Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Fun and Exciting
Beauty Artist/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAOctober 2, 2017
Working for Benefit was always fun and exciting. Management was strong and kept the workplace culture super positive. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new clients and having great relationships with co-workers as well.
Pros
Great Product Education and Workplace
Bully girls, terrible place to work! Be careful!
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CASeptember 7, 2017
This is a terrible high school pick on you yell at you unprofessional company. Trust me and stick to buying the makeup instead of working here, they stress you out and don't resolve problems! I felt like mud everyday and management only cares about numbers. You are never good enough. I got out of there fast!!!
Pros
free samples
Cons
management doesn't care about you
fun people and cool benefits
Wax Specialist, Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CASeptember 5, 2017
typical day starts with driving to work, clocking in, taking clients and cleaning between. then I would take a lunch come back and continue with the day. Ending the day with cleaning our stations, doing reminder calls and clocking out.
Very fun
Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
A typical work day consisted of customer service, product sales and waxing services. The workplace culture was very lively and fun. The most enjoyable part of my job was my clients.
Literally the most amazing company anyone could be a part of.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO +200 miles radiusAugust 10, 2017
It's a family not colleagues. Great management and great corp leaders. It really is family. They always give recognition and give you all the tools you need to be successful
Pros
Cons
Must be able to adapt to quick changes
The most fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 9, 2017
Passionate about their products and amazing training! It's upbeat, fun and the customers are the icing on the cake! And not to mention the cutest packaging
Pros
Fun, fast environment, makeup and customer connections
Cons
Need more boutiques!
Makeup Artist
Beauty Advisor/Makeup ArtistBeauty advisor (Current Employee) –  SoHo, NYAugust 3, 2017
• Makeup Consultations.
• Keep track of all inventory while ordering any inventory needed in the store.
• Verify and separate all damaged and returned merchandise from customers and properly document damaged and returned items for loss prevention purposes.
• Build and keep very close relationship with customers by providing full individual customer service experience
• Promote store events, Greet and educate customers of the Benefit products and any special offers such as limited items and pre-sale upcoming merchandise.
Pros
Amazing Company
Cons
Wish we had more color to play with
Retail Life
Freelance Makeup Artist/ Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 31, 2017
As a Freelance artist, I go into stores to bring more light to the Benefit Cosmetics products, I am there to bring more business to the brand.It helps to know the products and which ones compliment each other to help up-sell. Benefit is a fun cosmetic brand that likes to bring the party and that keeps the energy of selling more enjoyable for you and the customers. One thing that may make the job difficult, is having a slow day and not having customers to show the products. Other than that, the atmosphere and the people are pleasant to work with.
Pros
working with makeup
Cons
sell, sell, sell
Awesome
Senior Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2017
Good team, good culture, good company to work for.
Good perks, good work/life balance.
Fast-paced, fast growing company. Fun environment, office location is good.
Beauty advisor
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 17, 2017
Really fun job if you're into makeup and a great seller! It's a fast paced working environment and also occasionally slow so you really have to know how to sell even on a slow day.
Fun and creative company to work for.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA 94520June 13, 2017
Extensive training and product knowledge. Room to grow within the company. High volume of clients to wax. Very reputable company. Brand stays true to their principles.
Greedy Company
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLJune 10, 2017
There was zero opportunity to grow I was over worked. Not enough training. Pay wasn't enough. I enjoyed management and the free cosmetics, but that's about it.
Pros
Free makeup
Productive and Motivational Company
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMay 17, 2017
This is an amazing company to work for. I'm extremely supported at every location I travel to and my advice is taken into account. Wonderful management team
Fun and Friendly
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MiamiMay 9, 2017
Responsible for achieving sales targets while promoting brand image, responsible for the achievement of retail objectives in store, lead and supported team by setting the ultimate example, maximized on all sales opportunities and ensured the team provided the best customer service and shopping experience possible.
Fun, interactive, supportive company!
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 2, 2017
I worked with Benefit thru Ulta at the Benefit Brow Bar. I really enjoyed the job on the whole. I'd only been out of school a few years, when I started with the company. I learned a lot about myself and how to interact with all types of people. I loved the products, the training, the support of the RAM. It's fun and upbeat, if you work the business like it's basically laid out to do-you will build a clientele and make money. I was fortunate to have great management, who were very supportive and encouraging, even when I left to expand my career. I enjoyed the activity around the brow bar with other employees and customers that came into ULTA.

The hardest part of the job was probably the ever increasing sales goals, without commission. But overall a great place to start out because you are doing services, retail sales and customer service all at the same time. Plus who doesn't like to play with makeup and help people have amazing brows!
Pros
Walk in traffic, training and management support, gratis, positivity, fun and innovative products
Cons
increasing sales goals without commission
Product
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2017
Great company and culture. Work life balance is VERY strong and FUN is incorporated into everything you do. The products are fantastic and the social media presence makes it easy to sell.
Pros
Culture and Brand
Benebabe for LIFE
EDUCATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 16, 2017
I love this company, because they are fun and you get to express yourself freely. I feel lots of love and support from my management and there are always possibility of advancement.
pretty decent
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 28, 2017
i work 5 days a week at benefit cosmetics at Macy's Herald Sq 34 st.
I've learned how to build client books and talking to the customers and getting them to know more about our products.
Great opportunity
Retail Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2017
This was the company that got me to learn what I was capable of doing. I was able to learn how manage, train, educate, work with management, travel, and to be a great regional manager. It showed me what I loved to do.
Fun customer service, travel and product knowlage
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 15, 2017
This was a fun experience which I had the opprotunity to freelance in various places in the greater Seattle area where Benefit Cosmetics were sold. I had a sales goal at each location which was fun to challange. I met alot of people and got to travel around the city. Some sales goals were difficult to make due to lack of customers. That was the primary reason I was directed to a location was to boost sales persay or take part in a trade show.
Pros
Traveling and meeting people/product knowlage
Cons
The job security was poor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benefit Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.