At Benchmark Hospitality International, the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 6,000 people worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history and culture to our company. Join Benchmark today to start building your future!
We are presently seeking a Fitness Specialist to assist the Fitness Manager in the daily operations of the fitness center including: coverage of staffed hours of operation; perform facility orientations and fitness assessments; design and prescribe personalized training programs; lead group exercise classes; and perform duties related to fitness, wellness and recreation event planning, promotion, and implementation.
The successful candidate will:
- Focus on superior customer service.
- Greet and interact with each member/visitor.
- Attend to the general membership needs including: encouragement and motivation, exercise spotting, technique advice, exercise demonstration, tips for improvement/progression.
- Lead facility tours and exercise equipment orientations.
- Conduct personalized training sessions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a variety of programs including: membership recruitment and retention, health awareness initiatives and exercise incentive programming.
- Assist with marketing/promotional materials including: bulletin boards, flyers, newsletters, e-mail contacts.
- Organize/supervise recreation events and tournaments.
- Provide group exercise class instruction.
- Knowledge and use of a wide variety of strength, cardiovascular, flexibility equipment free weights plates and dumbbells.
- Knowledge and use of fitness assessment equipment to include: skin fold calipers, blood pressure cuff, heart rate monitor, cycle ergo meter, etc.
- Perform administrative, light cleaning, and light maintenance tasks associated with facility operations.
- Administrative duties include: maintain membership files, member check-in and other computer related responsibilities.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Health/Fitness or related field.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- Certification as a Personal Trainer (NSCA, ACSM, ACE, NASM, or Cooper Institute).
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Group exercise class instruction experience is preferred.
- Professionalism, strong multi-tasking capabilities, computer literate, detail orientation and time management skills are required to be successful in this position.
Benchmark Hospitality International has determined our core set of values as: Integrity, Individual, Entrepreneurship, Partnership, Realism, Service and we believe in a balanced system of Living, Learning and Leisure. These values are considered and applied in all aspects of our performance and relationships with others and everything we do has our guests, employees and owners in mind.
- Paid Time Off.
- Medical Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Vision Insurance.
- 401 (k).
- Educational Assistance.
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts.
Benchmark Hospitality International requires a background verification prior to commencing employment with the company. We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
For over three decades, Benchmark Hospitality International has grown, thrived, and set a new standard as a globally-recognized leader in...