Benchmark Physical Therapy

Benchmark Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Not my Cup of Tea
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNAugust 7, 2015
Too much emphasis on Money and not enough on pt care , PT A's are not well respected and their seems to be a push for Doctorate PT's there. Thats fine but not at the expense of experienced good employees, Their Mgmnt seem to Lie a lot and do not follow through unless they want something from you .
All about numbers and not patient care
peon (Former Employee) –  scMay 22, 2015
Run fast... There is a hidden agenda. Old school thought processes when treating patients. It is all about the dollar. They only hire young so they do not have to pay for experience. Three people left in one month. Tooooo many meetings. Could do much more with Web cams and internet.
Pros
leaving
Cons
Too many to list
Productive place
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 2, 2015
A typical work day at benchmark is a task you learned different things within the company everyday. Management team it varies co-workers are very nice my director is a good person to work with at times she can come across in the wrong way but otherwise very professional.
Pros
patient care is important to the company
Cons
management is not always on the same page.
Great environment with high-caliber employees
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 31, 2015
BenchMark Physical Therapy is a high-caliber company with a foundation of patient-centered care. BenchMark provides all the necessary tools required for a successful workplace and demonstrates a wonderful environment for the highest quality of patient care. BenchMark thrives as a company because they function as a team to inspire and empower people to reach their full potential.
Fun work place
Assist Therapist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 21, 2015
-Opening clinic
-Checking voicemail
-Counting in of day reports
-Checking reports and emails
-Answering phones
-Sending faxes
-Checking on insurance
-Setting up appointments
Pros
connecting with patients, good hours, and great coworkers
Cons
location
BenchMark
Regional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 1, 2014
Great place to build a career, continued education is encouraged. Team building events include family.
Front Office/Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2014
Very busy, growing and fast paced environment. Small offices with family like staff.
Terrible, stressful environment to work in
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 5, 2014
I was employed at BenchMark for 2 months. During that time, I trained in various offices throughout TN and GA and attended new employee orientation at the Ooltewah business office. The overall job responsibilities of the Office Coordinator are the same in each clinic. However, the number of patients, demographics, insurances requiring prior authorization, etc. vary DRASTICALLY. I was in the second largest clinic in Chattanooga. I was only there 2 full weeks after all the switching around and training. The Downtown clinic was run much different that the other clinics I had been in. The other clinics  more... had great camaraderie between the PT's and the Office Coordinator. They were a team and the entire staff was included and respected in their work efforts. The Downtown clinic director was a nightmare to work for. There was no teamwork or camaraderie at all. She constantly belittled me, was condescending, a micro-manager, cruel, hateful and at one point I was having to report my daily activities in 10-minute increments to appease her need for total control. Nothing I did was ever good enough. She mocked me anytime I answered her questions with what she perceived as the incorrect answer. She would keep repeating the question louder and louder multiple times until I answered with the "correct" answer she apparently wanted to hear. She deliberately made my work life extremely unpleasant. Unfortunately, the negative behavior she displayed was not in private, but in front of patients on a regular basis. Several were reprimanded for even talking to me and they apologized from hurt feelings and "getting me in trouble". They were told I "had work to do" and to "leave me alone". I heard from many other employees in other clinics that she had acted in this manner to them when they had filled in at her clinic. I was constantly told by other Office Coordinators good luck with her and that I was in the worst clinic in Chattanooga. Her bad reputation proceeds her and is quite well-known. I firmly believe that personal issues were the cause of her behavior, and counseling for additional instruction in effective, positive managerial leadership would be most beneficial.  less
Pros
i was a patient at the hixson clinic for several months and they were great!
Cons
clinic director was belittling, condescending, micro-manager, controlling, frequently mocked me during discussions. terrible, negative work environment. upper management refuses to address.
Well organized and fun place to provide high quality therapy with good outcomes
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harriman, TNJune 25, 2014
I enjoy my daily routines at BenchMark Physical Therapy. The atmosphere at each of the clinics promotes a great place to be, for both the patients and the employees.
Pros
excellent therapy opportunities
Cons
advancement opportunities
Terrific Benefits!
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNMarch 12, 2014
The benefits package offered was outstanding, and the PTO available was very good.

A typical day - Arrive, log in, check email. Discuss projects with co-workers. Random interruptions from every department, random assignments thrown on you at any time.

Management - Not good. They were not all very knowledgeable in their departments, several departments didn't even have management for several months/years. A lot of micro-managing.

Co-workers - Best part of the company, hands down. Excellent people, great friends. Everyone was willing to help out and support each other.

The hardest part - Knowing what was expected of you. There was not a lot of consistency.

The most enjoyable - the company wide events, the block party, thanksgiving dinner, team building work shops, etc.
Pros
lots of pto
Cons
nit-picking, inconsistency, weird politics, poor management...
Specific clinic location was very family oriented, toward patients as well as among the team of clinicians.
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNOctober 29, 2013
I worked very well with the staff, we were a great team. The higher administration however appears to show favoritism and displays that nepotism is certainly not dead.
Pros
fun with staff
Cons
belittling by area director who was very condescending.
Fun Place to work
P.T. Aide/OC Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 15, 2013
Assist therapist's with administering patient exercise programs, schedule patient's for appointments, verify insurance benefits and it is such a joy to help patients get back to everyday life.
Pros
benefits, 401k and pto.
Cons
working alternating days.
Good IT Environment
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNJuly 30, 2013
A very positive attitude from all in my department, it is easy to get assistance with a difficult situation as my peers are well educated and very friendly.

I've learned a lot in my short time with BenchMark. My computer troubleshooting and repair skills have definitely increased.

All management is fair and unbiased. All are friendly and willing to help.

My co-workers are knowledgeable and easy going. They are super friendly and try their best to help you with any issues you have.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to interface with most users face to face. I do not mind assisting via telephone, but I would love more in-person interaction.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to experience a user's satisfaction after a job well done.
Pros
great benefits, relatively close to home
Cons
odd hours, short lunches, paydays on specific days of the month rather than weekly or biweekly
Nice
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, tnMay 21, 2013
This is a nice place to work. High moral goals are appreciated,
Pros
friendly co-workers helping patients
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Accounts Receivable/Regional Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 23, 2013
I REALLY ENJOYED BY JOB WITH BENCHMARK, I LEFT DUE TO A TRANSFER. BUSY, ADVANCEMENT, AWESOME PEOPLE
Wondeful staff.
Floating Office Coordinator/PT Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 11, 2013
I enjoyed with patients I worked with, and the staff was extremely caring and compassionate. It was a pleasure to learn from such talented therapists.
Pros
the staff was always willing to terach me any and everything that i wanted to know.
Cons
my job was unpredictable, and i didn't usually know what office i was going to until it was time for work.
Very productive work environment
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 7, 2012
Generates claims for either paper or electronic submission or both,
Responsible for preparing and submitting timely and accurate initial claims,
Identify variances between the booked revenue amount and expected reimbursement amount of each claim
Pros
structured work environment
Cons
change in upper management brought an undesirable work environment
This was the best Externship anyone could ask for.
Extern (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 5, 2012
My day started at 9am and the first things I had to do was finish posting payments and balances the books and making out deposit. Then I would post payments and balance those books. I did scheduling, and registering new patients.
Friendly and customer centric atmosphere.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNFebruary 3, 2012
BenchMark Physical Therapy is a great place to work. The employees are very friendly, and the management are very understanding. BenchMark's goal is to help people, and I believe that they are touching their goal.