Established in 1994, Benefit & Risk Management Services, Inc. (BRMS) is a leading benefit administrator and healthcare risk manager that delivers innovative technology and administration solutions to control rising healthcare costs.
One of the first to introduce employee benefit administration technology solutions, our services are powered by our exclusive Virtual Benefits Administration System (Vbas®) - a proprietary database and administration system that allows employers to save time and money by automating management of the benefit supply chain and empowering employees to self-service their benefits.
Due to the confidential nature of this position, qualified candidates must be able to pass a full credit and criminal background check. NO RELOCATION PROVIDED. BRMS is an Equal Employment Employer.
The Systems Developer I will develop and update desktop and web based computer programs and fulfill user requests within budgeted time and expense constraints.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and update desktop and web based computer programs according to user requests and internal/external business needs.
- Test programs for desired results.
- Record and maintain documentation for each written or updated program.
- Apply proper use of logical programming techniques to ensure the maintainability of each application.
- Review time and expense estimates for programming requests and recommend clarification and/or modifications as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of hardware platform operating systems as well as other operating systems supported by the company.
- Perform hardware and software maintenance as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Management.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 years working in a related Information Systems field.
- Competent in the following:
~~ Visual Basic/VB.Net
~~ SQL Server
~~ Active Server Pages/ASP.Net
- Excellent communication skills to present technical and business information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong computer skills, including Windows operating systems, Networking, Microsoft Office products, PGP, WinZip and web browsers.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or G.E.D; and minimum of two years working in a related Information System field; or equivalent and any combination of education, training, and/or experience, which demonstrates ability to perform the duties described.
HOW TO APPLY:
This position will remain open until filled. However, to ensure consideration of your resume, please apply immediately following the detailed instructions below:
- Complete the application via the following link: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BMRS&cws=1&rid=56
- Include a cover letter expressing your interest in the position and explanation of your experience.
- Attach your most updated resume documenting your job history, duties completed, and skills acquired.