BENEFIT COSMETICS Employee Reviews

beauty artist/key holder
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMay 12, 2015
i suggestive sell product.
apply makeup to clients.
work with a team.
open and close the store.
knowing the full product line.
knowing conversion with in my store.
Good company
beauty artist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 10, 2015
Pros: Good to employers, fair pay
Cons: overemphasis on brow waxing not enough on beauty
Management was great, they cared about their employees, pay was decent, the products were ok. their color needed help but had a few great products, they really pushed the brow services so that took over their focus.
Fun & girly place to work
Allocation/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free cosmetics
Cons: Lack of leader ship
Fun place to work, high energy! But can be stressful. Fast growing company that has growing pains. Fun & funky packaging for our cosmetics. And of course our saying "Laughter is the BEST COSMETICS"
Fun work environment with free make-up
Beauty Specialist and Freelance Make-Up Aristist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: free makeup, fun environment
Cons: not enough steady hours
I go to different Sephora's and Macy's in the Philadelphia, Jersey and Delaware county area to help promote and sell Benefit Cosmetics products. I usually work 5-6 hours on the weekends anywhere from once – more... to 8 times a month, depending on new products and event schedules.

I have learned a great deal about sales, make-up application, and what is in a certain product and how that chemical makeup effects the consumer. In learning about Benefit products, I have also learned a great deal about other competitive products and how Benefit may or may not differ.

The hardest part of my job has been learning how to sell to different regions and working with the different management teams outside of Benefit, i.e. Sephora and Macy's management teams. Every store has a different vibe and also sells different Benefit products.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work for a company that has wonderful products with fun and flirty packaging and gimmicks, and also uses honest pricing. Benefit is all about making women beautiful and having fun while doing so. My management and coworkers all have similar mentalities, which makes the work experience very positive. – less
Cosmetics is fun
Employee (Former Employee), TexasApril 5, 2015
Pros: Cosmetics was fun to sell and apply. Brand was fun and there was a lot of training.
Cons: Way too idle for me. Benefit was great but Macy's struggled and it showed.
Cosmetics is always fun and the coworkers are great. It was way too idle for me at this mall. Very slow and the store I worked in was not a destination store at all. The store really struggled to get customers and the management was frustrated from the top down, in Macy's. Benefit is a great company with great pay and benefits.
Fun and Empowering Workplace
Boutique Proprietor (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
Never a dull moment in this fast paced, fun-filled boutique ! An ever-expanding company with a small business feel, Benefit allows their leaders to take risks and think outside the box to deliver results !
fun job poor compensation
Aesthetician (Current Employee), walnut creek caMarch 18, 2015
I love my job and what I do but I am not compensated accordingly.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Productive and high volume environment.
Sales (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: discounts, fun environment, lovely co-workers.
Cons: low hours.
A typical day at work consist of customer service, cosmetic sales, stocking products. I have learned how to interact with different types for people and satisfy their needs. Management is very flexible, – more... organized, and understanding. The most challenging part of my position would be making my sales goal when traffic is slow. I love my co-workers because everyone is a team player... the most enjoyable part of my job would be satisfying the needs of every customer I encounter. – less
Exciting day
Freelancer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 3, 2015
Making clients happy, making sure they leave happy with their new products and assuring they had a great time beginning there.
Exciting Brow Bar with fun cosmetics
Lead Arch Expert (Current Employee), PinoleMarch 1, 2015
The Job itself is fun. It's an easy enviroment and I love being able to get to know my guests.The most enjoyable thing is showing the guests their finished brows and seeing their reaction.
Fun and exciting place to work
Counter Manager/Make-up Artist (Former Employee), Springfield, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great products
Cons: not to many people knew about the product when i first stared.
The best part of working for a makeup company is one the makeup. Benefit has some very good fix it products for woman who don't like to wear to much makeup.
Outgoing and fun work atmosphere!
Esthetician (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: continued support and on-going training for employees
Cons: not enough money to live off of
My typical day at work involves greeting customers and trying to convert them into getting a service done as well as making sales within the cosmetic line I represent, Benefit. I've learned how to gain – more... clientele and to keep my clients coming back. The management is great, my GM and all other managers are wonderful. As for my co-workers, they're incredibly supportive and always willing to help. The hardest part of my job as an arch expert is making sure I traffic stop and rebook my clients. What I do enjoy most about my job is catering to my clients and making sure they feel confident and beautiful after they've had a service. – less
Its a retail position that requires a lot of customer interaction
Marketing Coordinator/Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Skokie, ILDecember 2, 2014
Have to build clientele and attract clients by showcasing and demonstrating products and communicating with clients.
Avoid the Southpark Location
Aesthetician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: hours, no opportunity, poor communication, lackadaisical managers, catty women
I worked for Benefit for one year and it was a horrifying experience. As a USAF veteran I didn't know what PTSD was until after I quit. With no formal training as an Aesthetician at the counter I was responsible – more... for making service, product sales, rebooking and conversion goals. I was able to make some goals but not all as some were very ambitious. Each service was supposed to be about 20 minutes -intake, sale, consult, sale, wax/tweeze, sale, rebook and pass them to BAs to make more sales.

The retail manager was money hungry and never paid positive feedback unless her boss (regional manager) made her. After being prescribed anxiety medication from the scandal of Benefit I got a final warning from corporate when I threatened to hire an employment attorney. Needless to say that the turnover is alarmingly high. Six employees in a year and a half... and what company hides the human resources department contact information? Seriously, don't work for Benefit unless you are a robot or hard up for a job. – less
Prettycool
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), las vegasOctober 25, 2014
I liked working for Benefit, but i was more about artistry and they just didnt get that
wonderful company culture
ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER, GLOBAL SERVICES (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2014
Had the privilege of working with this brand during tremendous growth.
Fun and energic work environment!
Freelance artist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: not enough hours.
Hello gorgeous! Let's play.
My co-workers are awesome, the customers are amazing. I enjoyed everything about this job.
Great Work Environment
FREELANCER/SALES (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2014
I love to work with many people. I have a great approach to get clients to sit in the chair. I am always smiling and greeting every client. Notify them of current promotion/event that is currently happening – more... on that day/Month. I love speaking to every client and letting them know what products they can use to benefit them. I ask what products they currently use. I get to know them and build a relationship. So they become a client of Benefit Cosmetics. I always build the sale and clients love the products that I use on them . – less
Great company, great cosmetics.
Beauty Account Specialist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great company, great cosmetics. fun environment
I have had a great working relationship with my supervisor. I love working for this company. The supervisors treat you like a person.
creative and fun company who loves their employees
Counter Manager-Irvine, CA (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 25, 2014
training employees on product and selling techniques
reaching sales goals: individually,daily, weekly and monthly
selling products