Beneficial Bank Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJOctober 30, 2017
Typical day was slow to fast pace
Learn nothing
Management good
Workplace was great
Hardest part of the job was I felt pressure when a large group of customers would come in at once.
Enjoyable part of the job was co-workers
Pros
Dealing with customers
Cons
Dealing with rude customers
The Knowledge Bank
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2017
Beneficial was a great place to start out in the banking world. They take their time and teach you everything. Trainings were hands on and they made sure that you grasped what was being taught. Not just educating the employees but helping them to educate the customers as well. In the beginning the management did everything it was nothing they would not assist you with. Towards the end of my time there they wanted to go in a different direction by hiring new younger management and that completely changed the dynamic of the branches.
Pros
Discounts, Employee Appreciation
Cons
No raises
Would be a great.place to work if Executives had backbones
Other (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2017
Management sucks! Payroll/Benefits Department is horrible. Employees walk around on egg shells. Mean, hateful and rude VP of Payroll. Constantly telling you you're doing your job wrong, even when following her instructions to the tee. Quick to say, that's not what I told you to do. The whole department is aware of her and her inconsistencies and nobody says anything not even her boss! They all talk behind her back. Employees are always in tears.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Executives out of touch and Managment knows it!
A relaxing place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed working with my coworkers at Beneficial bank but I still needed somewhere that I felt like I can grow. The pay sucked and they barely gave out raises.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Can get stressful when it comes to meeting goals
Good not great
Relationship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 14, 2017
Beneficial Bank is largely a good an inclusive company. They have established themselves as a true community bank. They're main drawbacks are their lack of products and upper management is out of touch with the procedures and realities of retail banking. If you are considering a position with this company insisit on meeting regional and branch management and ask procedural questions related to customer growth.
Cons
Cherry Hill management
work place can be overwhelming at times
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJSeptember 13, 2017
Its like working with kids in high school, people always talking junk about others behind their back and then smiling in their face....great company values just sucky people in the wrong positions of power managing it.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Poor management, no advancement
Lack of Leadership
Cash Management Sales Officer, Vice President (VP) (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, PAAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at work is providing customer service to 150 cash management customers, meeting or talking via conference to new prospect. Working on proposals and then presenting proposals for cash management services.

I've learned a lot in the past 10 years and will continue to learn, about branch and cash management operations.

The culture is challenging when you want to do the right thing, but there isn't any support to do so.

Many of the individuals I work with lack ownership in a problem.

The department was split with no Director, at the start of 2017 and the changes make it difficult to do a good job.

I enjoy working with all customers and helping them solve a problems!
Pros
Developing relationships with customers
Cons
Lack of Leadership
Very Good
Records Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2017
I worked in the Credit Administration Department for Cathy Tipson and Gail Hodgins the Team Leader. They taught me a lot about Loan files and the processing area. it was a wonderful experience working at Beneficial Bank.
A great work environment with great people and amazing opportunities!
Financial Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Drexel Hill, PAAugust 17, 2017
Specifically at my branch which was located at 16th and Chestnut in Philadelphia was amazing. I had an amazing manager who has taught me so much and I began as a teller and was a financial consultant within 2 years thanks to my manager. He saw my potential and helped build that into a great employee with good numbers and eventually even helped make me the confident hard working guy I am today. He was like the father I have never had at work. Working at a bank in center city was very chaotic but we had an incredible team and always managed to have a great day, complete all our work, go above and beyond for our customers and put some great numbers in the book at the end of each day. I learned a lot from working for Beneficial, and I believe where you work and how you work has a lot to do with your management which in my place was a good teacher and someone who always motivated me to be better.
Pros
Competitions with awards
Cons
HR incompetent
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJAugust 2, 2017
A typical day at Beneficial Bank was stressful and slow pace.

The management was unprofessional and unorganized.

There was lack of communication with branches.
Great place to work for.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 28, 2017
Beneficial is an education company that takes great care in educating not only their employees, but their customers to succeed financially. Beneficial takes pride in that they have been a strong financial institution since 1853. I have enjoyed working there, as I have been fortunate to have a great team to work with and a very caring Manager.
My day mostly consist of reaching out to my existing customers, and prospects for business development and retention, while maintaining the overall operational integrity of my branch.
The most challenging aspect of my job, is also the most rewarding, and that is, bringing in new business. I learned long ago, that not every prospect is going to say yes,
Good company to work for
Assistant Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 22, 2017
Very fair and pleasant company to work for. Management is great and the company seems to care much about their employees. I would recommend working for this bank to anyone.
Job treats you well but bosses are terrible
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJuly 6, 2017
It's a pretty fun place. You learn plenty. It's nice old school banking. The pay isn't good. The bosses suck. The work isn't hard, and if you get a good system going you can enjoy this place.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
low pay
Place filler
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2017
There is little to no room for advancement. Managment only wants to be involved when there is a chance to have their name tied to an accomplishment, but if work is required and the ability to tie their name to something does not exist, they dump the work down the chain.

The company is quick to "right-size" when that requires a reduction in the workforce but does not want to even consider evaluating the situation if new positions are required.

Scoring high on your reviews will earn you a whopping 2% annual increase.

A vast difference in departmental expectations and work ethic leads to a culture of finger pointing, incompetence, and slow progress.

Employee moral is only considered close to or during surveys on the company.
Pros
Location of main office
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities, self-centered management, 1980's systems
Sales driven
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring House, PAJune 22, 2017
If you like sales then Beneficial Bank is the place where goals are set so high they are unachievable. I worked sales for 10+ years and their and only got bonuses three times in my five year tenure.
Poor upper management
AVP/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  HavertownJune 8, 2017
Upper management displayed favoritismPoor upper management, I have been in banking for 35 years and displayed a great attitude with my employees and customers. New management team came on board and had regards to my professionalism and my team building skills
Pros
Great branch team
Cons
Poor upper management
Enjoyed working with the public
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2017
Basically counting money and staying on top of everything to make sure it balances out at the end of the day.
Customer service can be pleasant and fun if you stay calm no matter how mad the customer gets.
Unfair at times but caring.
Fun for the most part.
Making sure the money balances at the end of the night in my drawer as well as the vault.
Celebrating my co=workers birthdays and holidays.
Pros
Celebrating the holidays with the company as well as my co-workers
Cons
Worrying about the money at the end of the night I often made mistakes
Great job.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJMay 14, 2017
Excellent and easy job. I learned a lot about working as a team and providing excellent customer service. Most enjoyable part of the job were the customers. They were all very sweet once you got to know them.
Pros
great place, good pay.
Cons
none.
Provide personalized service
Example: Sales Executivem (Current Employee) –  Sicklerville,njMay 3, 2017
Branch and bank are good. Looking for a busier environment I like their definition of sales process. To educate customer first. No high pressure tactics or serious goals to reach.
Pros
Good hours, close to home
Cons
Too slow. Must wear uniformd
General Overview
Other (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2017
Beneficial enjoys a rich history within the Philadelphia region, which is certainly something to admire, whether a customer or employee. Generally speaking, Beneficial has proven to be an acceptable place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beneficial Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9