Benihana Employee Reviews

Poor management and the customers that came in was just as bad.
Server (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2017
Most defiantly a place to work if you are a college student or young in age. If you have children or take care of bills I would not recommend this job to you depending on your role. Serving at Benihana is most defiantly a wild ride.
Pros
They feed you, very family orientated, and teaches you how to multi-task.
Cons
Poor management, no money for lunch, rude customers on the daily
Great Managers
Sushi Chef/Bartender/Host (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 11, 2017
Learned to give customer service above and beyond. Managers can be easily approached. Co workers support and help each other making the workplace fun and productive.
Benihana
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 9, 2017
Great Company will recommend this job to different people.Great atmosphere and great management. Enjoyed learning new cooking techniques and knife skills .
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Millburn, NJOctober 8, 2017
Everybody works together as a team at Benihana, it's like a family type of business. We try to achieve goals together. It's a domino effect type of business.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Job security amongst servers
Fast paced unique dinning
General Manager - Carlsbad (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 4, 2017
Benihana will teach you many things that you wont get from a normal restaurant experience. The Chef entertainment side is unique and fun. Due to this uniqueness, staffing can be difficult. I enjoyed my time there
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Staffing stress
always busy
Server (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 24, 2017
Decent place to work but you have to tip out the chefs and bussers and bartenders. it comes out to having to tip out 18%. You lose a lot of money. It's a lot of hard labor as well.
It wasn't terrible but i'd rather not do it again
BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 21, 2017
We had 4 managers that didn't properly communicate, or have a general understanding of what was going on, the bussers and the servers had a ridiculous hierarchy, there was too much workplace gossip, and while there were consistent workplace hours, there was inconsistent workflow. It's pretty much a job where you find the system and work it to your advantage, or you should find a new job, cause it's not rewarding at all. Enough customers skip out on their meals for it to be a problem, some are drunk, some are rude and some are disgusting, or leave trash literally everywhere conceivable. Expect your job expectations to change whenever convenient.
Pros
generally consistent breaks, occasional parties
Cons
treatment of workers, Clientele, managers often lack control
Productive Day at Work
Host (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 19, 2017
Completing to go orders on time, seating reservation with customer satisfaction, completing orders in a timely fashion and satisfying each customers need with a smile.
great place--if you can work hard.
Hibachi Chef/summer internship (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 18, 2017
They train well. They have great management. Their style is clean and impeccable, mixing Asian fusion with classical french styles. The management cares about you and your income and works to improve your life and paycheck. For a corporate place it was a phenomenal experience.
Pros
free lunch great management timeless style
Cons
long hours hard work
face paced serving job.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 18, 2017
as a server at Benihana id typically work about 4-5 days a week with mostly night shifts. it always varied. the management was great and treated you with respect and friendliness. the pay was amazing as long as u did an amazing job. just got to be a good people person.
Great Experience
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2017
Its a cool work environment its extremely professional when it comes to getting work done I believe that if we can all work together we can make team work make the dream work.
Pros
break time
I enjoyed working for this corporation.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2017
I just wish I wasn't penilized for an injury by my hours being cut. I also dont appreciate the facts I was never offered a raise, and regardless to how hard I worked, I couldn't receive a promotion or a raise.
Pros
50% off meals, 1-2 hr breaks
Productive and fun.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYAugust 30, 2017
It was very nice working here. All the managers and all my coworkers were helpful and nice to be around overall. This was my first real job and i learned so much from working here.
james
DishWasher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2017
I just had a good time being there everyone was polite to me and the hours was great the location was great and they show me a few things about cleaning all seafoods and putting things in the freezer and it was just cool working there.....
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Unorganized and poorly run restuarant
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 17, 2017
I had trouble rating the management because at the time there was a kitchen manager who ran absolutely everything and was great at his job, but the rest of the management staff were unorganized, absent, and unprofessional. The restaurant was constantly running out of basic things and was a revolving door of employees.
Productive Work Place
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNAugust 13, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working at Benihana Inc. however I have felt very complacent lately and would really love the opportunity to learn more and advance my career to more of a general manager role and eventually a corporate position in possibly the training department. I have been a management trainer in the past and my passion is in teaching the culture of a brand and overall operations of a restaurant managers role.
Pros
Resturant with a successful history and culture.
Fluctuating Job
Kitchen Helper, Expo, Teppan Chef (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAAugust 4, 2017
Management is inconsistent; some days are slow and some are fast; incredibly understaffed (especially in the kitchen); 1 week of paid time off after a year of working there
Typical lounge and bar service
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 12, 2017
Honestly it's one of the most hostile work environments I've been in. The hours are not bad and one can make some pretty good money fairly quickly. Not impressed with corporate at all.
Pros
Employee dinner every day
Stressful and fast paced.
Server (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 10, 2017
After working at Benihana for a year I noticed it is a job that prepares you to be quick on your feet. Sometimes stressful too after dealing with customers. I was a server and made a fair share of money there but will never go back due to it's lackluster organization.
Pros
Free food, good tips, friendly staff
Cons
Rude customers, over population, chaos, low paying
benihana
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 27, 2017
it is a very fast paced fine dining restaurant and for the most part it is a decent place to work. its just a lot of the customers may not be so nice and pleasant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benihana. Our community is ready to answer.