when there aren't enough people to work that shift and you have to work a weekend shift BY YOURSELF. Lines out the door BY YOURSELF. Sweating and running back and forth, back and forth, BY YOURSELF. Easily it is a three to four people job you have to accomplish by yourself. Then add another hour onto that for closing duties which you have to do all by yourself. They will also change your schedule very last minute so you have a surprise shift the next day for a day you might have specifically asked off. You wanna listen to the same old 60 tracks for however long you work there? It doesn't sound like it's a big deal but believe me, it becomes the worst thing after time. Do you want to not know when your next paycheck is coming in? Work here. Do you want your paychecks to sometimes be miscalculated, resulting in LOST HOURS? Work here! There's no employee discount so if you love looking at expensive ice-cream all day and not be allowed to eat any of it (even sample it!), work here. So many other cons I could  more... add to the list, but I'm worried my fingers might fall off from typing too hard, too fast, and too much. Save yourself from working here and don't apply. At this point, I'm begging you not to. I will never step foot into that dumpster of an establishment again.  less
Pros
tips, flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks, no employee discount, very last minute schedule changes, very dirty location in constant need of repairs, the management is the worst in the entire world