Benchmark Electronics Employee Reviews

SMT Technician Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
I love work at Bench Electronics. I learn a lot about computer components. I was responsible for setup and verification of multiple equipment and electronic components.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Short breaks
High performance facility which will only improve
Senior Quality Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Benchmark has been interesting to say the least. It is a contract manufacturer that is very fast paced and goal oriented.
I have been there eight years through good times and bad. It has molded me into the motivated quality professional I am today.
It is NOT easy to work there and the environment can be overly stressful but the focus on meeting achievements is satisfying.
Productive and Advancement place to learn.
Inspector and Assemblier (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXJanuary 10, 2016
I enjoyed the environment around the company.
I learned to become an inspector and assemblier. as an inspector learned how to inspect PCB boards if its wrong polarity,different pastor pass or fail. as an assembler learn to build different types of units putting on different wires, nuts, screws and washers.
Management was very helpful and nice to employees.
Co-workers I enjoyed working with all worked together.
Hardest job was conformal coating.
Enjoyable part of the job was able to come to work in a nice place to work and enjoying the people around you and able to get your job done in timely manner.
Great area to work
Sr PCB Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Moorpark, CANovember 13, 2015
Location, location, relocation. We are basically a contract manufacturing company with a small Engineering group for support. We do it all. Have been using Expedition, Altium, Pads and Allegro.
Employees were friendly and Team work
Material Handler (2015 - Present) (Current Employee) –  Moorpark, CASeptember 9, 2015
Employees were friendly and Team work
I did not worked very long to that company,
they lay me off, the temporary people due to slow operation
Pay fair, lack of professional grow, good people to work with
RF Technician (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 19, 2015
A typical day at work, come early morning, work eight hour, work fast and efficient. Management should take more course in interpersonal skill. However, workers were generally good to work with.
Pros
Pleasant co-workers
Cons
Micro-management style
Very productive and fast paced job.
Buyer Procurement Clerk/Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXAugust 16, 2015
I would handle various task self motivated and in a timely manner. From sending out quotes and bids for electronic parts to the issue of a purchase order, push or pull in parts for inventory control and fill back orders. I would be on phone for customer service for various reasons. I also handled working switch board operator and direction of customers entering the establishment. Maintaining files, logs, spread sheets, invoices, and all around office data entry. As well as working on problem issues in my area. I helped train new employees. My job was to stay on task complete daily routines with little to no supervision. I would work over time and holidays when needed. I can work as a team player or well alone. I really enjoyed this job. I quit after ten years t be stay at home mom and to care for my mother with Alzheimer disease. Now I am ready to get back to job force full speed. Thanks so much.
Pros
Monday through Friday 8-5 pm, weekends off, medical benefits, stable employment, fantastic supervisors and co workers.
Cons
Really wasn't anything to complain about loved my job there.
Stockroom Trainer
Stockroom Trainer (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 20, 2015
At Benchmark Electronics I trained all the new employees that came into the stockroom. I also went to other departmetns to help as well. I ended up in the shipping department working on Kentrox shipping them all over the world
Pros
hours
Cons
no job security
My hobby job
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 14, 2015
Job requires line level troubleshooting , testing of assembled circuit boards. Always learning how to use new test equipment for deferent assemblies. Able to work with co- workers in other departments and good organization by management.
It is just to have a job. It is close to home.
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 12, 2015
It is ok work place, but not easy to get hire on. Many people come and go because they don't get hire on for long time. When busy they want you to work long hour and seven day for a long time.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Benchmark is not easy to get hire on
company does not care about thier employees, only the bottom line.
Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAJune 19, 2015
Benchmark takes at least two months to hire, and has major communication issues. The Purchasing dept. has been without a Manager for over a year and a half. The employees there are wonderful, but the morale is at an all time low, and key people are leaving.
Pros
the folks that work there
Cons
BEI management/philosphy
Closure
Scheduler/Planner (Current Employee) –  Dunseith, NDJune 19, 2015
It is a good place to work. It can be fast paced at times and can have slow times, but it balances out. It taught me to be accurate and communicate problems efficiently.
Pros
free break fruit and popcorn on payday
Cons
plant closing down
Nice and fun working place
Test Technician II __Manpower ( Work (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2015
Testing and troublshooting the productions, nice co-workers. Good team work. Learn a lot new things when I work with the Engineer.
Good company to work for but closed plant and moved to Mexico.
Facilities Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2015
Learned skills throughout my career, managed chemical room, regulatory compliance, equipment preventive and building maintenance.
Benchmark Electronics
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 14, 2015
Benchmark Electronics is a fairly large company that deals with NPI products that are mostly circuit boards. It is a good place to work and a good environment.
Productive and enjoyable
o Assembly Specialist III (Former Employee) –  tempe , azMay 11, 2015
I come to work and build PC boards. My boss is very nice to all the employees, and whenever it was required he would always help me. My co-workers were very friendly we developed a good relationship with one another.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
I was there at the start up and the closing of the company
Materials analyst/operations specialist (Former Employee) –  Materials Analyst/Operations SpecialistApril 29, 2015
Reconcile inventory discrepancies, conduct daily cycle counts, run reports for management, attend daily meetings, test company software and report any issues to management, ensure process compliance throughout the company

Hardest part of the job- trying to keep up with all that I needed to do in order to meet the demands of my job, short handed.

Most enjoyable- helping the company succeed by ensuring transactions were done correctly
I really did like working here.
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NHApril 27, 2015
I really did like working here and if the Pulaski TN facility had not closed down I would think that I would still be there. This is where I got my love for troubleshooting electronics and test sets. I loved the the fast pace and the almost overwhelming work load in the Test Engineering Department.
Okay
Import/Export Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 17, 2015
Okay needs to work togther as team more. Each area is only concerned about themselves. If a process needs to be improved no one will take control to change it or even willing to look at it. They would rather keep the norm, and over pay, waste cost than improve.
Program Manager
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunseith, NDApril 6, 2015
Good company, however location was not great. Work load was overwhelming was hard to find good help that would stay and work. Management had no choice, but to off load the work onto current employers.
Pros
Bennefits
Cons
Management micro manage