Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Fun, creative, and positive place to work.
Boutique Proprietor (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 29, 2016
Benefit Cosmetics is a fun, creative, and inspiring atmosphere in which to work. I am constantly being motivated to do better and to grow, and the company compensates its employees well. I thoroughly enjoy the interaction I have with my clients and getting to know them personally through product interaction and salon services. The most challenging aspect of my job includes thinking of innovative ways to grow our business, but I have a lot of freedom in the manner in which I can network and gain additional clientele.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, work-life balance
Upbeat environment with a great pay. Working as a cosmetologist be prepared to have no life outside of work. Long work hours.
Lead Sales Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CANovember 4, 2016
The company has a fun and bright feel. The pay and gratis is a huge plus. The hours can be long for full time or lead positions. Management can make the work experience either amazing or a bit stressful. But the company has a great formula for success.
Pros
High pay, gratis, fun company
Cons
Management, long hours, stressful
Fun Atmosphere
Lead Sales Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 12, 2016
Benefit Cosmetics is a great place to start your Esthetics career. It is very retail driven so make sure that you are comfortable with sales because that is more important than providing waxing services! Fun place to work but you work a lot and the management isn't very successful..
Pros
Walk in clientele
Cons
In the middle of a department store, no privacy for clients!
Pros and cons
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
While the general idea of benefit is to promote a "girlfriend" experience it is often a Mean Girls environment with obvious favoritism and often encourages a competitive vs team atmosphere.
Employees in equal positions are not all held accountable the same way, tips are not always paid in a timely manner and advancement is difficult.
However the base pay and product commission is Standard and the gratis program allows you to try the products which do what they say they will and are affordable to most customers.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
No work/life balance, unprofessional employees, favortism
Not the best
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 29, 2016
Made a mistake leaving an old job. Was told of full time hours. Hours are constantly being cut. No advancement. I applied for a management position with all my many years of managing and supervising, I wasn't good enough.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Pay and hourly cuts
Free Make-up
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 14, 2016
No work life balance, unprofessional co-workers. Not a very healthy environment, to they ask a lot from you even if your producing. Free make-up is the best part.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Always fun & flexible
Freelance Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2016
I love working for the company as a freelance artist, it gives me the flexibility to balance home and work life without taking up to much time from the other. As a freelance you don't get mich benefits but pay is good, and it is fun!
Competitive and fun work environoment
Freelance Make- up Artist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2016
Working for Benefit was awesome! If you love the brand and the products you believe in them and work becomes your play ground! Of course there are goals that need to be met and there were times that I would have to really WORK to make those goals, but that is with any brand or company that strives for the best and wants to continue to stay relevant in a very competitive market! Working with other Bebe-babes was always fun, sometimes challenging but none the less worth every minute of the experience. Best part of this job is helping women feel better about themselves and feel prettier. The gratis is pretty awesome too!
Pros
awesome gratis, meeting other bene-babes
Cons
competitive, challenging goals
Love this company
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 2, 2016
I worked for a benefit brow bar in Ulta. I loved it. Pay was great. Management was great. And trainings were amazing. I highly recommend anyone that's into helping people and making money apply
A fun company to work for!!!
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  FLNovember 18, 2016
I enjoyed working for Benefit. You get a lot of great perks. Management is understanding and easy to work with. Clients are easy going. Really no complaints.
Pros
makeup
Cons
hours
Awesome Company to work for
Retail Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 21, 2016
I loved working for Benefit Cosmetics.Benefit offers great training and supports their employees . I was able to develop a great skill set,that helped me to grow my own business and help others grow.
Vibrant work environment with a fun twist
Boutique Proprietor (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CTNovember 15, 2016
Benefit cosmetics takes your typical cosmetic brand it turns it on its side. A sales focused make-up and skin care brand with the addition of esthetic services, Benefit boutiques bring estheticians and make up artists together in an up beat and creative atmosphere.
really fun
Benefit Arch Expert (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 12, 2016
I love this job and interacting with guest on the daily basis my co-worker and manager were so supporting
Benefit is a fun company to work for and there are always opportunities to move up.
Not the place to be
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2016
It is a toxic environment, french driven management.
Not too much room to grow if you are in middle level management.

Most people will not stay for more than 2 years.
n/a
Lead Sales Aesthetician & Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 28, 2016
Its a fun energetic company to work for. I loved the full body waxing and the constant movement you could make within the company.
A great place to learn
Retail Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2016
During my time at Benefit, I learned a lot about how to launch new products, sustaining product awareness & launching brow services in new retail environments.
great place to work but not for long-term.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAOctober 14, 2015
I enjoyed my co workers and the pay was great. They expect a lot out of their employees. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day and being able to get time off.
Pros
co-workers, culture, fun, room for growth
Cons
hard to get time off, no work/life balance, long days, management
fun to make someone feel pretty
Santa Rosa- Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Its like a roller coaster, I love that I got a chance to explore a whole new workforce experience.I wouldn't of thought that i would like to make cosmetology as a life career.
Fun environment, nice events, good quality products
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 29, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of traffic stopping customers and and brow mapping them with our 4 fake its and one fix its, Learned how to pull a customer and make a sale and double it by sitting the customer down and gaining their confidence. The management sometimes was not stable, when we did have consistency in made a huge difference. The hardest part of the job was maybe trying to make sales when it was so slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients that I got to build relationships with and stay in touch with. Also the cute events and costumes we got to wear during the events
Pros
cute events, training's, and gratis
Cons
no advancements, or growth in the company
Cosmetics is fun
Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 5, 2015
Cosmetics is always fun and the coworkers are great. It was way too idle for me at this mall. Very slow and the store I worked in was not a destination store at all. The store really struggled to get customers and the management was frustrated from the top down, in Macy's. Benefit is a great company with great pay and benefits.
Pros
Cosmetics was fun to sell and apply. Brand was fun and there was a lot of training.
Cons
Way too idle for me. Benefit was great but Macy's struggled and it showed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benefit Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.