POSITION TITLE: Technology Support Specialist
Reports to: Director of Technology
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Bentley school, an independent K-12 school, located in Oakland and Lafayette, California, is seeking a full time Technology Support Specialist, responsible for supporting the School’s mixed Windows, Linux and Mac environment, as it relates to faculty, staff, students and (occasionally) parents of students. Responding to help desk requests with a “can-do” approach will be as important as maintaining the network infrastructure using highly technical skills and maximizing the use of existing resources.
Job Summary: This position will include but is not limited to:
- Macintosh OS X experience including support, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting
- Linux and Unix Systems administration and troubleshooting
- Apple and Microsoft Systems administration and troubleshooting
- System administration, troubleshooting and configuration for Windows servers and clients
- Provide End-user support for software, hardware, printer, fax, and telecommunication systems for 150 faculty and staff
- Monitor trouble/help desk tickets and resolve technology issues
- Tracking inventory of hardware, licenses, and other IT assets, including appropriate documentation
- Manage weekly backup tasks such as tape rotation, logging, reporting, audits, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; Three+ years in systems administration and customer service, or combination of equivalent experience and education
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies: VMWare ESX, Hyper V
- Knowledge of Google Apps Suite: Gmail, Docs, Calendar, etc.
- Experience with Shell and Windows Scripting
- Working with enterprise networking protocols, application management, & support, including: e-mail, web, and file server administration
- Experience administering Windows and Mac OS X desktops and servers
- Demonstrated ability to be both an independent self-starter and effective team member and colleague
- Occasional night and weekend hours will be required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a pleasant approach to interactions
- Successfully pass a background and fingerprint check, TB test, and LiveScan
- Previous experience working in education and K-12 helpful
- Previous work with various CMS, Moodle, Whipple Hill for Education, Open Source software
- Experience with SMARTBOARD or other interactive tools
- Experience with iPads, iPhone, and other smart tablets and iOS
- Knowledge of server software and services such as Apache, SSH, MySQL, PHP, directory services, Samba/Netatalk, LDAP, squid, SMPT, POP/IMAP, DCHP, FTP, DNS, snmp, proxy, etc.
- Knowledge, configuration and support of Network VLANs
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references to the email address on this account and put “Technology Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Candidates who reflect the broad range of diversity of the Bay Area are encouraged to apply.
Indeed - 10 months ago