Beneficial Bank Employee Reviews

Lost Focus
CSR III (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2016
The job culture is great. Most of the employees are happy and enjoy working there but of course that depends on the department. In the branches there are many managers who lie about their whereabouts and base the work schedule on what they have to do. The company overall is more focused on competition when they are in no position to compete with other banks that are nationwide. Compensation sucks. Instead of giving employees the raises they deserve, Beneficial would rather payout hundreds of thousands renting out the LINC for an all employee event. Management sucks. You can do better elsewhere. Every year I was reviewed as being superior and the highest performance compensation I ever received was 74 cents.
Pros
Coworkers, breaks, employee events
Cons
Management, compensation, work life balance
Employees Really Taken Care Of
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater Philadelphia AreaSeptember 13, 2016
As an employee in the branch you focus a majority of the day focused on educating customers so that not only can you uncover opportunities to better their financial situation, but also contribute to the company's overall growth. The main goal is to build legitimate relationships with customers and influence them to make sound decisions, thus contributing to branch targets. That is the definition of "sales" at Beneficial, and if you can't make the connection between these two, you probably wouldn't work out here. Successes and even solid efforts do not go unrecognized. This company goes above and beyond to show appreciation for their employees. What other company do you know that will completely shut down early one day of the year to hold an all employee event at an awesome sports venue in Philadelphia? Benefits are standard/competitive and salary, in my opinion, with the right qualifications is well above average. The only downfall is that in some branches, the structure of staffing (especially when short) can completely obliterate the work-life balance that Beneficial works so hard to promote. Also, as a bank on the smaller side, and being a decent company to work for, growth is limited because positions of advancement do not open up very often.
Pros
Customer focused, clear goals, strong employee appreciation, above average salary, decent quarterly financial incentives
Cons
For some locations- little to no work-life, especially if salaried.
Beneficary Bank Teller
Bank Teller I (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJuly 27, 2016
Beneficial bank ensured that all new employees were trained properly. The lunch breaks were flexible and employees were able to enjoy lunches without rushing back to work. The compensation as well as hours were not the best working for this company.
Pros
Training process
Cons
Hours
Poor communincators and lack of career development
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2015
From the start I was lied to about the ability to receive plenty of overtime and that there is a healthy incentive program for meeting sales goals. If you want to be in banker’s limbo and you don't want to grow in your role for at least five years this is the company for you. This company has a two month training schedule and not one of those classes is on cultural sensitivity or diversity. Many inappropriate things were said to me and others about our health, culture, and religion. Communication is horrible especially regarding policies and procedures. Policies and procedures are always changing and not communicated to the departments that actually use the policies. One good thing about this company is; they are not overly sales aggressive like some big banks, but that is also reflected in the incentive program, which you may never reach because the sales goals are hardly obtainable.
Pros
not over agressive in sales
Cons
exspenive benefits, low pay, poor communication from management, high turnover
Horrible Place to Work
Senior Mortgage Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 18, 2017
I worked in mortgage operations and management is truly horrible. The staff was amazing but all very unhappy people. Several layoffs have occurred in the last year. This bank is looking to be acquired. No stability nor appreciation when I worked there.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Avoid this company
Great place to work for with amazing coworkers
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2016
The company has accommodating hours with advancement. My co-workers are a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job would be staffing issues. Due to the branch being small, we opperate only with 3 tellers and a manager; which is difficult to schedule vacation time. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and getting to know them both personally and professionally.
Pros
Ample vacation time, set branch hours with holidays off
Cons
Street Parking with time restrictions, expensive insurance plans
Productive and fun place to work. Break room has a foos ball table, miniature golf, tv and a wii.
Customer Contact Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. Is all about the numbers however, teaches you how to be productive. Love the personalities of the employees. With it being a small company, everyone gets along.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, free tickets to the Phillies game, Eagles game and the Philadelphia Zoo.
Cons
Short breaks, salary, job work/life balance
Excellent base to get into the field of Finance and Banking
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJJune 9, 2015
I will openly admit that my time at Beneficial Bank was to pay my way through college, and despite that I can say with honesty that it was easily one of the best jobs I have ever had.

The work, while mundane, was simple and kind, and the constant interaction with daily "regulars" and new people alike always made it interesting, and the management of the branch I worked at would be served an injustice if mere words were used to describe how well they ran that place, despite serving in a shrinking town and customers irate at the change of pace when the original bank was bought out by Beneficial.

That said, the four-and-some-change years that I worked there definitely imparted me with more knowledge than I had when I first signed on, ranging from Banking and Finance to Communication Skills and setting up a personal budget.
Pros
Great management, Easy to perform job, Constant interaction with people
Cons
Hard to Advance to Full Time, Work is repetitive, Co-worker experience may vary, Benefits are modest but servicable.
good job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Southampton, NJDecember 27, 2016
Beneficial bank is a good place to work. its a good learning experience for someone wanting to be in te banking world. There was good people and nice costumers
Terrible management
Sr. Payroll/Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2016
The company is great to work for, the CEO was great! However; the management in the HR department was terrible. I worked in the HR area under extremely stressful conditions.
n/a
Teller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19125June 6, 2016
Beneficial just wasn't a place where you are guaranteed advancement. No one really cares about your short term or long term goals within the company. They want you to focus on your current position and only that position. Nothing else matters to them.
productive work place however it is really lacking in inovation
Customer Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  181 market street philadelphia pa 19103January 22, 2016
Responds to customer inquiries and issues relating to bank products and services (i.e., Deposit Accounts, Pensions, Loans, Mortgages, ATM Cards, Electronic Transactions, Online Banking and Bill Payment) following established policies and procedures. Identifies customer needs beyond the immediate transaction and recommends products, programs, and services when appropriate, Interacts with department and branch personnel and refers customer calls to appropriate personnel as necessary. Maintains records and computer logs relating to customer activity. Follows through with all customer generated activity. Answers complex customer questions regarding interest calculation methods, annual percentage yields, availability of funds, early withdrawal penalties, etc. Researches customer requests through specialized programs, such as Bankway and Synergy. Prepares correspondence and documentation related to customer activity (i.e., loan payoff letters, lien release letters, check re-orders, stop payments, ATM card re-orders). Uses Microsoft Internet Explorer to research information for customers relating to products and services provided by outside agencies and vendors (i.e., U.S. Savings Bonds, check re-orders). Complies with all Privacy Act requirements and functions and properly authenticates customers according to Beneficial’s standards. Provides Supervisor with data necessary to complete reports. Completes daily after-call work in a timely manner . Meets goals as established by the Call Center Operations Manager
Pros
Get to resolve cust issues daily and create a great customer experience
Cons
salary is not enough for the stress that this job demands
Good Place to Work
WebSphere/WebLogic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2016
Enjoying a lot to work here and have learned a lot in terms of technology.
Co-workers are an asset who are always helpful in understanding various nuances and issues.
Used to be a good company to work for
Teller, Head Teller, CSR (Former Employee) –  Baltimore Pike, Clifton HeightsMay 18, 2015
Was a family orientated place in the beginning the last year I worked there a new president came on and lad off a lot of people as well as getting the full time workers out of the company to eliminate the benefits. I loved the people I worked with still talk to many of my co-workers. enjoyed servicing the customers and getting to know them and there family I would say that was the best part besides working with numbers I liked the most about this job.
Great co-workers and even better costumers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMarch 7, 2016
A day working at the bank was wonderful. Everyone knew everyone in this small town bank, customers knew you on a first name basis and we knew them on a first name basis. I've learned so much from this job from banking to ATM machines to how credit cards work and lastly how the whole banking system works. My co-workers and managers were the best no body was ever left out and they really made you feel like a part of the family. It is hard dealing with other peoples money cause some things can go wrong but we always found a solution to the problem. I just loved being able to walk into work and be greeted with huge smiles from the team at the bank and better yet from my costumers.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PAJune 13, 2016
I like working at Beneficial, however they do not pay very high and incentives are based on audit scores. Sales goals are achievable compared to big banks.
Retail Sales ot Banking
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 21, 2013
This bank would pose a better place to work if they centered their employees on customer service rather than retail sales. Management does not respect employees and talks to head tellers as if they are not important and their jobs does not matter.
Pros
health benefits are pretty good
Cons
poor management in branches and poor sportsmanship in ceos
great fun workplace
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2016
Beneficial Bank is a great bank to work for! The employees their are great! The hardest part is pleasing customers which I always do my very best! The most enjoyable part is talking to my customers and helping them in anything they need.
Hard work and dedication
Teller (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJOctober 10, 2012
Working at Beneficial Bank allowed me to boost my skills in multitasking and customer service.
Pros
flexable
Cons
low advancement, short breaks, compensation
Enjoyable Work Experience for 16 years
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, NJJanuary 25, 2012
Previously worked for Farmers & Mechanic's Bank. FMS bank was acquired by Beneficial Bank in July of 2007.
Pros
good benefits, customer relationships were highly valued
Cons
none to report

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beneficial Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8