Beneficial Bank

Beneficial Bank Employee Reviews

Productive environment with a great mission and value. Strong local history
Relationship Consultant / Back up Teller Manager (Current Employee), Maple GlenJuly 11, 2015
A typical day at Beneficial Bank for me consists of a 100% focus on making sure the customers are taken care of in a professional manner, handling customer transactions, account maintenance and reviews, customer profiling to fit them into the best fit product, audits, compliance, branch and cash settlements.
I have learned time management, more organization, record retention, I have developed a deeper understanding of Federal Regulations.
My co-workers and I work very well together, we believe in team work. I along with my direct supervisor have cross trained the entire team in settlement procedures for the branch (both closing and opening procedures).
I believe the hardest part of the job is the time management, you have to have different areas of the branch settled at different times all while fitting in customer service in between. It can be a challenge but obtainable.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when a resolution for a customer is met, when the audit scores come back as excellent, and when you have a solid team who again as stated above works very well together.
Excellent base to get into the field of Finance and Banking
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great management, Easy to perform job, Constant interaction with people
Cons: Hard to Advance to Full Time, Work is repetitive, Co-worker experience may vary, Benefits are modest but servicable.
I will openly admit that my time at Beneficial Bank was to pay my way through college, and despite that I can say with honesty that it was easily one of the best jobs I have ever had.

The work, while mundane, was simple and kind, and the constant interaction with daily "regulars" and new people alike always made it interesting, and the management of the branch I worked at would be served an injustice if mere words were used to describe how well they ran that place, despite serving in a shrinking town and customers irate at the change of pace when the original bank was bought out by Beneficial.

That said, the four-and-some-change years that I worked there definitely imparted me with more knowledge than I had when I first signed on, ranging from Banking and Finance to Communication Skills and setting up a personal budget.
Used to be a good company to work for
Teller, Head Teller, CSR (Former Employee), Baltimore Pike, Clifton HeightsMay 18, 2015
Was a family orientated place in the beginning the last year I worked there a new president came on and lad off a lot of people as well as getting the full time workers out of the company to eliminate the benefits. I loved the people I worked with still talk to many of my co-workers. enjoyed servicing the customers and getting to know them and there family I would say that was the best part besides working with numbers I liked the most about this job.
Day at Beneficial Bank
Teller (Current Employee), Delran, NJFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoy coming into work everyday. I learn something new from new customer when I come in Contact with them. After the months i been working there I learn many things and new things. I learned to learn new ways to make customers and my co workers happy. Working at the bank taught me ways to be a better team player. There was many situations in the bank that I had to keep calm and was able to do my job without being under to much pressure. Next, I feel Co-workers was very important to get along with because working as a team helps you reach personal and branch goals. The hardest part of the job is able to help customers thats already upset coming in the branch. I just tend to keep a smile and talk nicely to them to make the customers feel more comfortable and able to open up and explain their problem without being mad at me.
Nice people
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee), Warminster, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Love working here, just wish I was able to become full time. Love the people, and the atmosphere. They are very welcoming, and the customers are friendly.
2 out of 5 stars
Manager of Corporate Talent Acquisition (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2014
A challenging environment with many distractions that don't create a productive or ethical work environment.
Great Bank
AVP Branch Manager II (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2014
Love the work life balance, great people, great company. Management is great and there is a sense of Family. Need to do more lending and staffing is a major issue across the board, from branches to back office.
very productive workplace, enjoy going to work
Work as a bank teller in several branches (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2014
A great place to work, very friendly co-workers. Hands on management help with the overall knowledge of what your goals are and how to succeed them
n/a
Relationship Consultant (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 9, 2014
•Open all accounts personal and business
•Educate customers to do the right thing financially
•Perform all operations duties when needed
•Run cash drawer and process all transactions
•Maintained positive attitude and great customer service skills
•Handle all money ordering and selling for branch
•Do monthly work schedule for the team and Branch supplies order
•Process loans
•Notary
Great Place to start working in Banking
Relationship Consultant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2014
Cons: pay, healthcare
This is a great place to someone who is just starting in banking. not for people who are looking to advance them selfs. Bonus are very low and so is pay.
enjoyable place to work
Teller II (Former Employee), eddystone paJune 2, 2014
Required to remember product knowledge and maintain excellent customer service with every customer
Productive work place
RELATIONSHIP CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Springfield, PAMarch 18, 2014
I learned a lot while being here at Beneficial, this gave me a chance to better my customer service skills as well as further educate myself.
Productive and fun work place
Teller 1 (Former Employee), Pennsauken, NJJanuary 25, 2014
-Learned how to provide great customer service
-Learned how to multi-task
-Stress free
Challenging place to work and manage a diverse group of associates.
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clifton Heights, PADecember 11, 2013
Challenging place to work and manage a diverse group of associates.
Straight forward Job
SR Optical System Operator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2013
Scanning documents into our system daily.
Data entry daily.
Taking care of separating the teller's work daily
great open communication through every level of office
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia paMay 29, 2013
was a good place to work very flexible for employees. Upper management was very friendly and understanding
Retail Sales ot Banking
Head Teller (Former Employee), PAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: health benefits are pretty good
Cons: poor management in branches and poor sportsmanship in ceos
This bank would pose a better place to work if they centered their employees on customer service rather than retail sales. Management does not respect employees and talks to head tellers as if they are not important and their jobs does not matter.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAJanuary 8, 2013
I loved working for this bank. My managers and co workers were great people and always treated me and others well. Great work environment.
Beneficial is a progressive institution with many opportunities to learn new things
Bank Teller/Administrative Clerk (Current Employee), Lumberton, NJDecember 4, 2012
Pros: there is much to learn add to your resume.
Cons: though there is much to learn you have to find time to do it on your own.
My co workers and managers are interesting charasmatic people with positive energy. There are no hard parts to the job as I enjoy a challenge as well as working with people.
Challenging environment
Senior Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2012
A very challenging work environment. I prefer not to say more.

About Beneficial Bank

You would expect something beneficial from the city of brotherly love. Beneficial Mutual Bancorp is the holding company for Beneficial – Read more

Beneficial Bank Salaries