Benchmark Senior Living

Benchmark Senior Living Employee Reviews

The best!!
Server (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 26, 2016
I work with this company in 09 but I had to move but in 2015 was able to work with the again!! And love every day of it! They give the opportunity to grew in their company
Pros
They need a benchmark in Fl
Cons
They are all a family!!
Loved the residents
Lead CNA (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTDecember 17, 2016
Had a great team of ladies to work along side of. The residents were loving and became like extended family to the staff. It was a joy to be amongst them. Though we were there to assist them for the most they reached out to the staff and taught us something new every day. Management is another story. Not necessarily the immediate but corporate management does not care or support not only their employees but their managers.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The management
worst place ever part two
RCA (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAOctober 31, 2016
also, please take a note in the wording of the supposed nursing assistants that rated this company 4 plus stars....they are not cnas. the wording is cheesy and taken straight out of the handbook. how pathetic that corporate tries to beef up their reviews by posing as nursing assistants.
Pros
residents. good co workers
Cons
everything. please read above.
Great company that cares about its associates
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAOctober 15, 2016
Benchmark Senior Living is a company I am proud to represent. They truly care about our residents, family & associates. They believe in promoting from within. Lots of training & education. Competitive pay & benefits.
Pros
Promote culture & development
Cons
Health insurance a bit high
Good place to work, very bad management
RCA (Former Employee) –  Warwick RISeptember 15, 2016
Worst place to work is the one in Warwick, always short staffed, sometimes 1 CNA for 3 floors, mangament are all friends and will get over on you if you let them. The director, Linda , will fire you for no reason if she don't like you, everyone who works there wants to quit due to higher up's. The residents are excellent, so nice and caring, but they don't apperciate good staff, they only care about money.
Pros
Excellent residents
Cons
Short staffed, bad mangament
Good place to work!
Lead CNA (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 28, 2016
Benchmark is a good place to work as long as you are an active worker as you will need to build a routine and really get to know each resident so that by the end of the day you have accomplished a productive day of work.
A typical day of work requires a lot from you as you are responsible in caring for more than one resident with love and passion.
In the years of employment with Benchmark I learned a lot and was given the opportunity to become a Lead Aide.
When It comes to management it has improved. I felt like any need or concerns that I had were considered.
Co- workers are awesome, caring and loving. Good team work is performed and respect goes a long way.
The hardest part of the job is when there is a last minute call out and no replacement could be found. The job still gets done but by the end of the day you are beet. I wish Benchmark in general would acknowledge that a little more and compensate. When it comes to weekends, It's mandatory every other for all staff. That's something that I also wish could be flipped to give the staff that really struggles to work weekends the ability to work around it.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the residents happy and in peace. Their smile and gratitude steals my heart.
Another good thing about Benchmark is that the residents always have awesome activities and are kept busy.
The only reason I'am looking forward in leaving Benchmark is because their isn't enough hours for me that can fit my work schedule.
Very poor in Danvers ma
Rca (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 2, 2016
I. Found this company not an easy place to work for no support from nurses or management and the employees always reporting each other and low pay there were Rca that I was training making more than me with not much expirence not even a goodbye when I left
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Low pay and no support
Easy going and all around decent company, poor pay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 29, 2016
I had no issue with managers or being overworked, but the pay scale for my position was just too low to stay long term.
The best Assisted Living in Rhode Island
Resident Care Associate (cna) (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RIJune 6, 2016
Personal i think that Benchmark is one of thee best Assisted living in RI , Theres a big difference in Nursing homes and Assisted living. Assisted living is manly independent Living.
Negative
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uper Falls, Newton maApril 16, 2016
I hate this company specially the one in Newton, the Dam. Program manager is racist, she likes gossip and she has her favorite. They don't care about CNA, patients that are supposed to be in a skilled facility they have their family members pays more let them stay and no equipment at all to work.
Loved my residents.
Harbor Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, CTApril 12, 2016
Great ltc unit. Wonderful residents. Nice family members. Cood cnas. Good nurse support staff. Administration does not much at all to help. Best part of job is the residents.
Pros
RESIDENTS
Cons
LOW PAY. USELESS ADMINISTRATION.
productive and fun
Dining Service Director (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAApril 10, 2016
Productive and fun. Associate oriented, passionate about the culture and the well being of their associates. like to promote from within and motivates their associates with monthly classes, meetings and essntives.
Pros
plenty of staff
Cons
no overtime
driver (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 17, 2016
Workking at benchmark is a great opportunity for an individual who is people oriented and enjoy working with the elderly.The everyday life of senior citizens can be complicated and challenging.They need people who can assist them to make their golden years a bit easier while they lose their independence.
Enjoyed my time working my elderly residents..but management wise was another story.
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 13, 2016
Enjoyed my time working at Benchmark in terms of the elderly residents and my coworkers, ect but the management, ect was not up to par example will be last winter I had to stay an extra 24 hrs at low minimum wage. Hopefully they learn from their last employers like myself and others and improve not just for themselves for their residents who are paying to live there.
Ok place to work
rca (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAMarch 11, 2016
This company has a lot of benefits. And a lot of chance for advancement. But the management of this company needs to be realistic you can not run a dementia unit with 3.5 aides it is impossible. Not to mention that it is not safe. They sell the dementia unit as 5,5,2 which means 5 aides 7-3, 5 aides 3-11 and 2 aides 11-7. When in reality it is 5,4, 2.
They need to revisit the pay scales too. Aides with experience should not be making as much as someone with no experience. We work hard and should be paid accordingly
Pros
great benefits and chances for advancement
Cons
Management is unrealistic about the work load and pay scale
Okay Place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAFebruary 28, 2016
I love my job. I love the atmosphere all of it. I love my residents and how I've grown to love them. The day always flies by. Front desk is very important and again I LOVE WHAT I DO.
craaaaapppppp
Plant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAFebruary 22, 2016
Way to much is expected of you for way to little pay. Wants you to do a 6 hour job in two refuses to pay for over time. And there product is way over priced.
Pros
good cheap meals
Cons
everything else
great place
Dietary aide/ Utility (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 16, 2016
aside from the rude residents, everyone is a joy to work with and they treat you like family the kitchen staff work very hard and the chefs are lways putting out the greatest food.
Worst place I've ever worked
RCA (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAFebruary 7, 2016
The managers play favorites & let employees who have been working there for some time do whatever they want whether it talk on the phone or talk to other employees or just stop doing work completely.some residents will have accidents in the middle of the night & they'd just leave the resident bed in that condition until housekeepers come in the next day they don't bother to sanitize or change the sheets. The "training" here is a joke they don't teach you how to do everything you need to do in the beginning they teach you whatever they want whenever they feel, if something doesn't get done due to your lack of training then management blames you & finds every way to justify every reason why its not their fault even though they need to teach you everything it's just endless contradictions & favoritism here its absolutely ridiculous, some managers are also very rude, the residents are the only good thing about this place
Pros
Residents
Cons
Unprofessional staff, useless management, terrible pay, bi-weekly pay, lack of respect
turnover terrible
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIFebruary 4, 2016
Turnover terrible . Management sucks no respect it all to employees and Co workers .
No respect among residents and plan of care ? There aren't any . Keep the residents till dying for profit only profit .....
Nurses and director of nurses disrespect their peers and new employees . No meetings , no raises , no communication it all between them.
Elderly abuse occurred most of the days and nights.
RCA S hits residents and yells at them all the time ..
Jamaicans employees sleepin during work , 3rd shift . This is in middletown, RI.
I would never refer anybody to work in This company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
turnover, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3