Benedictine University Employee Reviews

Wasnt there long enough
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJuly 27, 2015
The University was nice place to work. They hired out their IT department. Their PBX was quite old and dated. At the time it was my first job out of college and I could not beat the job experience.
Seasonal employment that allowed flexible hours and a fun work environment among the athletic department
Assistant Softball Coach (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Free lunches for recruits, free access to fitness center
Cons: seasonal employment, flat rate for 3 months of work dispersed throughout the season
Athletic department is very friendly. No healthcare benefits/compensation for the position I filled, but free access to the fitness center was a perk.
Student Position
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Detail oriented.
Cons: inefficient
Great student position. Can learn more office skill. Need to be very detail oriented. Working closely with different departments.
SCHOOL
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 10, 2015
It is my school, and it teached me a lot, including in class and outside of class - responsibility, teamwork, computer skills, cultures, and so on.
It is a good university. I am glad to graduate from there.
Review
Adjunct Instructor - Online (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Canceled their online reading program/lack of teaching opportunities
I have worked for Benedictine for six years and acheived Senior Lecture status in the first two years. I went above and beyond in my teaching to ensure all my students learned to the best of their ability. – more... I mentored numerous new instructors. I also had the wonderful opportunity to quality assure and redevelopment curriculum in the undergrad and graduate departments. Unfortunately, they canceled their reading program and I am not looking for a different career path. – less
fun and productive
Official Note Taker (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJune 22, 2015
fun but structured environment
very knowledgeable therapists
friendly staff
clean workplace
good balance between work and play
atmosphere is friendly
Productive, Fun
Student Tutor (Current Employee), Benedictine UniversityJune 19, 2015
I love to work at Benedictine because I get to interact with other students, staff and faculty on a daily basis and work to improve my communication skills.
Excellent place to work
Information Technology Student Worker (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJune 18, 2015
Pros: Everything :) :) :)
Cons: Nothing
I worked here as IT STUDENT worker. Amazing supervisors who understand that you are a student so works with your schedule. Since it's a student job, I mean the pay rate is accordingly. But if you're willing to work hard and sincerely, learn a lot, and save money for your personal use, please work here. NO COMPLAINS AT ALL!!!! :) :) :)
Fun place to work with good wages
Custodian (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 14, 2015
Benedictine was a fun place to work. Starting wages were excellent and the staff was great. The college itself was very historical and picturesque.
fun work place with nice and friendly students and faclitiy
Student Assisant (Former Employee), Springfield ILMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work will be sitting in the mail room waiting on some one to come get there mail or place there mail in the mail box if they have one. A typical day will be going to the school activities – more... and filming everything and taking photos.
I learned how to interact with others well. Learned how to work a camera.
My co workers were friendly and hard workers and willing to help one another. – less
Fun work place
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Lisle, ILMarch 24, 2015
give tours to prospective students and their families,
be part of a fun environment with laid back student workers and faculty
Great employers and wonderful support
Student Senate - Student Outreach Committee Chair (Former Employee), Lisle, ILDecember 11, 2014
I had great employers and wonderful co-workers while working there and always received feedback on my performance. I learned a lot about working with others.
Great culture, and Great People. Great place to gain experience.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lisle, ILDecember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, atmosphere, co-workers, management
Cons: compensation
Benedictine is a great place to work, with a family like atmosphere. The people here are generous and to full time employees, the benefits are great. I have gained valuable experience in higher education and have felt like a important piece to the puzzle here at Benedictine University.
Pleasure to work as RA
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free housing
Cons: part time
I learned how to plan events, how to deal with people, and how to take responsibilities.
good private school
lab storage associate (Former Employee), Lisle, ILSeptember 20, 2014
good school
good teaching staff
balanced school and life
anananan
nananan
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Lisle, ILJune 8, 2014
A typical day at work is stocking merchandise, working fitting rooms, operating cash register, cleaning show department, running put-backs, and cleaning the entire store.
Don't Drink the Kool-Aid
Anonymous (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJune 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: people, hostile environment, never-ending silos, gossip, favoritism
I was excited to work with Benedictine but didn't realize that I would be walking into a high school environment all over again. You would think that others in the office would be too busy to watch and – more... analyze the new hire, then gossip.

You also have to worry about stepping on other department's toes rather than working together. The 'stepping on toes' is a result of conflicts that date back before most current employees were hired. This hinders in taking initiative which seems to be in every job description. It's quite laughable.

Don't dare to have a mind of your own or your own opinion, you'll be looking for another job in no time. Smile, nod and tell others what they'd like to hear if you cannot find a job anywhere else. Don't dare to have a personality of your own. Meetings on how to change your personality will be scheduled. My best advice is to leave your brain and who you really are at home. You won't need it! Also, get use to having your ideas stolen, it's the norm.

Benedictine promotes subject matters and not good quality managers. It is common for employees at Benedictine to be a victim of an inexperienced manager. This may result in being let go or punished by being ignored and finger pointing.

Being a university, you would think that proper office protocols are put into place. New hires shouldn't have to create them.

There are also too many cooks in the kitchen. I don't see how several departments get anywhere.

The best thing about Benedictine are the benefits. If you decide to apply, good luck! The corporate world is easier than this place! – less
Excellent School
Communication Arts Intern (Current Employee), Springfield, ILApril 12, 2014
I am currently a senior at BenU, but as an intern for the Communication Arts department, I love being able to learn through this course. It has increased my experience in different areas of my major, as well as get to know other professors, staff, and faculty who are apart of the campus.
Intimate setting with fun and fast-paced atmosphere.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lisle, ILApril 3, 2014
Being detail oriented, punctual, and incredibly accurate is extremely important as a administrative assistant. There are multiple things to do at once, quickly and independently. This job taught me how – more... to multitask and communicate effectively.

My coworkers had their individual jobs to do but we all worked efficiently without much distraction. Getting to speak to incoming students and giving them tours around a university they were interested in was exciting. – less
I am an adjunct. I've worked here & on committees 7 years.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), SpringfieldFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: attitudes & care of individual
Cons: have no campus elevators
I am well received. All doors are open. They live the Benedictine Hallmarks in treatment of all.
We have great additional teaching instruction & much campus life. Fun!