Benihana

Benihana Employer Reviews

nice establishment
Server/bartender (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 5, 2014
very fun and nice establishment. its enjoyable watching the chefs cook.
great place to work for students
Busser (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNMay 3, 2014
i had fun working there. the people were nice and friendly. the managers were always there for you when you needed them.the hardest part was the long hours.everyday working there was enjoyable.
Hectic workplace, but what else do you expect from a restaurant
Server (Former Employee), Edison, NJMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, decent pay
Cons: dead end
Working consists of running food out to chefs cooking at grills, bringing customers drinks/foods, and other typical waitering jobs.
FUN, great company to be a part with
SENIOR GM (Current Employee), Arcadia, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits/yearly appraisals
learned several important aspects of the hospitality business, all GMs had to generate your yearly budgets, great work culture all about the Japanese hospitality and attention to details, a bit challenging for new managers are the seating arrangements(communal dinning). It is great to belong to an impressive company that has continuous growth yearly.
Not the easiest place to work but it might be worth it.
Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free food. friendly work atmospherre. opportunity to make money.
Cons: difficult customers. inconsistant work load
Depending on location, your days can be easy or very difficult.
You learn a lot of great traits and skills in what it takes to run a success restaurant. Not to mention, plenty of information on Japanese Culture.
Good co-workers help make the work environment more enjoyable. But like any restaurant, you hope that they don't make the job more difficult – more... for you.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with poor clientele while knowing in most cases, management's hands are tied when it come to what they can do for you.
The most enjoyable part is the environment, being around good food, and good people – less
Benihana You Say?
Bus Boy (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJanuary 21, 2014
hey there benihana i miss working with you guys so i'm gonna make this short. work was hard everyday but very great for the mind, body, and soul. i learned that it takes guts and stamina for this job. management was stupid really. co-workers were mean. hard thing about this job was showing up on time. yet an enjoyable part of this job was you get to – more... smoke cigarettes on break in front of the old benihana not the new but the old. – less
Typical Day at Benihana
Hostess (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 18, 2014
A typical day at work I would greet over 100 customers, manage reservation and wait list. Answer 100+ phone calls, make reservations for customers. I learned how to use open table, and how to manage the dining room. Management was very helpful with training me the proper way, teaching me new things and correcting me when I did not do the right thing. – more... My co-workers were also very helpful, kind, and friendly. The hardest part of the job was when we would be overbooked and we'd be running behind with reservations and were not able to sit our guest on time. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing our customers leave the restaurants happy and satisfied. – less
Its always nice meeting new people.
Server (Current Employee), westbury, nyJanuary 15, 2014
I enjoyed helping customers. My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of my job, they make you feel at home
It can be fun at times but frustrating with some of the workers
Busser (Former Employee), Dearborn MichiganDecember 10, 2013
It's a fun side job if you have the right people working with you. If you don't though it can be one of the more frustrating times there. It's easy to balance your work from socializing all it takes is some thought as to how you are going to do things.
fun environvenment
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLNovember 25, 2013
The shifts are usually 10 hour shifts, I learned a lot of people skills, dealing with different age co-workers made it fun and interesting, when a customer is wrong and having to keep yourself together can be hard but learned how to cope with it and the most enjoyable part of this job was the environment and even though it was long daily shift, I only – more... worked 3 days a week. – less
Nice job for students
Server (Former Employee), Industry, CANovember 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch, fun atmosphere
Cons: lack of management training, employees are greedy, at will employment
Waiting tables, tips are split with chefs 50/50, customers can be rude, environment is hectic since you could serve two different groups at one table.
Productive and long but possibility of many headaches
Hostess (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunch and long breaks
Cons: management
- typical day is pretty steady with an inconsistent flow of customers

- learned in depth knowledge of crowd management and decision making

- management is typically erratic about decisions. No assistant manager likes the general manager. The general manager is often moody and you never know what kind of day you will have going into work. They can – more... be highly inconsiderate of schedule needs from employees. They don't do anything about complaints with coworkers and it usually takes something severely dramatic to happen before an employee is scolded.

-co-workers generally get along with one another but often play around and not take work too seriously

- hardest part is dealing with attitudes from customers and employees

- I do enjoy the free access to so much food and drinks and the long breaks between shifts – less
Worst place to work!
server (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIOctober 14, 2013
serve tables. co workers steal money from chefs, chefs do the same. bad tipping pool.
upbeat, fast pace, busy enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 1, 2013
I enjoyed working there a lot. The staff was extremely friendly and always helpful. The busy pace of it was very fun and made the day go by faster. I learned how to deal with different types of people and what they're taste buds have a knack for. I learned to smile constantly no matter what the issue was.
Interesting Summer Job
Hostess (Former Employee), Edison, NJSeptember 4, 2013
I only had this job for a short period on time, so there isn't a whole lot I can say about this job. Other than, I loved meeting the people I did at this job. My co-workers were a bunch of goofs and I loved them. Management wasn't all that great, but still a fun and interesting job.
Good Money
Server (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2013
Pros: food discount
Cons: fellow employees were greedy and cruel
There was an opportunity for good money to be made but the management that was there when I was employed made it very difficult to do so. Awful management that tried to give the company a makeover and failed horribly.
Productive, responsible
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: team worker
Cons: early at work
Over twenty years of experience as a financial executive in corporate Accounting & Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Public Accounting. Skills include: implementing accounting systems; controlling corporate records information systems; hiring, training & directing financial staff; coordinating treasury (cash management), tax, audit disciplines; – more... developing & managing financial strategies & procedures, internal controls, tax strategies and reporting requirements; – less
My work experiences
Hostess (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJFebruary 5, 2013
Stand countless hours on my feet, while maintaining a cheerful face, and over stressed by other duties not connected to the job duties of a hostess.
Great college server position
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Great for students and tips are great for daily expenses. You'll make a lot of friends when you're a team player with your fellow servers.
It is okay....
Server (Current Employee), Concord, CADecember 27, 2012
There is a nice environment working here... good co worker, decent management team.. the hardest part of the job is lack of supplies....

About Benihana

The main course at Benihana comes with an appetizer of culinary entertainment. A leader in full-service restaurants, the company's – Read more