Benchmark Human Services Employee Reviews

summary of the workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 12, 2017
the best part of my day is working with the clients and the hardest part would be dealing with all the different personalities of everyone. a typical day would be dealing with a behavior. I learn how to deal with the clients and their behaviors. overall it was a ok work place. it also can be a fun place. management works pretty good with their individuals and staff
Pros
laid back
Cons
short breaks
well-absorbed enviornment
former employee (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 4, 2017
You cannot stop learning at Benchmark. It is flexible for you, and you may find the staff and clients become a part of your outside family. My former boss was top-notched, and the collaborating organizations were rewarding to be accommodating with while clients were being served as first priority. You will love the job, as you get what you put in the job. Make the best of everyday, and you will see benefits beyond a paycheck.
messy staff and management
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 1, 2017
staf and management talk about you behind your back instead of helping you. they are always understaffed and mangers argue over who is going to fill in and help out
love the people I served
House Manager/Team Lead and Direct Support Person (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 29, 2017
worked seven day a week, 75 to 100 hours a per week (not what I wanted). with no days off. Program Manager refused to assist with days off, wouldn't hire staff for weekends and over nights.I asked for one day off (Saturday) Program Manager refused. Couldn't call off when sick. Program Manager was rude and disrespectful, refused to under that I was sick.
Pros
helping the individuals
Cons
pay is really bad, they will cheat you out of your money especially over time pay.
Cincinnati Location
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 21, 2017
Not a good place to work. At least not the Sharonville office. Its cut throat. They make you work lots of hours. Nobody wants to help nor does management answer phone calls. No training your just thrown in a job
Poor management
Housemanager (Former Employee) –  Kathleen, GASeptember 19, 2017
I been in this nursing field for over 8yrs, I love what I do for DD patients. You work long hours. HM on call 24/7, 365 a year. I've learned that certain leadership people stick together. I learned people give false information to make someone look bad. Because of personal opinions. No professional courtesy from Direct management. They feel they can speak as they want with you not expressing yourself. Than try to make you look like the bad person by cc others in email once they realize you speak back bluntly. Will lie to (cya) themselves. The hardest part of the job and frustrating is when the clinical team advice is not taken for admissions. The staff working in the home looks at this , as that the company is not worried about their safety. If Direct management was better, I would still be there.
Pros
Helping DD individuals
Cons
On call 24/7
Management structure is not good
Child & Adolescent Crisis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GASeptember 7, 2017
If management at this company would listen more to the people who are actually doing the work I think it would be a better place to work with a lot less confusion.
Flexible
Mobile Crisis Clinician (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GASeptember 4, 2017
Work is available for part-time position if you have the qualifications. Some portion of work can be done from home opportunities. Possible use of company car.
Pros
Can be flexible
Cons
Hours
Poor treatment of staff and finding loopholes against rights
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTSeptember 1, 2017
Work long hours with a illegal amount of staff to clients ratios. Will use medical emergencies as an excuse to fire people. Will refuse to give lunch, FMLA unless a father, mother, brother, or sister dies. Forget if you raised by grandparents, they legally don't have to give you time off to attend a funeral. Will put staff with dangerous clients alone even if clients are targeting said staff. Will bash young female workers for wearing makeup in front of clients. Won't do anything if a client is stealing from other peers or workers. Management will not step up when staffing is too low to be considered safe. Will go against what families want for their children as well as medical professionals. Will pick favorites to advance over someone with actual degrees in the field.
Pros
A good place to warn people not to work for
Cons
So many that under staffed nursing homes look better
A company that helps individuals become as independent as possible and perform at their maximum potential and integrating into the community.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 27, 2017
Benchmark Human Services assist individuals to live as independently as possible. It was an extremely rewarding job to see the individuals flourish. Many were able to live in their own and had jobs in the community and it was an honor to work for such a company. We worked together as a team to make this happen.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Sometimes would be called out in middle of the night.
Great work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAAugust 26, 2017
This is a good company the company just need more benefits. The company need to do more raises for employees. They offer medical and dental insurance, 401k after a year of employment. Work environment is what I expected sometimes not enough staff for when they go into behavior. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Free Food, Outings, No uniform, good pay
Cons
No lunch break, expensive and bad insurance, No raises
Benchmark Human Services
Manager (Current Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 22, 2017
Overseen the operations of 24/7 supported living homes. Managed staff, completed financials, accompanied to clients to healthcare appointments. Completed other tasks as assigned.
Well rounded work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ambrose, GAAugust 22, 2017
The job is well rounded with a good diversity of people. It gives off a family environment. And you have the opportunity for a flexible work schedule.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not enough money
Show paced
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 21, 2017
Home setting environment
Overnight shift is very slow paced, almost enough to make someone fall asleep on the job
A little stressful when clients don't mind your requests, such as staying out of the food closet or to stop behaviors
interesting work place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 21, 2017
you need to have a feel for this area in health care because it is a lot of responsibility, one on one and medications are relied on the DSP to be given at specific times
Benchmark Discriminated
Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 18, 2017
Very poor management very stressful there was discrimination going on.No lunch break too many opinions were used to evaluate a person. No consistant training given training was rushed.
Rating says it all
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2017
I was lied to about the starting salary. I had a terrible manager. My staff were horrible. Hours were terrible. Run,Run away from this company. They will give you the day off and then tell you, you have to come in anyway. If you refuse. They will threaten to fire you and report you to the state DODD abuse agency for neglect even though you were given the day off.
Pros
Cons
See above
normal work day
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 16, 2017
At a normal work day I would be responsible for three individuals and I would make them breakfast or lunch depending on what shift I am on. I would have to pass medication if any needed passing. I would assist with individuals daily chores such as laundry, cleaning bedrooms, cleaning bathrooms. I would have to take indviduals to their job. The most difficult part of the job was trying to lift a wheelchair bound clients by yourself. The most enjoyable part to me is taking the clients out on outings and trying something new.
Pros
doing something new with the individuals
Cons
lifting a wheelchair bound client with no assistant
Run! They will set you up to be fired!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 26, 2017
If I could have given them zero stars for job security I would. This place is a nightmare. Managers and supervisors treat DSPs like "the help" and never listen to opinions of the DSPs who work closest with the patients. They will set up a false scene to get you investigated then terminated with no regard for the truth and the families that hangs in the balance. Worst of all the managers, behavior analysts, specialists are liars. Stay away from this job if you value honesty, integrity, and people. Stay away if you value peace of mind.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No lunch break, liars are supervisors, terrible scheduling rotation
Benchmark Human Services
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2017
The company is not as organized to the expectation of having high behavior clients. I work with high behavior clients that are in the court system. I learned to have patients with staff nd clients. Helping the client to cope with their disabilities. I enjoy help other achieve their goals and become more independent.
Pros
Helping clients become more independent.
Cons
Feeling as though your not apreiciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8