Benefit Recovery Employee Reviews in United States

Very nice people, fun place to work.
Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2016
Work was always fun, there was always something to do to keep you busy. The people that I worked with were great, I've never met nicer people before anywhere else, great job!
Pros
Benefits, Room for growth.
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks.. Lack of staff
Worst Company So Far That I've Work For
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
This is a sorry company and I really can't wait until I find me something better to move on from there. The pay suck, benefits is horrible and I'm not to found of the location.

There's really nothing about this company that I like which would make me wanna stay there for some time...NOT.

I wouldn't tell anyone about this company nor about any opened positions that this company has to offered.
Fun and laid back work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2016
The atmosphere is friendly and our jobs are done with efficiency and professionalism. I love the responsibilities I have but also the bond that we all share.
Pros
good benefits, fair vacation, casual environment, great management
Awesome company but..
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
This was an amazing company. I'm not a morning person, but I loved to get up in the mornings just to go to work. I was told in the interview that I would receive a 3 month eval. and raise. AT my 3 months i thought maybe my boss forgot. So i waited another month still nothing. At my 6 months i decided to ask her what was going on. And she said they do the eval after a year and i quote she said "they USUALLY give raises. That raised an eyebrow for me, so i started talking to my coworkers and was informed people haven't received raises in over five years, that in face they've gotten a dollar or so taken away. I was always being challenged to do more but never rewarded. If i would have received a pay raise and praise for the work, I would still be there. But... things didn't work out. Felt like a slave.
Pros
medical insurance, amazing coworkers, wonderful boss
Cons
money, dental insurance
Friendly productive nice management
Billing Specialist/DoD Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
Benefit recovery was a fun and productive place to work.There always something to do. The staff and management were friendly and nice.
Too many chiefs
Recovery Specialist / Appeals & Billing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2015
Followed up on accounts and appealed claims that did not pay or were underpaid. This company actually moved from San Antonio back to Houston. This is the location of their corporate office.
Pros
Variety of work to do.
Cons
Management was not the greatest.
Small business and very good place to work
Appeals Analyst/ Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 17, 2015
Outstanding place to work, no problems with management. most enjoyable part of this job is that management is not on your back laid back.
Loved this Job
Third Party Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2013
If you can get a job with them get one. You do have to negotiate a good starting salary because raises are not good!
Pros
get to work independantly
Cons
low pay
Fast pace work emviroment
SUPERVISOR / MEDICAL BILLING SPEC (Former Employee) –  Houston,TxAugust 6, 2012
A typical day would be to come in to the office check emails, then begin my work day which is to check staff time and productivity then audit their work from the day prior. I also did call and verify and billing for this company. What I learned from working for this company was how to work in a team based enviroment. Different department had different management and different management styles and rules. I liked working with many of the people there.The hardest part of the job was the different managers creating their own rules that was not in line with the company policies. What was most enjoyable about the company was the schedule,and the pleasent enviroment.
Pros
the schedule
Cons
your job depended on the company getting and keeping contracts
Fun and relaxed place to work
Third Party Verifier (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 27, 2015
This was a contracted position, but located at David Grant Medical Center on Travis, AFB. Everyone was great, work environment was good and co workers couldn't be more pleasant. Hours were flexible and over all a great experience. I had only wished it were permanent and not contracted.
Lack of communication
Recovery Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
This organization did not offer me the opportunity to grow as an individual, so I did not have the chance to enhance my learning skills.
Pros
discussing patient’s account with the insurance carriers concerning payments
Cons
not enough on the job training
Superior technology
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2013
Fast paced, leader in Denials Management, software development
Good Job
Third Party Insurance Biller (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 29, 2013
I loved this job! It was just a good place to work, the people were great and the job was just what I like to do. Help the elderly fill out their paperwork and answer their questions. The bosses were great and very friendly.
Pros
every thing
Cons
contract exspired
I enjoyed completing my externship with Benefits Recovery!
Externship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxOctober 28, 2013
It was a learning experience in insurance field. I completed two hundred hours.
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2013
Look for errors on claims that have been processed already. If they werent process correctly call the insuranc company and have them reprocess claim.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
insurance and billing
Medical Insurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2013
learned insurance and billing with the DoD side and Civilian side