Benchmark Electronics Employee Reviews

Logistics Team Leader/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 15, 2017
Benchmark was an extremely great place to work. I had 28 years with the company. Supervisors, employees and office staff was always helpful. I was laid off because my section of the company was closed.
Productive and nice workplace and nice co-worker.
Logistics Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Productive and nice workplace and nice co-worker. it was good company. They have good benefit and health pogrom. But the management was bad and difficult. Work more than 15 hours a day and work 7 day a week.
Well established company with a good process
Program Manager II (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NHJanuary 18, 2017
Good company. Great people with a good company directive to achieve contract manufacturing goals. Customer satisfaction was a big part of the companies success.
Great people to work with
Methods Technician II (Technical Writer) (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 13, 2016
This is my second time working with Benchmark. Would have loved to retire from here but the Huntsville Plant is having a reduction in force. This is my second time working with Benchmark. I had a great supervisor.
Pros
The people here are great, an extended family for sure.
Cons
I don't carry the insurance but from what i hear the Insurance is high.
it was fun , people were great .
Class 1, 2, 3 Assembler (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 17, 2016
busy all day time flew buy.
co-workers very helpful
learned new things every day about the product .
management very helpful.
pay was great $19.00 an hr.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Rewarding work / not rewarding compensation
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNNovember 15, 2016
I troubleshoot OEM medical equipment if it fails during the production process. The work is challenging, for every piece of equipment has it's own semi unique issues. The work is also rewarding to know that I am verifying that life saving/sustaining equipment is getting distributed at the best quality that I can provide.
However, the ability to advance is greatly hindered by corporate policies, and compensation must be given on a bell curve, of which people who excel are granted merit increases on the same level as their piers who struggle to comprehend.
Pros
Quality Medical Product that provides challenging trouble shooting.
Cons
Limited Compensation for work assigned.
Productive, fun workplace, flexibility in shcedules and advancement opportunities.
Logistics Team Leader II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 10, 2016
My typical day involved working and interacting with the production, managers, buyers and Program Manager.
I never got bored as there was always something new to learn. Quarter-end was challenging as everyone was expected to push sales to make the numbers..
Most enjoyable was interacting with my co-workers on a daily basis.
Pros
The people I work with are amazing and wonderful people
Cons
healtcare expensive, Opportunity limitations
Manufacturing Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 5, 2016
I loved working for this company. I learned so much about being an Engineer. Benchmark is a small company so I learned more than just manufacturing engineering. I got to experience the many aspects such as quality.
Assembler
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2016
At the very beginning, the job was really great. Over time, the culture and moral has dropped tremendously and lack of leadership is hindering progress. My production supervisor is the reason i stayed at this job.
Pros
Coworkers and locations
Cons
Management and Culture
Stressful with Little Recognition!
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 7, 2016
If you enjoy being treated with disrespect and overburden with work with no clear direction, then this is place to be! You'll be thrown in the chaotic work and expect to survive.

Management on a whole is OK but that doesn't mean they'll accompany you with your tasks. IF needed, they won't hesitate to yell at you to get the job done (or complain to your manager). If you don't enjoy working with your manager then you're out of luck. Written warnings are given and if you accumulate 3 "Write-Ups", your OUT. Besides that, you'll work for your manager and ANY other manager that delegates work to you through your manager as delegating work is very popular in the Concord site. Plus you'll be attending countless meetings that are almost worthless.

Lastly, there are countless shifting priorities and no set schedule. You'll need to have excellent time managing skills if you are going into Engineering or into the Planning/Buyer Groups. Parts will be lost/Scrapped or out of spec and you'll need to know what to do in such situations with very strict deadlines.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Work environment that will allow me to utilize my skills and continue to grow in other business fields
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 31, 2016
I very much enjoy working at Benchmark. We are going through a re-structuring therefore I am reviewing job availability.
Flexible and decent place to work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 28, 2016
It's go go go here. It's a super busy environment with very little control. We work directly for the customer; and we supply what they need, when they need it.

The hardest part the job is the juggling many duties at once, all while trying to get the customer what they want..and most of the time they wanted it yesterday!

The most enjoyable part of the day is the coworkers. I also enjoy that my hours are somewhat flexible.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Hard to find support
A third-party contract manufacturer
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 7, 2016
Typically, a day would consist of packing customer assemblies according their preferences. A good portion of time was spent problem-solving, as most product was brought to our department with issues preventing them from being invoiced and shipped. the management knew of such issues but seemed resistant to change or address most issue. Most co-workers were friendly and understood the stress and frustration of our department, as their departments had issues which also made their jobs difficult. The hardest part was dealing with these solvable issues on a day to day basis. These conditions allowed me to learn how to think ahead, and address certain issues before they reached my department. It also allowed me to learn the importance of communication between people/departments. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I worked hard daily. It also was rewarding to me as it allowed me work at a very productive pace, while maintaining accuracy and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Nice people. Job security.
Cons
Poor communication throughout company. Workflow fluctuated greatly.
Awesome time learning different stations of electronic assembly.
SI assembler II (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJune 29, 2016
It was building electronic devices that were useful in the medical industry. To know that a device I built would greatly impact another human life made all the hard work worthwhile.
Pros
OT was available
Cons
very fast paced assembly lines at times
Its a good place to start and gain some knowledge.
Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXJune 26, 2016
Room for advancement is only for a select few. They do not give frequent raises,even for cost of living. They will try to pay you as little as possible for as long as they can.
Very Unprofessional Managers, and Unorganized
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 11, 2016
Failure to provide the proper training to do your job, then when it comes to light there you haven't had the training needed the employees/managers treat you with disrespect and unprofessionalism. Very Hostile work environment for people of different cultures.
productive and fun work place
Quality Engineering Tech III (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 3, 2016
everyday work was very productive and management team are very smart and kind.
all employees work as a team.
Quality unit working very hard in this company and customer satisfaction is the most important matter.
Demanding quarter end driven
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 1, 2016
Good management team, always give up your weekend. A lot of good people that have worked here have given most of there career and now it will end for most of them
Pros
People that work there
Cons
No securty
Quality, productive,
Assembler Tech (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 26, 2016
Build good product and provide good customer services. Good place to work, safe work environment, moderate benefits.
Days were very prodicitve as well as fast paced.
Recieving Inspector 1 (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXMay 21, 2016
My position was very fast paced as well as demanding, We had a lot of days when the production line was down, I did the inspection on distribution parts. I also did a 24 hour turn around. We were very high on making goals we set for example if we had a "hot item " we had to get it received right away. Due to the larger number of years of being in the same department I had knowledge in everything and worked under little management .
Pros
Room for advancement, employee insentives, Hours
Cons
Quality and manufacuturing issue, certan issue found that required immideate attention went unresolved due to unresponsive manower

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

Benchmark Electronics Reviews by Location