Benchmark Physical Therapy

Benchmark Physical Therapy Employee Reviews in United States

Used to be a great place
Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNJune 25, 2016
When I first started, BenchMark was a great place to work. Over the years management changed and the whole culture changed too. Company went from caring for their employees to only caring about the bottom line and doing things as cheaply as possible. The focus is on opening new clinics rather than improving what they have. It's also about cramming everyone in any nook and cranny they can find rather than having appropriate space for everyone to work.

Company is also full of associates that have nothing better to do than judge everyone else's appearance and job performance. I was constantly written up for petty things.
Work work work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 11, 2016
If you want to provide excellent care to 6 patients at a time, without a tech, work through your lunch break, and then do a couple of hours of paperwork at home, then this is the job for you. If you want to spend time with your family and have a life outside of work, then look elsewhere. They will show you stats that say therapists see an average of 11 patients a day, you will not be placed in those clinics. I don't even know if those clinics exist. You will typically see 20 patients a day, and Bill 5 units, including manual therapy, without a tech. If your notes are not done in 3 days, you name will be placed on a daily report that is sent out company wide. You will be expected to see work comp evals during lunch break. You will be attending webinars on your lunch break. You WILL do 10 to 20 hours of paperwork at home, every week. There is no work/life balance, your job will become your life. You will be nitpicked for any statistic that is not up to the "benchmark " despite seeing 100 patients a week.
Excellent benefits though. But be warned, the residency program is done on your own time. As in, you will still be treating patients for 40 hours and meet all of the above expectations, then your residency is on top of that. And if you leave the company, you will have to pay them back.
Love my clinic staff!
Benefits
Cons
All consuming job
Excellent Place to Work
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNMay 4, 2016
I have been with Bench Mark for several years and love the company! The people are fun, engaging and helpful. I have challenging work and enjoy coming to work each day. I would recommend Bench Mark to anyone.
Pros
Great PTO Plan, Hardworking Co Workers, Challenging Work
I love working at BenchMark!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNMay 4, 2016
I've never felt more welcomed and comfortable in a work environment like I have working at BenchMark. Everyone has your best interest at heart and really looks after you. We really are just one big family.
Pros
Amazing work environment, benefits, PTO, 401K Match
Cons
Waiting period before benefits and health insurance kicks in
productive
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 17, 2016
Good team. Good training program and continuing education benefits. What I did not like was high productivity standards and having several patients at one time depending on payor source.
I enjoy the people I work with.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SC 29732March 21, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with, but my compensation is $6.00 less than what I had been making scheduling surgeries. I give 100%, but I do not feel that the compensation is fair in relation to the job duties I am responsible for.
Pros
n/a
Cons
unsatisfactory compensation
great
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAMarch 7, 2016
awesome company. Very helpful staff and coworkers. Very hardworking and caring therapists.coulndt find a better company if i tried.
Not ideal for advancement
Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNFebruary 9, 2016
Coming into the workplace you are made promises that cannot be kept. At first all goes well, but then you are constantly hit with more and more micro managed responsibilities with zero pay increase. Favoritism is definitely played in this company. If you are high up and make friends with the right people, you can get away with slacking and doing essentially whatever you want. If you aren't fake or kiss butt then you are micro managed more. Benefits are expensive and the highest raise you can get year to year is a measly .50... IF THAT. People are petty in the business office. Constantly tattling for small things or trying to point out flaws in other departments instead of working together. If you want a place where you can just get by and never grow as an employee then this is the job for you.
Pros
Vacation time, company events, paid holidays
Cons
Short breaks, micro management, lack of professionalism from managers, pay rate.
Outpatient physical therapy setting
Physical Therapist, Outpatient (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNJanuary 28, 2016
Typically would see anywhere from 13-20 patients a day.
Outpatient setting with many different diagnoses.
Direct Access state.
Slow paced
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day for me included sitting at my desk applying payments to various accounts and making sure they get to the next correct step.
Total Joke
Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNJanuary 1, 2016
My title says it all. Started working here with no training at all, no orientation for several months after I started and basically made my job up as I went. More and more work dumped on me with a minuscule raise to go along with it. Most of management are uneducated, money-hungry imbeciles who can't even speak eloquently. Pay is extremely below scale and company openly admits it. Currently looking for another job. Don't waste your time and if you do decide to waste your time, don't expect decent pay or any opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Unorganized, LOW pay, mounds of work, poor management
Fun, learning envirionment
OFFICE COORDINATOR/TECHNICIAN/CERTIFIED PT (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GADecember 22, 2015
I love working for BenhMark, I have the best co-workers who all work very well together. It is a very busy productive learning environment.
Pros
Awesome Team
Cons
Pay
Great place to Work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNDecember 7, 2015
I worked for this company for just under 4 years and really enjoyed my time there. Like any company there are things that happen that aren't always good but overall a really good company to work for. Fun environment and plenty of interesting people to meet. It is a very fast paced job no matter what discipline you are but also very rewarding to see people reach their fullest potential at the end of treatment. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Constantly evolving work flow
Cons
Constantly evolving work flow
Very bad ownership & president
Medicare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNDecember 3, 2015
Worked in business office. Very poor ran. Company is very cheap.& care less about their employees. Way over crowded in a little warehouse. Expensive insurance & pay scale below average.
Application Process
front office (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GANovember 24, 2015
I do not feel comfortable giving my SS# only in the application process... During interviews or actual hiring process yes but not on application. Therefore, I looked for employment elsewhere.
Laid back workplace - friendly faces
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 19, 2015
Working for Benchmark was a great experience. The company really strives to make their employees feel welcome - paid orientation, food provided, etc. There are tons of opportunities within the company to volunteer in the community and get more involved with Benchmark. However, it's just like any other corporate business - their main focus is making money. Whether that means over booking therapists with 4 patients per hour or keeping entry-level salaries the lowest they possibly can, the company cares about the almighty dollar over anything. Even if you are stellar and exceed expectations, you will not receive recognition or a raise - there is always someone out there willing to do your job better for less.

However, despite the typical corporate behavior, I did meet a lot of very nice folks working for this company. They are also very laid back as far as taking time off and my branch made exceptions for me to make my own hours that worked best for me. Additionally, the company offers six paid holidays per year and two weeks of paid vacation. There are also two meetings per month that include a paid for meal at the restaurant of your choosing. So, despite the average corporate feel, there are benefits you won't find elsewhere.
Pros
Paid holidays off, paid vacation time, lunches provided, volunteer opportunities
Cons
Corporate feel, little to no opportunity of advancement
Best place for externship
Externship (Former Employee) –  ooltewah, tnSeptember 19, 2015
I was one of the lucky few who got to extern at two different Benchmark locations. I must say that this was a true test of showing you exactly how what you were being taught in school is applied to the real world. I am very greatful for the mentors I had there.
Stressfull
BILLING RESPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  WESLACOAugust 10, 2015
preformed every duty in a office from reseptionist to billing . poor owner skills to run facility or run its personal let go of all personal no job securty at all
Not my Cup of Tea
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNAugust 7, 2015
Too much emphasis on Money and not enough on pt care , PT A's are not well respected and their seems to be a push for Doctorate PT's there. Thats fine but not at the expense of experienced good employees, Their Mgmnt seem to Lie a lot and do not follow through unless they want something from you .
All about numbers and not patient care
peon (Former Employee) –  scMay 22, 2015
Run fast... There is a hidden agenda. Old school thought processes when treating patients. It is all about the dollar. They only hire young so they do not have to pay for experience. Three people left in one month. Tooooo many meetings. Could do much more with Web cams and internet.
Pros
leaving
Cons
Too many to list

2.9