Benefis Healthcare Employee Reviews

Productive and a great learning environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed working for Benefis and gained a lot of knowledge and experience working with patients. The staff is welcoming and everyone worked well as a team.
Pros
great learning experience, benefits
Cons
short staffed
Never boring with new events always
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJanuary 25, 2016
Benefis is an interesting place to work with positive challenges ongoing.The people are dedicated and good to work with.My daughter is a registered nurse who has worked for many years for Benefis and enjoys the profession.My years as CNA were enjoyable.I would like to pursue the job of inventory control because it would be a natural fit for my past experiences.
Pros
challenging, good people to work with
The most enjoyable part of the job.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTAugust 31, 2015
The Hospital was very hard work because of the demands they had on the CNA's., but the most enjoyable part of my work was the interaction with people from Great Falls. Their stories that they would tell me on nights when I had to work an one on one; which is when a patient needs to be looked after 24hours at a time. So you are with this person and their family all night or day a whole shift 12 hours at a time. I learned a lot from people and got to experience in my mind the stories they would tell.
Pros
lunch is deducted from your pay automaticly
Cons
short breaks, 12 hour shift w/ 30 min lunch, overworked employees such as, one CNA for a floor of 30 patients or more.
Productive and fun work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTAugust 4, 2015
Experienced each area of the hospital from ER to LD. Spent 2 years in clinical experience at this hospital, waiting a change in environment and workplace setting.
Pros
discounts
Cons
worked for free
Excellent wages
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTApril 10, 2015
Patients are awesome people. Some managers can be very difficult when approached for guidance or assistance. Co-workers ranged from absolutely awesome to very difficult. Work loads are very high and in some cases, nurses are encouraged to compromise nursing integrity when providing care to clients. Many learning opportunities available.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Very low approval scores to some managers from staff
clean, cutting edge
Endoscopy Nurse (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTFebruary 8, 2015
I worked for this company over three years, and they have instituted mandatory over time, in the last 6 months, staffing issues continue and are not getting any better.
Two DR's left with in 6 months of my starting and they have not been able to recruit replacements. I have to use PTO when the DR's leave or take time off, or float to other departments to make sure I get my hours,,,so my benefits do not get cut.
Pros
on the cutting edge for healthcare in MT
Cons
work schedules area night mare
I enjoyed my job at Benefis Healthcare.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 19, 2014
I stayed very busy in a days work. I worked well with the community in vulnerable times of their lives. I had more than one letter of appreciation written to the CEO because of my hospitality.
Pros
Fast paced, working with public, held very high accuracy percentage
Cons
dealing with people at vulnerable times in their lives, trauma
fun place to work, oved the client's and the staff.
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJuly 26, 2014
Benefis is a large health care organization that provides excellent long term benefits. I assessed client's activity levels both in the Alzheimer wing units and the transistional care unit. I developed and led activities for the clients. I led exercise groups and participated with the clients in other fun activities designed for their activity tolerance level. I worked a varying schedule sometimes mornings and sometimes evenings. I received recognition from Benefis or "caught you at your best" award when I helped the clients get involved in making home made bread. I participated in many fun plays such as Alice in Wonderland in which I was the rabbit. I enjoyed helping the client's to smile. I enjoyed the staff I worked with. I enjoyed all aspects of the job.
large hospital, excellent learning exp.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJanuary 24, 2014
care of 6-12 patients in all areas. able to float to different floors & registry for years.
management & co-workers friendly & helpful.
Pros
great learning experience
Good place to work and learn
RN/ Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MtApril 30, 2013
I work 12 hour shifts, there is no typical day. Every day is different, because this hospital serves the north central plains region of Montana. It is a level 2 trauma center, therefore there is a lot of great experiences.

Want to know more about Benefis Healthcare?

Ask a question
very good job
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 13, 2012
i like it alot and learned alot about maintenance the pay and hours where good
Pros
learned alot
Cons
everything
workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMay 13, 2012
Benefis is staffed by highly skilled professionals. I would recommend this hospital.
Very good
LPN (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMarch 18, 2012
Overall very good employer,needs management with better training