Benchmark Senior Living Employee Reviews

it wasnt a very productive place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTOctober 5, 2017
a typical day at coachman required to be running back and forth answering pendants and trying to get people up ready for breakfast on time. we was always under staff so there was always two of us running back and forth like crazy. the hardest thing for me was trying to get all the pendants answered on time and get everyone needs fulfilled. the best part of the day was when it was time to leave. hahaha
Pros
the workers where sort of good
Cons
shorts breaks, or sometimes you didn't take a break. always short staff and management didn't care
Liars that just wanted money
CRMA, PSS (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, MESeptember 27, 2017
Great place at first. But then you learn they just want money. Always short staffed never have what you need. Management doesn't back you up. If you get hurt they don't care.
Some co workers were fun to work with
Chef (Former Employee) –  Capital ridge at providenceSeptember 2, 2017
Poor management . not enough staff always under staffed . over worked and no one cared about it not even your boss .worked double shifts on weekends . on a positive note some of the health benefits were ok
Pros
Health benfits
Cons
To many
Just filling beds
Care Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTAugust 14, 2017
BSL is more concerned about filling beds than the needs of residents. The communication at my facility is poor and management is too involved in gossip. Too many managers have their hands in the pot without a full understanding of what goes on in the different departments.
Pros
regular staff works together as a team.
Cons
Everyone is stressed out and overworked. not enough staffing for residents.
Fun place to work
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 9, 2017
Very good place to work voted number one a few yesrs in a row.but you have to deal with death almost on a weekly basis and im not that strong of a person especially when you get to know the people
Pros
No stress
Cons
Coming to work on my days off
Unorganized staffing, poor treatment to staff
Overnight resident care supervisor/ LPN (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTJuly 28, 2017
They try to force staff to care for residents that should be in a nursing home with assisted living policies. They seemed not to care about the poor night staff being over worked.
productive and fun place to work
The Atrium at Cardinal Drive (Current Employee) –  Agawam, MAJuly 27, 2017
I love working here. i love my girls i work with. i love my residents like they were my own family. when i take care of them i think of them as taking care of my own family.
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
Not enough appreciation for the good things we do
Beautiful communities and wonderful residents
Director of Community Relations (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAJuly 5, 2017
Working for Benchmark Senior living for the past year and a half has been a great learning experience and is by far the most purposeful job I have ever had. Helping seniors and their family members understand all the ins and outs of assisted living so they will be able to make the right choice at the right time has been very satisfying.
Pros
The Residents, Salary
Cons
Long days.
busy and fun with high potentiol to improve ones self
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 26, 2017
I come in the early morning to make sure the residents with dementia get their food first as is custom to every meal during the day. I keep up with all the dishes, pans, and ect that are given to me from the cooks and servers from breakfast to lunch. Along with the dishes I must fulfill extra cleaning and sue chef duties like cutting fruit, sweeping, re stocking, and taking out trash. I have learned many safety techniques leadership roles and teamwork. My managers are wonderful to me with providing helpful tips on how to make my job easier and more efficient along with helping me work my school and outside life in with my job schedule. Everyone at work is very friendly and helpful. The directors are very team oriented and fair to their employees. The hardest part of my job is coming up with an easy routine that will ensure that I get all my duties done efficiently and on time. The most enjoyable part of my job is greeting friendly coworkers and residents with a smile on my face.
Pros
free food, great benefits, friendly people, great scheduling
Cons
low wages
Underlying Undertone
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, VTJune 25, 2017
Very heavy handed and behind the back tactics. Lull you into feeling that things are ok. Do not give clear direction or expectations and then very harsh with remediation when unamed expectations are not met. No learning moments.
Pros
The staff and LNAs
A fun work place
Executive Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 17, 2017
Very competitive market
I enjoy working with all associates management and senior management .
The cluster is saturated With competition
Chestnut park is unique within its competition There is Longevity and consistency Within the associates
It's located in the heart of Brighton near Cleveland Circle and the reservoir .
Chestnut Park is a great place to work .
Think twice before working HERE
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJune 13, 2017
Benchmark senior living on clapboardtree is a beautiful building. The department heads treat the resident care associates and nurses unfairly. The residents/families would pay for more care and the rca are unstaffed! The workers are ask frequently to pick up hours. Sometimes the hours on the check do not match the hours worked. They will fix the issue by giving you money card or pay the missing amount on your next check.
They need to provide better training, appreciate the staff, fix payroll and hiring more staff. They quickly to terminate employees even the hard working ones. People our human beings everyone make little mistakes.

Employees protect yourself and get union!
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Under stafff, Overworked, Under payed, No compassion, No appreciation
Changed Culture
Director of Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 11, 2017
Worked for Benchmark for many years and have seen many changes. Most recently the culture has taken a turn for the worst within the entirety of the organization. They have a lot of employees that have remained loyal, however, have begun feeling that the "Benchmark way" that they believed in has diminished.
There is always room for improvement
Harbor Care Director (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time there, wish there was stronger management. Front-line staff were grossly underappreciated and underpaid. Very hard to stay in that line of work for an extended period of time.
Fun working olace
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJune 3, 2017
Benchmark senior living is a good community to work at. Upon first working her I felt like it was a big family. You also grow strong bonds with the residents and associates that will last s life time. The management is okay, and is a good starting place.
Cons
Short breaks no hours
n/a
Waiter/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTJune 2, 2017
the job is great and all but when it came to the type things they were telling people to do it was ridiculous and the pay wasn't right as well, plus the managers were very rude
Great place to work with great ppl
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 2, 2017
This place is great the people residents and co workers everyone is great and helps one another. Benefits are great. Flexiable working schedule.just warm and welcoming
Flexible hours, few pros
Server/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
Poor management and poor compensation is what defines Benchmark for kitchen workers. We did not consistantly have the tools we needed to do our jobs and the management would over-hire and do little to train new hires. Two sore spots that could be overlooked if compensation was better. Benchmark is the kind of place that wants to make you feel like family or that you're making a difference etc. The focus is far away from it's workers so job offers from them should be taken at face value because sometimes no one of your level gets merit based raises.
Pros
Good free food on your shift
Cons
Salary
Be afarid be very afarid Too many changes no communication between management and staffz
supervisor/ manager of janitorial dept. (Former Employee) –  Bedford new hampshireApril 19, 2017
Was a good place to work as far as company ideas for incentives but management lacking sincerity on things promised also way too much favoritism they make it obvious who they want to promote based an personal opinions rather then work preformed . Very unprofessional tactics by management ie. Bullying intimidation and verbal cut downs.
Pros
Incentives win money
Cons
Management, favoritism, lying
Great Environment.
Certified Nurses Aid Benchmark Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 18, 2017
Care Plan Activities for daily living..5 to 8 residents in the Assisted Living Facility.

Time Management. If I care for 5 to 8 people during the day, means I can do it for my own household.

Management was good. Easy to have a conversation with.

Diverse Setting. We are all Humans. With the same daily goal. Resident Activities made it exciting.

Activities and making muffins or passing them out most enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5