Benchmark Brands Employee Reviews

A+ Call Center Experience
Call Center Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 26, 2017
Answering calls and talking with multiple people a day while helping them to find products to improve their lives was enjoyable. Management was always willing to help with any problems or questions while stressing professionalism and courtesy. The hardest part of the job was limiting the amount of time on the phone per customers as some were hard of hearing or didn't know exactly what they wanted.
Pros
Inclusive and fun work environment.
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work for .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2017
Great company to start off to gain experience as a customer service rep. Really hate that the company has closed down . Enjoyed the atmosphere. Very fast paced not ever a dull moment.
Company was foreclosed upon.
Studio Producer, Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed the staff and the challenges of working there. I worked for 2 years with ever increasing responsibilities and finally was noticed and promoted.
The company however, is no longer in existence.
Pros
I could create my own destiny.
Cons
Takes a long time to be noticed.
Benchmark Brands Review
Sr. Returns Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 9, 2016
Benchmark was a good place to work for many years.
We were allowed to learn from others,on the job training as well as outside training. The days were spent in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
No controled air in the summer
Loved the management team
Ga. Customer Service Rep. Call Center (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 14, 2016
Management team was awesome. They interacted with their employees they knew each and everyone of of us . They addressed our concerns no matter how small and if they were small they would let us see how we can see it in a different way without making us feel dumb.
Pros
Always making us feel important
Cons
The pay
Productive and Exciting place to work
FBA/ RTV Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2016
Eager to learn new skills each day, management very compassionate to help you reach your highest potential without failure. However the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to give relief to our valued customer base (seniors) great relief through our footwear.
Pros
Promotions within, benefits also bonuses
Cons
Morale after learning of the company selling assets
Company closed
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2016
Company got bought out and everyone was let go with no warning, no severance, no unused vacation pay, and not even a whole final check.
Out Of Business
Senior Director, Call Center (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2016
A collection of the best talent that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of their control, the business floundered and could not right itself in spite of the tremendous efforts of the team.
A key lesson from this experience is to listen to the experts that are on your team.
After being loyal to this company for 10 years, the company closed and I was not even given a severance or paid for my vacation
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2016
The company was a good company to work for until about 4 yrs ago. Times got tough and the company started to cut back on a lot of things as well and they moved from Norcross to Midtown so my drive was horrible.
Great Work Environment
Email Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2016
Great group of people to work with across all departments. Great pay and flexbile hours. Offer summer hours where you would work 9 hours Mon-Thurs and 4 hours on Friday.
Productive fun place to work
Manager - Demand Planning (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2016
Due to the Sr. Director every day was a up beat fun place to work. The work was moderate, but having clear directives and support made getting things done easy. The fun came from his personality and engagement with the team. There wasn't a dull day in the office.
Pros
Free lunch Wednesdays and work life balance
Cons
Not having a sales plan or Sales target to be measured by metrics
Welcome to a World of Smart Comfort
Senior Manager, Merchandising Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2016
Benchmark Brands is an integrated direct-to-consumer retailer and product development company dedicated to serving the lifestyle and healthcare needs of baby boomers and seniors. Since 1989, the Company has been focused on providing smarter, better products that keep our customers moving in comfort.
management is poor
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 23, 2015
Ive worked for BMB for 11 years now. at first it was an ideal jobs management was on point salary was decent and hours were steady.

within the last 5 years ive seen this company go down due to lack of management, layoffs and unsteady work hours.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks, unsteady hours, managemetn and job description
Productive, fun, friendly workplace!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 23, 2015
Happy employees results in the eagerness to perform well. This is exactly what this company strived in. The company created a fun, friendly environment that had incentives for its employees. In hand, this provided motivation for employees to be productive and want to deliver their best.
Company lacking growth & high turnovers
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2014
This company is not for a manager on a growth path; lots of turnover with salaried and hourly associates.Turnover is very high. Privately held company unfair management practices. Employees are often treated unfair. Senior management chosen to run this company has very little experience in running an organization.
Cons
high turnovers
Serious hardworking company with teamwork work ethics
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2014
I enjoyed working at Benchmark Brands. I took on many projects and learned a lot of new aspects of the Human Resource field. It is a fun teamwork environment that works very hard to get the job done.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 27, 2014
very wonderful company that cares about the welfare of its employees and their customers. Very professional environment
Fun and relaxed work environment.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 3, 2014
High volume call center. Assisted customers with lower health product information. Suggested products to customers suitable to their needs. My co-workers were easy to get along with and very friendly. Hardest part of the job was getting used to ever changing sales a promotions every week. I enjoyed the culture there. The company always awarded us with lunch every other Thursday to show appreciation for our hard work.
A great place to earn a decent income
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 22, 2014
I liked working here because you would have the motivation to sell because the commission structure was fantastic. I also liked the fact that you could work as much as twenty hours of overtime if needed.
Pros
Long breaks, cheap vending machine prices
Cons
Management was not always as supportive to their teams as they could have been.
I wouldn't recommend Benchmark Brands to anyone!
coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 5, 2014
You will make some great friends and network connections at Benchmark which is good becuase no one lasts very long.

Sr. Managment is constantly changing due to the CEO's inability to allow the people he put in place to run his company do so.

The worker bees who actually do ALL the work get dumped and thrown under the bus by managment just to save their own jobs. And when things are good, managment takes all the credit leaving out those who got them to where they are.
Pros
Good friends and networking
Cons
Inexperienced managment and overbearing CEO