Position Summary: Provide technical support for Microsoft operating systems and applications, miscellaneous software and computer hardware in a corporate environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide PC, laptop, thin client, peripherals, and basic network support to a multi-location company. This includes troubleshooting, installation, configuration, repair and user support.
2. Install, configure, and support Microsoft Windows XP/7, Office 2007/2010, and miscellaneous software.
3. Provide cellular and telecommunications troubleshooting support.
4. Create and maintain desktop and laptop hard drive images.
5. Physically maintain IT hardware inventories and documentation.
6. Utilize implemented software to enter and maintain trouble tickets, monitor hardware health, manage purchases, and IT assets.
7. Participate in the creation of technical and procedural documentation.
8. Assist with manufacturing equipment communications.
9. Perform and complete special projects and tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience:
1. 1- 2 years’ experience with troubleshooting & supporting computer hardware, Microsoft operating systems, and miscellaneous software in a helpdesk environment.
2. Demonstrated ability and experience effectively managing multiple and diverse technical issues.
3. CompTIA A+ certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficient with troubleshooting & supporting computer hardware and software including PCs, laptops, thin clients, network and local printers, Microsoft Windows XP/7.
2. Basic knowledge of computer networking, both wireless and LAN.
3. Ability to troubleshoot cellular and telecommunication issues.
4. Ability to support end users with various levels of technical experience.
5. Excellent communication and time management skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple tasks with high a degree of autonomy with commitment to completing projects.
6. Ability to utilize multiple programs and techniques in the virus/malware removal process.
7. Knowledge of computer backup and recovery software.
8. Ability to work extended hours and travel to branches offices with short notice.