Benedictine University Employee Reviews

Stressful and unmanaged kitchen to work in
Cook (Current Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNSeptember 16, 2017
They hired a culinary manager that was inexperienced to run a kitchen of that size. Her daughter worked there when she was hired. It was noticed right away of the favoritism.
Pros
There is a radio to listen to
Cons
Unorganized, stressful, mismanaged, poor staffing, unsanitary
good palce
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 3, 2017
Benedictine University is a good place to work at. The best thing about it the diversity among the professors, staff, and students. The bad thing is the salary.especially Lisle is considered as an expensive place to live in.
Pros
Friendly workplace, diveristy environment
Cons
low salaries, expensive services, not much benefits compered with other universities
good and convenient, but boring
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 23, 2017
this was a good job as its at my school so it was easy for me to work between classes, it was just boring and tedious work. I would've preferred to work in athletics rather than the office.
Pros
at school so it was convenient
Cons
boring
Great Place To Be
Educator (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 3, 2017
This is such a great place to be I don't even know what to say! There are no cons, simply all pros to working here. I hope the best for this company in the future!
Enjoyable workplace
SPORTS INFORMATION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 30, 2017
Being a Sports Information Assistant, I got to watch many of sporting events. Whether that was keeping track of statistics or accepting admission to the events. A lot of the work came from transporting the equipment, along with loading and unloading it all, to the events.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, work study
Good Serivce/ Risky Workplace Culture
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 5, 2017
The University provides a excellent service to their customers/students but employees are not supported in a manner that matches the university's motto.
Wonderful Dietetic Internship Experience
Dietetic Internship (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 27, 2017
Well-balanced, challenging, and enlightening dietetic internship experience. Time was appropriately balanced between internship rotations and master's degree work.
Good work/life balance but no room for advancement
Data Analyst Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 9, 2017
This organization has some of the top Org. Development minds in the field. They need to listen to them and change the culture.

While there is a lot of work/Life balance, there really is no room for advancement at the staff level. The organization is very silo oriented. Once you are in a spot, you tend to stay there.

There are three types of people that work there:
The person that has been there 30 years, doesn't need the job but is comfortable
The person that uses it to get their degree and moves on
The person that is part of the in-group that is helped to advance
good for student workers
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 1, 2017
would recommend that current students try to work on campus, it's good money and relaxed hours but they do not allow student workers to work more than ten hours a week.
Pros
relaxed hours
Cons
low pay
Negative atmosphere
Academic Advisor/Graduation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 17, 2017
No management support, too many strong headed people who don't care how each other feels. Campuses are always battling each other never agreeing with procedures.
Pros
Cons
Very unhappy place to work for
Summer Fun Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 25, 2017
Great summer job position for college students. Good for students who are interested in going into education. Opportunity for advancement if you work multiple summers.
Pros
Free lunch, Paid 30 minute break
fun
Marketing and Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 5, 2017
Great place to work and get your foot in the door. You work in great locations and learn to work together as a team with your other coworkers. Would recommend if you are just starting to work.
Enjoyed working with the students at Benedictine
Adjunct Mathematics Professor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 18, 2017
Benedictine University at Mesa, AZ, was a pretty small liberal arts school when I taught there. I was one of four adjunct math professors that worked there at the time, and there just was not enough math classes being offered for the small student population they had. The school didn't even have a mathematics department chairer, so I really didn't have anyone in which to consult.
Pros
Respectful students for the most part, pleasant atmosphere
Cons
Many students were more concerned about being eligible to play sports
fun
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 7, 2017
working for your school is always a great experience. Working in admissions you see new people everyday. each day you are helping someone find their way around. Giving tours to incoming freshman and students who are interested in coming to the school makes you appreciate the work you are doing.
Pros
work around you
Great place to work with a variety of people of all ages and backgrounds
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Having the experience to work with a fantastic group of individuals from faculty and staff to students, the Benedictine community is very welcoming and a fantastic place to work. You feel like you are part of a large family.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, open-door policies, atmosphere
Cons
I can not think of one
Developing a Profile
Coordinator of MSN Program Operations (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 29, 2016
So far, so good in developing my profile. If my profile results in a career offer, my goal will be achieved. I am now eager to program my career searches.
Nurturing and family-oriented work environment
Senior Lecturer / Faculty Mentor, Online Programs (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 12, 2016
Excellent and prestigious nonprofit school with a plethora of degrees offered in various disciplines. Highly qualified staff and teachers, all of whom have the students' best interests at heart. Exceptionally rewarding work environment
Management sucks
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 27, 2016
The mismanagement of daily activities makes this one of the worst jobs I have had. The guys working here are great benefits are great. Little underpaid but you can sacrifice that for the benefits. If they had better people running the daily operations like they are supposed to be run it would be a great place to work.
Pros
Good guys to work with, benefits, days off
Great organization
Part-time Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILOctober 25, 2016
Love teaching for this university. Great staff and students to work with. Have learned a lot working and learning with this organization.
Can be a great place to work.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 19, 2016
Overall my work experience at Benedictine was pleasant. In the residence life office I had a good working relationship with my direct supervisors. I enjoyed the majority of the work.