BenefitMall Employee Reviews

Think twice before applying
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2017
Toxic work environment. The company is not selective with who they hire. Not near enough pay for what is expected. Terribly understaffed.Employees are not treated equally.
Pros
Can work independently
Cons
Overworked with little staffing
Employees are not valued
Payroll Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 31, 2017
Salaried position presented as a team environment averaging 45 hours per week. Neither the team, nor the supervisor, had the knowledge to support the Payroll Account Manager position. The role frequently required 60-80 hours a week. Management would not assist despite numerous requests, one-on-one's, and meetings to discuss the work load and progress.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
Zero work-life balance
Good atmosphere and hard workers
THIRD PARTY BILLING ADMINISTRATOR-TPA (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 15, 2017
The atmosphere is a good one and the stress level doesn't stay at a high level after our busiest period is over. The company has good core values and they strive to grow. I feel that I am well compensated for a job well done. Management is not as professional as I would like although we reach our goals and work cohesively together. The most difficult part of my job is not being able to control some situations due to third party partnership. Therefore at times, I am delayed in doing my best for a client because it is out of my control at that moment. I've learned that consistency and hard work is key to stay on top of my assignments. I think if the potential for growth were there for me then I would consider remaining. However, my goal is to grow , learn new skills and use those that I have to the best of my ability.
Horrible, Mismanaged, Unfair and Beware!
Broker Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2017
This is the worst place I've ever worked. I was told after I started, that 2 people had walked out on my job previously. Shortly realized that Management was unethical and vindictive and downright crazy mean. Avoid this mismanaged and mixed up place! Fourth Quarter is a nightmare here and get ready to put in very long hours and weekends.
Pros
Decent location off the Dallas North Tollway
Cons
Mismanaged, Unfair and No work/life balace
not a fun place to work
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 17, 2017
There is no work life balance, extremely stressful. Micro management constantly. Co-workers are very nice but there is no opportunity to talk to one another as you are constantly monitor.
My boss run metrics every week and time you to see how long it takes you to complete the assigned task giving every week.
Pros
n/a
4.5 years employment
Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 4, 2017
Loved working here, because fortunately I didn't work in the Dallas office. Middle level management is great. Upper level management is very lacking.
Opportunity to shape change
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2017
solid place to get good industry exposure, make great relationships, and work on continuing to build your skill set. Make sure you are a strong self-learner.
great people
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 3, 2017
I enjoy working for benefit mall but due to recent restructuring things feel a little shaky. I wotk with great people in my branch but upper management seems to make decisions with a blindfold on
Broker Sales Reps were the backbone of the sales teams
Broker Sales Representative (BSR) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2017
If you were lucky enough to work with a strong Sales Rep you were successful. I was lucky and worked with a good rep who was not meeting his numbers so we worked together to accomplish getting the sales numbers up.
Pros
You are pretty much left alone to do the job.
Cons
Management was always changing things and never satisfied
Over worked, Under Paid
Sr. Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2017
Everyone is overworked at BenefitMall. Terrible service desk department attitude. No good leaders in management. Insurance options are good if you are healthy. Benefits can be a plus. Managers do not give away power and some of employees need to be pushed to work and others are over burdened.
Pros
Health conscious and volunteering focused environment
Cons
Lacks structure and life-work balance
Great team
Broker Sales (Former Employee) –  MDFebruary 20, 2017
Serious lack in management and leadership. Constant negativity and pointing of fingers. No organization of internal processes.
Pros
good people
Cons
management, no growth
Fair
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2017
Benefitmall is a very fair place to work. You are required to make your quota and given the tools you are needed to do so. However like any sales job there is stress and there is increased stress over the holidays. End of year is the busiest time. It is not great as it conflicts with your holiday prep.
Pros
It is an average sales job. Great place to gain sales knowledge/
Cons
Not competitive enough with the bigger payroll companies. Or good enough.
Terrible management in Accounting
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2017
This was by far the worst company I worked for in my entire life.. I don't recommend working for this company to anyone, very stressful and sickening. Managers were terrible people who took sides of people who were Jealous of others.. This company I don't recommend to anyone and if you are a Temp don't hold your breath, just forget about being hired.. This company's manager tried to ruin my life for no apparent reason.. Please don't work for this company thinking you'll one day reach the TOP, no chance ever.. Thanks
Pros
Absoulute none
Cons
Micro managers to the max
Fun workplace
Notice Resolution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 22, 2016
Everyone gets along to help everybody out. Work is doable. Job/worklife is pretty balance which is big plus. Everyone celebrates their coworkers achievements.
Great place to learn about the health insurance industry
Broker Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2016
I only knew the carrier side of the health insurance industry, but since I started working for BenefitMall I have learned all carriers and products offered in this industry. Environment is laid back and management new.
Worst job ever
Lead Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2016
This company started a new department which was producing and closed it within a year leaving 9+ people with families without jobs right before christmas with no explanation. All while still posting new jobs when telling employees there was a hiring freeze. Don't put yourself in that situation... stay far far away from this downhill trap.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Very busy
Tax Payment Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 12, 2016
Extremely busy all the time. Great group of people to work with. You must be a hard worker in order to work for this company.
Fantastic company when operating at desired level
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 21, 2016
The position I held as a payroll specialist was great, the business was run well and employees and management got along very well. Business ran smoothly with happy stable clients.
The company chose to close a branch in the north east prior to year end which caused tremendous chaos amongst all involved. The clients were not happy that their local processors and distribution branch were no longer available. They were forced to be abruptly transitioned to reps unfamiliar with their accounts and the intricacies involved that their tenured specialists had become accustomed to.
The management in the office where I worked was unprepared for the backlash of issues that the new clients brought and could not support the team. This led to a mass exodus with staff, including tenured specialists and management.
Pros
Great as a small business payroll provider
Cons
Systems are outdated and not able to handle an overloaded volume
Great place for learning and working
UI Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2016
Great colleagues and friendly environment to work on and gain experience.
Experience working with different tools
Learned a lot making during internship
Insurance Commission Analyst/Revenue accounting (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
Productive, energetic, team player great management, and co-workers hardest part of the job was leaving the most enjoyable part was working with such a friendly team and hard working
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BenefitMall. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4