Benchmark Electronics, Inc Employee Reviews

good place to work, not too competitive.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 10, 2017
A good friendly environment with good management. Did have overtime opportunities but current conditions forced the company to have a company wide layoff.
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
Company layoff
fast paced diversified cultures strong knowledge of product
Associate Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 30, 2017
lots of valuable information and experience with the opportunity to learn and continue to improve/harness your skill set. Great group of individuals help to make the work enjoyable.
Fast paced, fun, educational, great people to work with.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 29, 2017
I enjoyed my almost 13 years with Benchmark. I learned lots of new things and figured out I cannot solder. I met great people and some people who I did not really get along with but the work environment made even that possible.
Pros
Friday's off, paid holidays and vacations
Cons
10 hour work days
Tough Contract mfg business
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 28, 2017
A contract mfg business that's a high pace, somewhat stressful environment. With the great group of Team Leaders I had, it made the job manageable.
Good communication within my production group, but outside groups such as Engineering or Quality, not so much.
I did work well with my peers.
Pros
Great group of peers I had to work with
Cons
Scheduling of work load not balanced.
It's a good placce to work
SMT Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 23, 2017
Is a good place to work and learn a new opportunities and the employee and friendly easy to with with, But the place is slow and they're going to lay off a lot people.
Fast-Paced competitive electronics company with some perks
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXAugust 22, 2017
Too many lay-offs; Lack of good management. What I liked most about my job was learning the ins and outs of Quality Control and working closely with the managers in order to apply what I knew with the new hires.
unorganized, and the favorites are the only ones advancing, however does have insurance, benefits, paid time offe
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXAugust 10, 2017
I believe it is a good place for short term employees just entering the field, because you can accrue job skills in several areas. although, it is usually confusing for new hires as you don't always know where you are working from day to day. There is a lot of tension for long term employees, as it is very hard to advance. It is unorganized and that can be stressful. There is too much focus on people's issues, while a handful do all the work. However, If you are willing to work wherever needed, you have a chance of getting overtime hours, and learning many skills that can help in your future endeavors.
Pros
global company, insurance and 401k plans, paid time off, employee help lines, participates in activities to help community
Cons
work hard, do not get appreciated, if you have an idea for improvement, it will never be heard
Inspector
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 31, 2017
Doesn't pay employees enough. Always have lay offs. Never get a heads up when changes are about to happen but then what company does give you a heads up.
not a good job
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 25, 2017
Easy job, not a good work environment. no team. lazy supervisors, learned a lot, worked at this company for 2 years as a temp and was never hired on by company. no benefits.
Company has changed
Manager (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 20, 2017
Been here a number of years. Culture has shifted to being more political and the current changes have many people questioning what is going on. Work environment is definitely for the companies benefit with benefits less than some companies.
great place to work
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 24, 2017
my experience at benchmark was good. the people there were kind. facilities was great. offering pool tables ping pong tables two messages chairs. work hours were great.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
not knowing how long they will keep you as a temp. at risk of lay off in production is slow
Too many chiefs not enough indians
Material handler, packer, assembly (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 22, 2017
I worked there for four months as a temp and it was terrible. Favoritism was rampant. There was no accountability in management. They would just play the blame game amongst each other. They would also put most of the workload on the temps to make sure their buddies did as little as possible. Definitely wouldn't recommend this job.
Pros
Pretty easy job
Cons
Favoritism, inconsistent work, never keep parts in stock, terrible management
Not recommended .
Tech 11 (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAMarch 11, 2017
If you like slavery then this is perfect place to work . They are not treated employee good. Worse ever . Do not expect any rise from them . Not friendly .
Pros
Tech II
flexible schedule, good people
Change Analyst (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 10, 2017
this was a typical manufacturing facility for Agilent products. I had access to the people I needed to talk to and confirm/clarify questions I had about the Bills of Material I was working on
Good environment place to work at
SMT Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 7, 2017
I enjoy going to work doing my job and getting machines setup to run guality work down the line monitored the operation of the equipmentand to identify defects and scrap.
Very judgemental company
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNFebruary 6, 2017
Will not hire you unless you're either a college student (doesn't matter what degree youre pursuing) or at lease 10 years of machine operator experience. And yet they are hurting for help.
Very bad management
CNC Machinist Setup/Operator level 2-3 (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Untrustworthy management. They will tell you than you can be hired after 6 months if you preforming good and have good attendance but it's all lies. They will use you and abuse you until you figure out that no contractors get full time position there. I did everything they asked me and I heard great job over and over and over but you will be there as long as they can keep you as a temp/contractor for 3 years even more and no benefits and holidays are not paid as a matter of fact they will come up to you asking you to work on major holidays and if you say I would like to spend time with my family , they will respond: it's up to you if you want to work or not but it can effect your hire. Straight to your face with no shame. I worked there for a year and a half and I even showed up on holidays to keep them happy but in the end they get what they want and you still remain as a temp
Pros
really just nothing but dishonest employees and management
Cons
No health care or anything the promise
Bechmark started a good job, but soon went down hill
Production Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 1, 2017
Excessive Mandatory Overtime
Low Pay
poor company culture
lack of work direction from management
over-all it was a nice place to work but it was the choices made by management that made it hard to work there.
Productive Enviroment
Import/Export Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 24, 2017
Management was across four different facilities in two states and one country. I learned a great deal and they really promoted education so I was able to complete one degree.
okay to work for
Production Technician II (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 23, 2017
okay to work for long hours but good workers need more help from management in efforts to improve productivity and quality living and pay for all workers