Benchmark Electronics Employee Reviews

Perfection
Test Technician I (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TX 77515November 14, 2017
I like working there. we are all like a family and good team work and effort all together with no differences no matter what race are you. it fair pay as well
Pros
free Popcorns
Cons
short breaks
Long Shifts
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 14, 2017
Benchmark was a decent company to work for when I was younger. The 5 to 5 shifts were brutal. Management did not shy away from giving hard workers to grow.
job was to far to comute
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 13, 2017
people were nice very fast paced job not enough family time would have to work a lot of weekends management was fair hardest part of job was being under staffed
Fast-paced work culture
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXNovember 12, 2017
Unstable work culture, Low salary, Micro managed and over worked
The pay is on the lower end of the industry and not much opportunity for professional advancement within the company unless you stay with the company for years
Slow progress
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TX 77515October 17, 2017
I had a experienced a slow process in temp to Benchmark Employee. and had no raise in a long time. in four years. and no advance in title or progressing it
Corp management is not engaged
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAOctober 16, 2017
This location has changed hands three times in the last 5 years. This type of CM business is extremely price and schedule driven, and when understaffed will never be able to drive the process control required for world class Quality.
Not enough qualified candidate's being hired and job training is poor.
Pros
Work is involved with high profile A&D customers and cutting edge technologies
Cons
understaffed
productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 5, 2017
its was a productive and fun work culture. coworkers were good and hard working people. management was good, the job is easy and not hard, the smt machines keep us busy.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2017
I loved this job. Great place and people to work with. The only reason not still working there is that they move to a different state. Good management. lot of work to do.
Pros
was very busy
Cons
moved to a different state
Not a great place
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  TempeSeptember 25, 2017
I have been with the company as a temp for so long already when i first started it was great. I work 50 hours Monday thru Friday and Saturday anywhere from 4 to 10 hurs i do so much, but i feel like im not appreciated.
Good company with good benefits
Robotics Tech/Smt Setup and Teardown (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 19, 2017
Overall a good company to work for, pay was fair, and people where great to work with. The 4 10 hour days was also a nice work week, left plenty of time to work over time. The building was very nice which made for a great atmosphere. All in all I found it a great work experience.
Pros
Four ten hour days with fri off.
Cons
Inconsistent work load

Want to know more about Benchmark Electronics?

Ask a question
Production-Line work with minimal flexibility
Test Operator (Current Employee) –  3535 Technology Dr NW, Rochester MNSeptember 11, 2017
Benchmark Electronics is a company that accomplishes many things for many clients regarding technology. We make test and distribute back to the clients a variety of things such as military tech, medical advanced machinery, and household security.
It felt like rewarding work, but having managers breathing down our backs, not allowing us to talk even when we are ahead of schedule as well as having required overtime every other weekend, just gets tiring, leaving many to feel under-appreciated and devalued as members of the company.
Pros
Set weekly hours, rewarding work, multiple breaks
Cons
Tiring, stressful, and minimal to no flexibility on hours
Benchmark
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 4, 2017
I worked at Benchmark for almost 25 years I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with , was paid fairly and appreciated my supervisor.
worked load changed and was laid off . I learned a lot of different skills , from the machine operations, and handload, touchup, and some assembly , interaction with coworkers and supervision and management was excellent. I really enjoyed my job.
Pros
Continually learning daily
Cons
job ended
Great employer !! 27 years I have already been there .
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNSeptember 4, 2017
Working independently as well as being part of a team atmosphere has been the rewarding part of my past 27 years. Management is great and opportunities for advancement is communicated often and Tuition reimbursement is offered and appreciated! Co-workers make it a great place to work and are always there to offer a hand when experiencing hard times that happen in real life. It's nice to enjoy coming to work knowing you are part of the bigger picture of company success . Appreciate that management recognizes your part in the success of the company.
stay busy
Manufacturing Engineer Technician III (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 27, 2017
Learn something new each day. Stay busy with 8 programs. I was given other task that others was given cause others set on them and then the tasks was taken from them and given to me. I got it done. They made more then I.
Pros
could go in at 7 or 8 long as I got everything kept up.
Cons
Bigger work load they others that was doing the same job.
I love this place!
Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXAugust 9, 2017
I love working at Benchmark. The people are fantastic, my managers are amazing, and the environment is the best I've experienced in many years. It's a great opportunity for those folks not wanting to commute to Houston or work in a plant.
Pros
Flexibility, location, benefits, atmosphere
The building is in a nice location
Expeditor II (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 8, 2017
I miss my coworkers and a nice place to work at. Because I moved to Florida was the reason why I left Benchmark. I do miss it. I was hoping I could work from home would have been great.
Pros
8 hrs a day
good place
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 8, 2017
good place to work, pay and benefits were good, hard work but rewarding, dealing with customers was sometimes stressful and their demands were hard to deal with a lot of times.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
some bad managers
Good place to gain experience and move to better paying companies
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXAugust 6, 2017
You are promised promotions and advancements from upper management, but no follow through. The company seems to look outside for positions that come available when advancement opportunities open up for the most part. Good work atmosphere and work flow with fellow workers which will be missed greatly.
Pros
Some what stable because of location no competition
Cons
No follow through from upper management with promotions
Purchasing Manager fun to work with
Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 20, 2017
1. Typical day was emails, shortages, buys, expedites,
2. Learned different commodities
3. Culture language sometimes a problem with communication.
Enjoyable interaction daily
Pros
8 hour day
Cons
friendly environment
Different challenges daily
Internal Auditor/Quality System Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 6, 2017
My day started out talking to my boss to see where she wanted me to work for the day. I used to do assembly inspection, receiving inspection, document control processing, and Internal Audits. My main job was Internal Audits.
Pros
close to home
Cons
overtime with little notice