Benchmark Healthcare is seeking a full-time MDS Coordinator at our skilled nursing facility in Raytown, MO.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide management of Resident care as related to the MDS and Care Plan and in accordance with HFCA regulations and guidelines, state regulations, and the Benchmark Healthcare mission philosophy and as directed by the Director of Nursing and Administrator. As the MDS/Care Plan Coordinator, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
1. Conduct a comprehensive, accurate, standardized assessment of each Resident upon admission, at specified periods, and upon significant change in condition.
2. Develop a Care Plan using the MDS/RAPS, schedule completion within 7 days of the completion of the MDS/RAPS & RAP Summary, but not later than day 21 of stay.
3. Coordinate the completion of the MDS/RAPS/Care Plan with the appropriate health Professionals including the facility’s appropriate Nursing Staff, Social Worker, Activities Director, Dietary Manager, Restorative Aide, Physical, Occupational, Speech, and Respiratory Therapists (as applies), Psychologist, and/or Psychiatrist, and the Resident’s Physician.
4. Ensure all of the health care individuals involved with the Resident have completed their portion of the MDS, RAPS, RAP Summary, and Care Plan. Review the existing Care Plan with the Care Plan Team.
5. Ensure the completion of all assessments needed for MDS/RAPS, including:
6. Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
7. Conduct and moderate the Care Plan Medicare meetings. Care Plan Medicare Management meetings should be held at least once a week, scheduled the same day and time-of-day.
8. Print Care Plan Meeting letters for Residents who have Care Plan Meeting scheduled for next month. These should be given to the Social Worker to send out no later than the 10th of the month prior to scheduled meeting. Responsible for notifying an appropriate person on the Care Plan Meeting.
9. Generate and provide a schedule of all MDS assessments due by the 28th of the preceding month. Update new admits as needed.
10. Chart MDS/RAPS/ Care Plan immediately upon completion. Transmit MDS information to the appropriate state agency at minimum every 30 days. Transmitting once a week is recommended.
11. Participate in all meetings as applicable or accurately by DON and/ or NHA.
12. Monitor significant weight changes, falls, psychotropic meds, infections and other changes in a Resident’s condition. Notify DON & Administrator of increases or declines.
13. Participate in discharge planning, including communication of effective nursing activities to those responsible for care after discharge.
14. Follow all safety protection programs as clearly outlined as it relates to fire prevention, safety ergonomics, hazardous chemical usage, disposal and storage, staff education in the use of the MSDS manual, and all general maintenance safety procedures and devices. Report any contrary conditions to the Department Head.
15. Participate as a member of the nursing administrative team by assuring management duties as assigned such as on call rotation, performance reviews, disciplinary action, staffing, etc.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must hold Registered Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
Must hold a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State in which the facility is located. A Licensed Practical nurse may be the MDS/Care Plan Coordinator under the direct supervision of the DON.
Requires three years of direct care experience, one year long term care experience. Must have experience in and ability to exhibit strong skills in clinical assessment, development and use of care plans.
Experience organizing health care committees/meetings including coordination of attendees and output of meetings. Organizational skills, exhibited through past work experience.
Expertise using computer software related to production of Care Plans and MDS’s.
Benchmark offers competitive salary, medical benefits, paid time off and company matching 401k.