BenefitMall Employee Reviews in United States

Insurance Commission Analyst/Revenue accounting (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
Productive, energetic, team player great management, and co-workers hardest part of the job was leaving the most enjoyable part was working with such a friendly team and hard working
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
n/a
Poor Management
Commission Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 31, 2015
A typical day at work would be a call into the Manager's office because you made a mistake due to "inadequate" training. You then get yelled at because you take an initiative that would help the company, but because the Supervisor in insecure, she runs to the Manager to complain. My co-workers were great to work with and we helped each other out when needed. An employee was fired after 9 years and a Customer Service Rep walked out. Another temp finally got fed up and left,

Whatever you do, do not work for this company and do not work with their agency.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Manger & Supervisor need to be replaced with humanity.
Great place for learning and working
UI Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2016
Great colleagues and friendly environment to work on and gain experience.
Experience working with different tools
Learned a lot making during internship
productive face pace excellent place to work in.
Insurance Administrative assistant (consultant) (Current Employee) –  pompano floridaJanuary 26, 2016
excellent company to work for. management is very hands on and provides all required to make your job easier and interesting.
Pros
fast pace, lots to learn, work very hard to provide customers with their needs
Cons
was a consultant position
Superb Management Team with Dynamic Company Culture
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2016
The management and staff was wonderful. Teamwork played a major part in accomplishing the company;s goals and objectives, I had a great time working there, It was sad when my contract ended .
Pros
Great management team
Cons
No enough training
I dont recommend
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMarch 24, 2016
Company is a mess, from the management down. I would strongly recommend not working here unless you have a plan on pulling out all of your hair
Sink or Swim Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Great company for opportunities in your career growth.The team environment is great but the leadership all the way to the top is broken.
Pros
Able to grow
Cons
Leadership
I love my job!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, MESeptember 1, 2015
Management at my current job is amazing. They are constantly showing their appreciation for the work that we do. We use this program that I have seen advertised on TV called Salesforce. I learned that very quickly. It is a great tool! I love talking to our customers everyday. Even in my short time there, I have built relationships with them. I will miss them as they slowly transition to their new branch down in Tampa, Florida. Having our office close is heartbreaking. I really love my job and the people that I work with.
Pros
Customers, co-workers, bonuses
Cons
It is ending far too soon
Benefitmall
Payroll Representative (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 22, 2015
I did not work there enough to comment on lost of these questions.

Work Week- 40 hrs
Work Life Balance- good
Management- poor. 5 supervisors in one year
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
Great compnay to work for
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  5 Depot Street, Freeport, Maine 04032August 24, 2015
I honestly love working for BenefitMall am very sad they are closing our office. Probably the best job I have ever had in every aspect.
Pros
Great work environment, good bebefits
Cons
Office is closing

Want to know more about BenefitMall?

Ask a question
Very busy work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreSeptember 1, 2015
Very busy days and everyday was doing something different. Overtime was offered which was a good thing. Nice people to work with.
Overall not a bad company
District Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 7, 2015
Overall this is a good company. Management is hit or miss. You basically have the freedom to do what you want as long as you're hitting your quota. However, like most sales positions, if you don't hit your quota they will let you go.
Pros
Great work/life balance, decent pay, entrepreneur work
Cons
Management can be contradictory
Terrible
payroll operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  freeport, meFebruary 18, 2015
i was expected to work almost 80 hours a week for months on end, and since I was salary I received no extra pay or even appreciation. God forbid something came up with my family where I could only do 60 hours in a given week, I was treated even worse then normal. The office manage would hire all her friends and then they would leave for "lunch" for about 2 hours, and as the payroll operations manager it was my job to ensure all payrolls made it to our customers on time. Well with half the payroll specialists taking 2 hour lunches everyday that put a tremendous strain on the rest of us. I brought this up the chain and was basically told to shut up and color. The whole place was ridiculous, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!
Pros
if it was mostly a 40 hr work week with some overtime the pay would've been ok
Cons
everything
Productive hardoworking team members
Regional New Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Great Company and good values, However they need some guidance with the management. Long hours and a lot of overtime in the months of December and January. No time off during these months which is difficult with family. I learned new things about taxes and how to audit taxes and wages for clients that currently have earnings for the year.
Pros
great people and good training
Cons
long hours, no family time
Horrible place phx AZ micro mngr
District Management (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, azDecember 26, 2014
Phx AZ can't hold on to her District mngr in the Phx AZ office. This place is a joke. They keep reps for 9 months and ask to bring everyone you know over to them then say sorry you signed a non compete clause so we own your accounts now in SF. TRUST ME DONT WK HERE ITS A JOKE. Manager suggest she is going to pull her hair out because can't handle stress and hounds reps for accts every month because she is afraid of losing job. Mngt can't handle pressure. Used car sales office
Pros
lunch
Cons
micro mngt every minute and zero leads
Interesting Company
Manager, Corporate Services (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 26, 2014
I managed eight employees including the entire admin staff and mailroom staff. I learned that when treated well, employees perform to the best of their abilities, and have better working relationships with each other. My co-workers were good at their jobs and willing to go the extra mile to get things done. The hardest part of the job was mediating conflicts between employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was resolving the conflicts employees had with each other. But I also enjoyed resolving a years long workflow issue within my department through a collaborative effort I started between the other department managers which helped the company maintain customers they would have otherwise lost due to a huge backlog in processing customer paperwork, right before a company downsizing.
awful
implementation (Current Employee) –  tampaJanuary 14, 2015
Benefitmall is a terrible company to work for. The upper management is terrible. They can't back up what they sell with good service. The benefits are terrible. They just reduced the PTO I was promised in my offer letter. Don't make the mistake of coming here. Keep looking!
Cons
no balance. horrible management. horrible benefit.
No Room For Growth
Administrative Assistant/Proposals Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 25, 2014
I typically work on a computer all day I process orders and requests from our clients.

Management directly in the office is okay, however upper level management does not seem to understand the ins and outs of the business.

The people I work with are very nice people.

I enjoy my job because my clients count of me to get them what they need as fast as I can. And they are grateful for my hard work.
Learned a lot about Insurance.
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 25, 2014
As part of the Sales Team, my responsibilities included but were not limited to running insurance proposals for brokers and their groups using an in-house quoting system.
Proposals on Carrier sights and other quoting engines such as HealthConnect.

Using census data, created proposals showing side-by-side comparison of various insurance carriers and their benefit plans.
Interacted with brokers on the telephone and via email to collect missing data needed to produce accurate proposals in a timely manner.
Banking and finance in an office Setting
ACH File Processor Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 20, 2013
Show up to work at 10:30 am (EST) and begin with logging in previous day number in a spreadsheet and review the file that were sent out that morning. managing duties such as reversals, or return items.

Later in the day came the busiest part of the day which is to release files for payroll which could easily surpass a million dollars on any given day. review, process, and confirm these files sent to 6 different financial institutions.

my work day would end at 7:30-8 pm (EST)

2.6