Benefit Recovery Employee Reviews

Fun work place!
Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2016
The company as the job duties are exciting and interesting. We write appeals to insurance carrier for underpayment and make corrections on claim that were billed incorrectly or generate claims that are not on file with the insurance company.
Pros
You are not micro-managed, are free to conduct your work freely.
Cons
The company is big on production, this sometimes can stop one from looking into an account that needs more research.
No fun sometimes we get free cake.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2016
My day I come to work every day and not miss any days. When I came in morning, I focus on morning work. I received work assignment daily basic. I do 40 to 60 accounts per day.
The hardest part of job people attitude.
Me I get long with everyone in staff.
My enjoyable part of the job: Be happy and I enjoy working.
Pros
when coworkers birthday party we all pitch in.
Cons
I never take break, but I do some times.
Not structured
Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2016
No formal training provided. No room to advance and compensation is not up to par. I was never happy and struggled to make production the entire time employed.
Pros
Cons
I had coworkers that we're very knowlegable been there 8yrs with no raise
Good
RECOVERY SPECIALIST I-TEAMLEAD (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2016
Good place to work, assistant senior manager is bias and tends to hire on her own personal feelings instead of a persons ability to do the job and will get you fired if she dosent like you
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
Bad management
Medical Billing Clerk for third party payors
Other Health Insurance Billing Clerk (OHI Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLAugust 11, 2016
Verifying other billable health insurance from military retirees and dependents that utilize the base hospital, clinic and pharmacy. Insurance verification either telephonically or on-line, monthly financial reports, maintains electronic other health insurance program. E-2569 program and address any technical issues users within the facility may have. I trained new employees on the program while maintaining monthly training requirements through continual hands on within all clinics. I performed monthly audits on performances to the Medical Group Commander to meet Air Force standards. Other Health Insurance (OHI) clean-up projects and research-trouble shoot non covered claims. Maintaining confidentiality of all information according to HIPAA guidelines, Federal DoD guidelines and state laws, as well as company policies and procedures
Pros
Hours of operations
Cons
Contract renewal
Fun and laid back work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2016
The atmosphere is friendly and our jobs are done with efficiency and professionalism. I love the responsibilities I have but also the bond that we all share.
Pros
good benefits, fair vacation, casual environment, great management
Cons
Very nice people, fun place to work.
Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2016
Work was always fun, there was always something to do to keep you busy. The people that I worked with were great, I've never met nicer people before anywhere else, great job!
Pros
Benefits, Room for growth.
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks.. Lack of staff
Friendly productive nice management
Billing Specialist/DoD Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
Benefit recovery was a fun and productive place to work.There always something to do. The staff and management were friendly and nice.
Too many chiefs
Recovery Specialist / Appeals & Billing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2015
Followed up on accounts and appealed claims that did not pay or were underpaid. This company actually moved from San Antonio back to Houston. This is the location of their corporate office.
Pros
Variety of work to do.
Cons
Management was not the greatest.
Worst Company So Far That I've Work For
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
This is a sorry company and I really can't wait until I find me something better to move on from there. The pay suck, benefits is horrible and I'm not to found of the location.

There's really nothing about this company that I like which would make me wanna stay there for some time...NOT.

I wouldn't tell anyone about this company nor about any opened positions that this company has to offered.
Small business and very good place to work
Appeals Analyst/ Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 17, 2015
Outstanding place to work, no problems with management. most enjoyable part of this job is that management is not on your back laid back.
Fast pace work emviroment
SUPERVISOR / MEDICAL BILLING SPEC (Former Employee) –  Houston,TxAugust 6, 2012
A typical day would be to come in to the office check emails, then begin my work day which is to check staff time and productivity then audit their work from the day prior. I also did call and verify and billing for this company. What I learned from working for this company was how to work in a team based enviroment. Different department had different management and different management styles and rules. I liked working with many of the people there.The hardest part of the job was the different managers creating their own rules that was not in line with the company policies. What was most enjoyable about the company was the schedule,and the pleasent enviroment.
Pros
the schedule
Cons
your job depended on the company getting and keeping contracts
Fun and relaxed place to work
Third Party Verifier (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 27, 2015
This was a contracted position, but located at David Grant Medical Center on Travis, AFB. Everyone was great, work environment was good and co workers couldn't be more pleasant. Hours were flexible and over all a great experience. I had only wished it were permanent and not contracted.
Awesome company but..
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
This was an amazing company. I'm not a morning person, but I loved to get up in the mornings just to go to work. I was told in the interview that I would receive a 3 month eval. and raise. AT my 3 months i thought maybe my boss forgot. So i waited another month still nothing. At my 6 months i decided to ask her what was going on. And she said they do the eval after a year and i quote she said "they USUALLY give raises. That raised an eyebrow for me, so i started talking to my coworkers and was informed people haven't received raises in over five years, that in face they've gotten a dollar or so taken away. I was always being challenged to do more but never rewarded. If i would have received a pay raise and praise for the work, I would still be there. But... things didn't work out. Felt like a slave.
Pros
medical insurance, amazing coworkers, wonderful boss
Cons
Money, dental insurance
Lack of communication
Recovery Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
This organization did not offer me the opportunity to grow as an individual, so I did not have the chance to enhance my learning skills.
Pros
Discussing patient’s account with the insurance carriers concerning payments
Cons
Not enough on the job training
Productive, fast paced work place
Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2013
I enjoyed the continuous flow of work as well as the variety of tasks. This allows employees to become well rounded knowledgeable of different programs and software.
Loved this Job
Third Party Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2013
If you can get a job with them get one. You do have to negotiate a good starting salary because raises are not good!
Pros
Get to work independantly
Cons
Low pay
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2013
Look for errors on claims that have been processed already. If they werent process correctly call the insuranc company and have them reprocess claim.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
I enjoyed completing my externship with Benefits Recovery!
Externship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxOctober 28, 2013
It was a learning experience in insurance field. I completed two hundred hours.
insurance and billing
Medical Insurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2013
learned insurance and billing with the DoD side and Civilian side

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benefit Recovery. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9