Benchmark Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Excellent Work Environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNOctober 21, 2017
Excellent Work Environment. The people I worked with were always eager to help me learn more in the physical therapy field. They also wanted to see me succeed in all that I did.
Great energetic place to work
Dual role of Clinic Director and Sole Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2017
I have really enjoyed my tenure at Benchmark! There are opportunties to advance both clinically and in leadership, as well. It is fast paced, never a dull moment.
Pros
Performance bonus, benefits
Fun and productive
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GASeptember 16, 2017
Loved it!! It was a very great experience to be apart of the team!! Definitely learned a lot of things from the PTs I interned for! Worth every second of being there!
summary
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2017
Overall It is a pretty decent place to work. The company is good and has many locations. Good opportunity for advancement. The pay for Office Coordinators could be a little better based on their duties.
Fun and Interactive Work Environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2017
As a technician, I opened the store, set up equipment, signed in patients, maintained work area, gave patients exercises to perform, corrected form, scheduled patients, answering phone calls, emails, and faxes. I learned great time management skills and teamwork skills. The management at benchmark is top of the line. Very easy to work with and fun! The workplace is very fun, fast-paced and friendly. The hardest part of the job is handling patients who may be in a lot of pain. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a patient leave pain free and in their best form.
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly environment, interactive workspace, amazing coworkers.
Cons
No complaints
Unrealistic expectations
Senior Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 18, 2017
This region is very focused on numbers and the regional director has minimal true interest in the employees, only on the numbers reached. Bonuses are based on reaching numbers and goals are increased once reached. You can never do enough to stay ahead. Be prepared for stress and never feeling like you can catch up.
Enthusiastic and caring group of people helping people increase their daily life.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJuly 24, 2017
I learned much about the outpatient clinical setting in physical therapy while here. I was encouraged by the environment and the staff to pursue further education in physical therapy as well. Working with the patients was also a great learning experience. The hardest part was not being able to do more while there since I was just an intern.
Very professional and relaxed atmosphere
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I received great experience. I made great friends.
I processed and mailed patients insurance bills. I received "hands on" experience with secondary billing. Management was very "approachable" for any questions or concerns. All coworkers were very professional in manner.
Pros
Ability to work a flexible schedule
Cons
Short lunch break
Working with patients is great but this employer doesn't take are of their employees
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJuly 4, 2017
Company doesn't pay enough for the work that is required. Corporate office does nothing to protect the employee or to compensate for a job well done. Raises are scarce and minimal.
Great place
Physical Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TN 37659May 12, 2017
Very caring management who work with your schedule. The job is very fast paced and busy. Constantly on your feet attending to patients. The management are very understanding.
Fun Workplace
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 4, 2017
Fun Work place
Patients can be challenging
Repetitive
Loads of gifts
Hardest part is waiting on insurance companies and Dr. Offices to do their job so I can finish mine.
Good place to work as a technician, but hard to advance as a technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAApril 1, 2017
This review is based on an outpatient clinic for the company as a technician. While the hours were fair and the clinical environment was stimulating, the pay was horrible for the amount of work required. A LOT of running around and minimal downtime to even sit for a brief break during day light hours. My experience led me to believe that there is a great deal of corporate pressure leading to the push to maximize numbers and productivity at the expense of the workers. That being said, it is still a good work environment and team members help make the daily process much more manageable.
A plus
OC/Tech Float (Former Employee) –  floaterMarch 22, 2017
I highly recommend working for Benchmark Physical Therapy. They have several locations throughout the US. Each clinic has a carefully selected team devoted to ensure patient care.
Pros
good coverage for full time employees
Cons
no insurance for prn
Bad Management- Fun work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCFebruary 23, 2017
I really enjoyed my job and patients but the boss in the Asheboro location is very awful to deal with. He's very controlling and rude. If you can find a way to deal with him you can enjoy your job.
This location has a high turnover rate because of him.
Pros
Hour lunch, fun job
Cons
Low pay, daily meetings, micromanaging, no training
Wonderfull place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hiram, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Always a fun atmosphere. Dedicated and caring employees. People enjoy coming to therapy here. I enjoy going to work. You come in and everyone is happy to see you. Management is wonderful.
Fun environment yet ill managed
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Moody, ALJanuary 31, 2017
It's a great place to work because they are very family oriented and take into consideration the other areas of your life that come into play with your work schedule, but I feel like it can be very ill managed with time specifically and coverage. There is a lot of interpersonal work relationships at times because everyone is so close, and as a result it can lead to favoritism and unprofessional behavior.
Pros
close knit, fun, understanding of life
Cons
never a full lunch break, over hours all the time, inconsiderate of time, favoritism
Just another patient “Mill”, all about the numbers
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2016
Company metrics are not consistent with core values espoused by company management.

Pros- Decent clinics, fairly well equipped.
Decent health care and 401K.

Cons- Continuing education “benefit” money is linked to extended contract, not really a benefit, more like a loan.

Clinicians are not in control of their own schedule-My schedule was continually changed by the office coordinator to fit more patients in so she could meet her “bonus” driven goals. That led to my schedule often having 4-6 patients at one time.

Workload - The bonus structure for clinicians - drives clinicians to see more than 18 patients per day. Company communication is misleading or non existent. In meetings, executives have relayed to clinicians to see anywhere between 12 - 15 per day. So which is it? 18? 12-15? At my clinic it was routine for therapists to treat 4 pts per hour with no help, no PTA.

Poor patient continuity of care - patients were routinely passed between therapists and the quality of care suffered.

Time off- Very difficult to get time off and clinicians are required to request a float therapist to cover time off, there was a lot of pressure to NOT take time off or extend work hours in order to take time off. Culture is as if you are being punished for taking time.

Competing metrics between OCs and Clinicians - The office coordinator (OC) , has separate bonus activities. OCs are expected to schedule patients through their entire prescription, often 4-6 weeks out.

Poor leadership on all levels - My clinic director had zero leadership skill. Never communicated
  more... with staff beyond putting up some company charts of the clinics numbers with either a smile or frown face, but never an explanation what the chart meant or how we could improve.

Promises regarding working hours or work duties were never kept.
Fun work place
Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2016
Fun patients and co-workers. The PT's have a lot of knowledge and Insite in their field. The clinic is very spacious and airy.The only difficult part of the job is the adherence of the patients.The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients recover from their initial injury, and go back to their activity or daily living without pain or discomfort.
Used to be a great place
Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNJune 25, 2016
When I first started, BenchMark was a great place to work. Over the years management changed and the whole culture changed too. Company went from caring for their employees to only caring about the bottom line and doing things as cheaply as possible. The focus is on opening new clinics rather than improving what they have. It's also about cramming everyone in any nook and cranny they can find rather than having appropriate space for everyone to work.

Company is also full of associates that have nothing better to do than judge everyone else's appearance and job performance. I was constantly written up for petty things.
Work work work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 11, 2016
If you want to provide excellent care to 6 patients at a time, without a tech, work through your lunch break, and then do a couple of hours of paperwork at home, then this is the job for you. If you want to spend time with your family and have a life outside of work, then look elsewhere. They will show you stats that say therapists see an average of 11 patients a day, you will not be placed in those clinics. I don't even know if those clinics exist. You will typically see 20 patients a day, and Bill 5 units, including manual therapy, without a tech. If your notes are not done in 3 days, you name will be placed on a daily report that is sent out company wide. You will be expected to see work comp evals during lunch break. You will be attending webinars on your lunch break. You WILL do 10 to 20 hours of paperwork at home, every week. There is no work/life balance, your job will become your life. You will be nitpicked for any statistic that is not up to the "benchmark " despite seeing 100 patients a week.
Excellent benefits though. But be warned, the residency program is done on your own time. As in, you will still be treating patients for 40 hours and meet all of the above expectations, then your residency is on top of that. And if you leave the company, you will have to pay them back.
Love my clinic staff!
Benefits
Cons
All consuming job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.