Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Small branch with a lot of responsibility
Student Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 3, 2015
Easy to get to know all the employees since the branch had about 12 employees. Spent little time at my desk and more time in the lab areas soldering, assembling wire harnesses, constructing test fixtures, or installing hardware on the test vehicle. I learned proper office etiquette and culture as this was my first job. Each day was a learning experience.
Pros
Lots of work to be done
Cons
N/A
Great place to learn and grow
HR Generalist / OD Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OhioSeptember 23, 2015
Bendix, was a great place to learn and grow. The company has a culture based on Lean/Six-Sigma and pushes its employees to achieve stretch levels. Benxi is not publically traded however operates very similarly. Company offer many learning opportunities and has great benefits.
Pros
Learning, management, advancement opportunities, and culture.
Cons
No bonus opportunities, some blockers have been in roles too long, lack of work-life balance.
Good company with nice perks (free gym, exercise classes, etc)
HR Coordinator and Generalist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJanuary 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Bendix. I did a lot of work on a daily basis, but it was always different so it didn't get boring. Really enjoyed the people. I would say the hardest part was not taking work home every night and weekend.
I enjoyed working there and the people at Bendix. They have so much to offer an employee. I worked at there corporate office in Elyria.
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJanuary 21, 2015
I was a cost accountant responsible for month end close monthly reporting. Maintaining and updating the standard cost system. Participating in annual physicalinventory.
Most of the time it was a fun place to work and keep busy and productive.
Shipping Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INJanuary 6, 2015
Very good atmosphere as far as teamwork environment. Although the managers could have been a whole lot more helpful sometimes and more into providing a proper place to work and learn in. Had trouble getting help when you needed it and hard to find managers if you had questions regarding work load. They did do a lot of things for the employees as far as giveaways, dinners, etc.
Pros
good pay and benefits, overall good place to work.
Cons
issues with managers not being helpful or believing in teamwork.
Diverse and friendly working environment
Health Safety Environment Coop (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 28, 2014
Working with Bendix was an interesting experience. It gave me an opportunity to use my HSE knowledge to implement various programs. One of my task involved revising and implementing a hand-on approach to the new hire safety training. I was able to create what is called a Safety Training Lab - an area designated for training on various topics.This allowed me to utilize, organizational, planning, and communication skills among others. This training area will be eventually placed in all company sites across the US and Mexico.

Also, I enjoyed traveling on behalf of the company, offering assistance to the various sites and carrying out risk assessments in line with OHSAS 18001 requirements.

Other than the HSE related activities, I was involved in a Global Employee Resource Group which was fantastic. A Toastmasters International club was implement while working with the company.

The experience with the company has made me more committed to the HSE profession and look forward to the opportunities of working in a company that give me a chance to grow and improve.
Not a bad company
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 23, 2014
Not a terrible company to work for! Director level Management needs to better connect with the workforce.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
advancement limited
fun work place
Re-worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 24, 2014
Would go back if i could. left because of a line leader. other then that its a good place.
Pros
pay, breaks, advancements
Cons
management
Contract
Materials Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elyria, ohioDecember 30, 2013
Contract position only. It was a nice place to work but no chance for advancements. I would come into work and do testing on different projects. I was able to use all the equipment including a 3D printer. I only had one close co-worker.
Pros
good pay, nice working areas
Cons
contract position only
Great people !
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 24, 2013
Good company to start your career. Managers are really prepared and experienced.
Productive, yet fun workplace!
Computer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 20, 2013
Very easy going environment to be a part of. Look forward to going into work and learning new things every day. I enjoyed eating lunches and talking with co-workers, as well as sitting and having a morning cup of coffee. It was a learning experience being parts of different teams and trying to accomplish multiple goals all with different time constraints, but by helping others and getting help from others, everything seems to work out in the end.
Disappointing Experience
Finance (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 25, 2012
I was very excited about my opportunity at Bendix. Bendix is a very solid company that seemed to have an abundance of opportunities for associates that were motivated to succeed. However, my personal experience was quite the opposite. There was little training offiered and the training that was done was not using the most effective and efficent means, considering they are an SAP environment. There was absolutely no documentation of processes that were complex and I was expected to catch on even when upper management and my predecessor could not explain the process. I am a person that always wanted to improve processes and thought I was empowered to run my department and processes the best way I saw fit. This did not sit well with my supervisor, who unfortunately just wanted things done the same way they always were done for the last 20 some years. If you want to be able to try something new and/or educate upper management, it would fall on deaf ears. I felt I had no chance to showcase my talents and it was very unfortunate. My time was cut short solely because my boss was uneasy with my methods of improving processes. Unless it was the idea of upper management, the idea was shot down. So, I would caution anyone about accepting a position at Bendix in the finance department if you are the type who would want to improve processes. There will be little enthusiasm for any successes you have attained and absolutely no recognition for any improvements you have made. This department sees negatives first and not positives. It is no wonder that the morale is very low and turnover is  more... high. There really needs to be change in upper management in the finance department in order to attract best talent and to ultimately have a good succession plan when those in higher positions retire. Again, very disappointing experience and would not recommend any of my colleagues to work at Bendix Finance. Additionally, if you are an active CPA, my experience also has shown that it was not well supported. Even though, the job may prefer CPA or MBA, do not expect this company to help you in the course of continuing education requirements. I have had over 15 years of professional accounting experience and this is the first major disappointment of my carerer. Thanks for taking the time to read my review.  less
Pros
no parkinhg fees, cafeteria on site, healthy living stresses
Cons
no flex time, no empowerment, no genuine concern of associates's health issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9