Bench Craft Company Employee Reviews

How terrible this company is
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2017
This place is a complete joke. People would lie and tell clients they would be placed on different courses just to get a deal. I worked in Tampa and that place was a complete waste of life. A few good salesman but management (lack there of) was no help at all. I was there and saw this company go through 25 people in a matter of 6 weeks. Upper management runs the show and there is no room for mistakes. If you don't hit a deal back to back days say goodbye. STAY AWAY from this company!!!!
Cons
Good money but bad business model
Sales/ Project manager (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 13, 2017
Great co workers, great money but..... any moment you will lose your job. They set up the new people for failure. Once you get over the set up for failure curve you have some sort of job security. Don't leave your steady job to come to this job.
Pros
Good money, great atmosphere
Cons
you work there from a week to a month and expect to get a call from corporate saying your fired.
challenging
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 18, 2017
im proud being a part of that company because that company have the great management i work for very responsible for their workers and a lot if benefits
Pros
Cons
breaks
Inside Sales office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 13, 2017
Fantastic compensation, however as an hourly employee even if you stay past 5 or come in early to do work, you DO NOT get paid for it. Management is rough seen as how its based from out of state.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Absolutely no overtime or compensation for extra hours worked
Stressful work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 26, 2017
Very stressful work place.
Very demanding and must sell on a daily basis.
Management was good but Higher up is where the heat
came from. Verbally and mentally.
Pros
Great pay when you sell
Cons
Long hours, Must produce
High Pressure
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMay 17, 2017
Good job if you're good under pressure and can truly sell. If you can't sell don't expect to stay long. Money was good got daily spiffs and i could sell so it was a good job just high pressure.
Pros
Spiffs
Cons
High pressure
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 9, 2017
I worked in sales at Bench craft. Over all, this is a good job if your able to sell. If not, they'll tell you quickly that it will not work.
Positives: starting pay is good and you get money for each sale you do. Once you hit 'your number' for the month, you get a bonus check and usualyl a raise. Management is approachable and hands-on in the sales department. Bench craft has a fun atmosphere and theres a lot of joking around between deals.
Bad: If the number hasn't been hit you have to stay late to try to get to it. Not unusual in sales, but they advertise it as no overtime. Sometimes there is overtime but also sometimes you get out early so it balances out. Job security isnt great if you cant sell. But if you can sell you will stay around and make good money.
Pros
High pay, fun enivornment, fun co workers
Cons
High pressure
Great company, good pay and perks!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2017
I had absolutely no sales experience before I started working here. I was honest in the interview and told the recruiter that all my experience was in the construction field. He assured me that their paid training program would help me hone my skills as long as I brought my personality and work ethic. I have only worked here for a couple months but have already hit my first sales goal which produced me a HUGE raise and all the daily cash I got too! The other reviews must be people who couldn't sell with the wrong attitude. I'm writing this in particular because this is a great company to work and would highly recommend working here if you want to make good money and have career growth potential.
Pros
Pay, cash incentives, cash contests, free box suites at the Moda, set schedule M-F
Fast paced and rewarding sales job
former sales rep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 9, 2017
I would highly recommend this position who enjoys the thrill of a fast paced sale and likes working for a company that is well-established and who helps more than 50,000 small businesses grow and get more exposure. The company has a great pay structure where one can really control their own income. The free box suites at the Moda center along with company sponsored events are nice perks too. The cash daily incentives are also a nice daily motivator!!!
Pros
Company culture, great pay, room for growth, set hours
Cons
pressure just like any other sales position
High turnover, strict management, lack of personal care, quick income
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 28, 2017
Will experience high turnover, and short time to prove yourself

Management cares about money only and not about the customers or employees

Do not expect responsible time off or to take care of health problems

Ability to earn quick income and fast if cut out for the job and can preform.
Complete scam
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 29, 2016
This company lies to customers.
Lies to employees. Do not go to work or do any business with this company ever. They sale advertising on scorecards. I heard salesman tell potential clients the opportunity to get in front of 200k people a year. Not possible.
I out sold all of there veteran salesman in my first 6 days and got let go cause the company doesn't know how to sell.
Stay away from this place
Pros
Cons
No security
great environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 19, 2016
Work hard play harder mentality, as a sales rep you are in charge of building sales leads and make sure to capitalize on a sales opportunity.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work holidays
Do NOT take this job!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 4, 2016
Absolute joke! They care nothing about their employees! I have over 15 years of sales experience and took a chance with this position. Bench Craft wins the "worst company I have ever worked for" award!!!!
This is a horrible job..
cold call sales (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 19, 2016
You basically cold call small businesses in a town near a golf course for advertising on bench craft products. As a new sales person you are going to get left over lists that the top sales people gave up on... This place could give two turds about you.. This place is 100 percent about making money... This is by far the worst job I have ever had. They fire people daily for not making sales. If you quit .. Believe me they are not looking to pay you. I would not in a million years recommend this place..
Pros
non I saw
Cons
to many to list
Competitive inside sales environment.
Project Coordinator, Sales (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 9, 2015
I Took this position based on the advice of the Head of the Marketing department at UTA. He thought I should get out of my element as a service industry Personality to try inside sales believing I may have to start there after graduation. The Position consisted of cold calling to sell golf course advertising over the phone. I had never experienced having to gain of a gatekeeper in order to gain the trust of a decision maker over the phone. I was a little surprised to discover how easily and successful I was and in such a quick period of time. I believe it was because of the thousands of times that I had to adapt to different personalities over the years of the service industry. I was very successful but later learn that the company was dishonest and lagged on their promises to clients. I was glad that I took the position for a short while I just wish it had been with a different company.
Unethical Sales Team
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 8, 2015
The training was minimal. If you can sell, you are likely to have success. However, the people that I saw having the most success would promise exclusivity to clients with no intention of maintaining exclusivity. The CEO prides himself on giving second chances to ex-cons and those down on their luck, but he has little oversight or maybe just does not care about the unethical practices of his sales team.
Pros
good bonuses and daily spiffs
Cons
Lack of ethical integrity
Entry level sales position
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 14, 2014
I was employed for an entry level / cold calling sales experience. Not favorable working conditions. I would not recommend someone to this company for employment
Official response from Bench Craft Company
September 3, 2015

Hi there,
Thank you for your review.
Cold calling sales is a hard position and we understand that not everyone enjoys it. We appreciate you giving it a chance with us and wish you the best of luck going forward.

Fun and friendly group of talented artists
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 1, 2014
The art department at Bench Craft is all about fast turn around. Course guides, my area of work, are completed typically within three days time. The work is fun and always interesting.
Sweat factory experience
Marketing Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORJuly 30, 2014
A typical day at Bench craft includes no one talking to you. You pick up your assignment, go to your cubicle in the back corner of the office, and work, work, work. You are NOT allowed to make too much noise, or listen to music. Management is poor. There attitude is, "What can you do for me." Co-Workers don't say much, they stare at there computer screens all day. It is not a fun, exciting environment. Hardest part of the job is getting through the day. Graphic design is supposed to fun and creative. This place is the opposite.
Pros
Cons
rate of pay is horrible, and they play games
no job security
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 15, 2014
get fired for not having a sale for only 2 days. your job is never secure
Cons
get fired for not having a sale for only 2 days. your job is never secure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bench Craft Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8