Benchmark Healthcare of Harrisonville is seeking a full-time Activities Director for our skilled-nursing facility.
The primary purpose of the Activities Director is to develop, organize, conduct and evaluate activity programs for the residents to contribute to fuller and richer quality of life and help to maintain or increase their ability to meet their living requirements in accordance with the Benchmark mission philosophy and as directed by the Administrator.
Main duties include but not limited to:
- Develop, administer and coordinate the activity department's programs, policies and procedures including scheduling movies, plan parties and provide games/activities for residents. Encourage residents to participate in hobbies and crafts and provide materials as necessary. Develop and maintain an activity schedule.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards and innovative research to make recommendations for changes in programs.
- Develop and implement procedures for the identification of medically related activity needs of the residents.
- Participate in developing and implementing activity care plans, resident assessments and discharge planning.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc and submitting such to the Administrator as required. Review nurses' notes to determine if the activity care plan is being followed. Report problems to the Director of Nursing.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent. Bachelor's Degree as required by size of facility and regulations.
- One to 2 years' experience as an Activity Director or Assistant. Long term care experience preferred.
- Excellent planning and communication skills required. Examples of work may be requested.
- Certification as an Activity Director.
Benchmark offers competitive salary, medical benefits, paid time off and 401k.
Indeed - 16 months ago