Benchmark Physical Therapy

Benchmark Physical Therapy Employer Reviews

Front Office/Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2014
Very busy, growing and fast paced environment. Small offices with family like staff.
Terrible, stressful environment to work in
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 5, 2014
Pros: i was a patient at the hixson clinic for several months and they were great!
Cons: clinic director was belittling, condescending, micro-manager, controlling, frequently mocked me during discussions. terrible, negative work environment. upper management refuses to address.
I was employed at BenchMark for 2 months. During that time, I trained in various offices throughout TN and GA and attended new employee orientation at the Ooltewah business office. The overall job responsibilities of the Office Coordinator are the same in each clinic. However, the number of patients, demographics, insurances requiring prior authorization, – more... etc. vary DRASTICALLY. I was in the second largest clinic in Chattanooga. I was only there 2 full weeks after all the switching around and training. The Downtown clinic was run much different that the other clinics I had been in. The other clinics had great camaraderie between the PT's and the Office Coordinator. They were a team and the entire staff was included and respected in their work efforts. The Downtown clinic director was a nightmare to work for. There was no teamwork or camaraderie at all. She constantly belittled me, was condescending, a micro-manager, cruel, hateful and at one point I was having to report my daily activities in 10-minute increments to appease her need for total control. Nothing I did was ever good enough. She mocked me anytime I answered her questions with what she perceived as the incorrect answer. She would keep repeating the question louder and louder multiple times until I answered with the "correct" answer she apparently wanted to hear. She deliberately made my work life extremely unpleasant. Unfortunately, the negative behavior she displayed was not in private, but in front of patients on a regular basis. Several were reprimanded for even talking to me and they apologized from hurt feelings and "getting me in trouble". They were told I "had work to do" and to "leave me alone". I heard from many other employees in other clinics that she had acted in this manner to them when they had filled in at her clinic. I was constantly told by other Office Coordinators good luck with her and that I was in the worst clinic in Chattanooga. Her bad reputation proceeds her and is quite well-known. I firmly believe that personal issues were the cause of her behavior, and counseling for additional instruction in effective, positive managerial leadership would be most beneficial. – less
Well organized and fun place to provide high quality therapy with good outcomes
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Harriman, TNJune 25, 2014
Pros: excellent therapy opportunities
Cons: advancement opportunities
I enjoy my daily routines at BenchMark Physical Therapy. The atmosphere at each of the clinics promotes a great place to be, for both the patients and the employees.
Terrific Benefits!
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Ooltewah, TNMarch 12, 2014
Pros: lots of pto
Cons: nit-picking, inconsistency, weird politics, poor management...
The benefits package offered was outstanding, and the PTO available was very good.

A typical day - Arrive, log in, check email. Discuss projects with co-workers. Random interruptions from every department, random assignments thrown on you at any time.

Management - Not good. They were not all very knowledgeable in their departments, several departments – more... didn't even have management for several months/years. A lot of micro-managing.

Co-workers - Best part of the company, hands down. Excellent people, great friends. Everyone was willing to help out and support each other.

The hardest part - Knowing what was expected of you. There was not a lot of consistency.

The most enjoyable - the company wide events, the block party, thanksgiving dinner, team building work shops, etc. – less
Specific clinic location was very family oriented, toward patients as well as among the team of clinicians.
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Morristown, TNOctober 29, 2013
Pros: fun with staff
Cons: belittling by area director who was very condescending.
I worked very well with the staff, we were a great team. The higher administration however appears to show favoritism and displays that nepotism is certainly not dead.
Fun Place to work
P.T. Aide/OC Technician (Current Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: benefits, 401k and pto.
Cons: working alternating days.
Assist therapist's with administering patient exercise programs, schedule patient's for appointments, verify insurance benefits and it is such a joy to help patients get back to everyday life.
Good IT Environment
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Ooltewah, TNJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits, relatively close to home
Cons: odd hours, short lunches, paydays on specific days of the month rather than weekly or biweekly
A very positive attitude from all in my department, it is easy to get assistance with a difficult situation as my peers are well educated and very friendly.

I've learned a lot in my short time with BenchMark. My computer troubleshooting and repair skills have definitely increased.

All management is fair and unbiased. All are friendly and willing to – more... help.

My co-workers are knowledgeable and easy going. They are super friendly and try their best to help you with any issues you have.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to interface with most users face to face. I do not mind assisting via telephone, but I would love more in-person interaction.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to experience a user's satisfaction after a job well done. – less
Nice
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Knoxville, tnMay 21, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers helping patients
This is a nice place to work. High moral goals are appreciated,
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Accounts Receivable/Regional Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 23, 2013
I REALLY ENJOYED BY JOB WITH BENCHMARK, I LEFT DUE TO A TRANSFER. BUSY, ADVANCEMENT, AWESOME PEOPLE
Wondeful staff.
Floating Office Coordinator/PT Technician (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 11, 2013
Pros: the staff was always willing to terach me any and everything that i wanted to know.
Cons: my job was unpredictable, and i didn't usually know what office i was going to until it was time for work.
I enjoyed with patients I worked with, and the staff was extremely caring and compassionate. It was a pleasure to learn from such talented therapists.
Very productive work environment
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 7, 2012
Pros: structured work environment
Cons: change in upper management brought an undesirable work environment
Generates claims for either paper or electronic submission or both,
Responsible for preparing and submitting timely and accurate initial claims,
Identify variances between the booked revenue amount and expected reimbursement amount of each claim
This was the best Externship anyone could ask for.
Extern (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 5, 2012
My day started at 9am and the first things I had to do was finish posting payments and balances the books and making out deposit. Then I would post payments and balance those books. I did scheduling, and registering new patients.
Friendly and customer centric atmosphere.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Ooltewah, TNFebruary 3, 2012
BenchMark Physical Therapy is a great place to work. The employees are very friendly, and the management are very understanding. BenchMark's goal is to help people, and I believe that they are touching their goal.

About Benchmark Physical Therapy

Founded as a single clinic in 1995 by a group of physical therapists in Ooltewah, TN, BenchMark Physical Therapy is the region’s – Read more