Benchmark Electronics

Benchmark Electronics Employee Reviews

Good company to work for but closed plant and moved to Mexico.
Facilities Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2015
Learned skills throughout my career, managed chemical room, regulatory compliance, equipment preventive and building maintenance.
Benchmark Electronics
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 14, 2015
Benchmark Electronics is a fairly large company that deals with NPI products that are mostly circuit boards. It is a good place to work and a good environment.
Productive and enjoyable
o Assembly Specialist III (Former Employee), tempe , azMay 11, 2015
Pros: Learning something new everyday
I come to work and build PC boards. My boss is very nice to all the employees, and whenever it was required he would always help me. My co-workers were very friendly we developed a good relationship with one another.
I was there at the start up and the closing of the company
Materials analyst/operations specialist (Former Employee), Materials Analyst/Operations SpecialistApril 29, 2015
Reconcile inventory discrepancies, conduct daily cycle counts, run reports for management, attend daily meetings, test company software and report any issues to management, ensure process compliance throughout the company

Hardest part of the job- trying to keep up with all that I needed to do in order to meet the demands of my job, short handed.

Most enjoyable- helping the company succeed by ensuring transactions were done correctly
I really did like working here.
Associate Engineer (Former Employee), Hudson, NHApril 27, 2015
I really did like working here and if the Pulaski TN facility had not closed down I would think that I would still be there. This is where I got my love for troubleshooting electronics and test sets. I loved the the fast pace and the almost overwhelming work load in the Test Engineering Department.
Okay
Import/Export Administrator (Current Employee), Winona, MNApril 17, 2015
Okay needs to work togther as team more. Each area is only concerned about themselves. If a process needs to be improved no one will take control to change it or even willing to look at it. They would rather keep the norm, and over pay, waste cost than improve.
Program Manager
Program Manager (Former Employee), Dunseith, NDApril 6, 2015
Pros: Bennefits
Cons: Management micro manage
Good company, however location was not great. Work load was overwhelming was hard to find good help that would stay and work. Management had no choice, but to off load the work onto current employers.
Best company and job i very much enjoyed as well as the employees!
Production Planner/Buyer (Former Employee), Concord, CaliforniaMarch 18, 2015
Best company and job i very much enjoyed as well as the employees!
If i had not moved to N.C. i am sure i would still be there!
and would go back if opportunity was offered again.
...
New Product Introduction Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Rancho CordovaMarch 15, 2015
Aerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet okAerojet ok
Large manufacturing floor that can keep you busy so the day flys by.
Quality Engineer III, CIT (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: you can set your hours as long as the mfg floor is covered
Cons: can be long hours with covering many job functions due to resources
I start at looking and answering e-mails. Then setting up what needs to get done for the day. Check on Receiving Inspection for any items that they need help with. Check on the new assembly being run on 1 of the SMT lines and start the qualification of the line for that assembly.
Then check on 2nd operations and final quality inspection.
Next would be checking documentation for any folders that need signed off so the floor has more work.
The next stop would be the box build lines to make sure everything is going well and see who needs help before getting back to the computer to start on reports and charts.
Enjoyable workplace
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee), Angleton, TXJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work was customer service and maintaining customer accounts. Benchmark Electronics taught trained me to be a documentation clerk. I learned to maintain my own accounts and make changes to customer documents per their request. Management was great and co workers were amazing. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone worked as a team. It was a great learning experience.
productive
Machine Operator 2 (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: poor management
They are a company that manufactures products for military and medical companies. They could improve by communicating better with the people on the floor.
no games
Data processor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 11, 2014
good.
I have learned a lot bout different parts and machines.
no problem with management.
co-workers are nice.
no hard job at all.
all day.
Not enough help.
Assembler (Former Employee), Rochester, MNDecember 11, 2014
This is a good company to work for. Good benefits. Really no where to advance. Raises are really small. Good people work there. Need to improve management skills.
Loved it!
Logistics Team Lead (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 10, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: pay
Great working environment and great people! Would love to be working there again. Some overtime but not too often and you are able to spend time with your family. I learned a lot while I was there and most of that was the Transportation and Logistics.
Good entry level Job
Intern (Former Employee), Nashua, NHDecember 3, 2014
A very encouraging work environment, with many different learning opportunity. I learned a lot about what goes on in a typical company, including everyone's part in helping a company succeed.
Productive Ongoing Work
Operation Testing Tech (Current Employee), Angleton, TXNovember 30, 2014
Overall an excellent company to work for. They will work around your schedule and are very nice. Benefits are not the greatest but they do help out.
Benchmark
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Nashua, NHNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great work envirorment
Cons: lots of customer changes to scheduling
Being a buyer at a CM is an exciting and fast paced job. a typical work day includes placing po's, expediting and negotiating pricing with suppliers and manufactures. Also involves a lot of can build reports for the planning teams. Management is very good and very focused on both the short terms and long term company goals and directions. My co workers were some of the best folks I ever had the pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job could be reacting to the multiple customer requirement changes that were put in on a daily bases, The best part of the job was creating positive dollar cost buys by second sourcing and negotiating with suppliers.
It a good company for.
Senior Repair/Prototype Specialist (Former Employee), Hudson, NHNovember 17, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: i have no problem.
Assembled prototypes.
• Use of microscope and optical comparator.
• Performed fine-pitch, surface-mount, thru-hole soldering, connectors and point to point wire assembly and soldering
• Used High and low temperature iron and carbon processes.
• Operated pad repair and x-ray machine, BGA repair, press-fit machines.
• Certified for batch cleaner machine IPC 7711/7721 and IPC -A- 610.
• Performed Engineering ECO and SMT ECO.
Benchmark
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2014
Pros: large, world-wide company
Cons: poor communication from upper managment
I was formerly with Suntron Corp., which was bought out by Benchmark Electronics. Lack of communication from upper management and political maneuvering seem to be the norm for Benchmark. I am looking for a new position because they are now closing the Phoenix site.

1 2 3 4