Bentley University Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place to work/study
Data Science Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 26, 2015
The best place to study and work in the New England area. It has been a amazing place to work and learn. The management is relaxed and work life balance is great!
A Great Place to Work
DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT COMMUNICATIONS (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 9, 2016
I've been here for six years, and it has been the best professional experience of my life. No workplace is perfect - and we've certainly had our bumps in the road - but the on-campus environment is ideal for somebody who is looking to work outside of the traditional corporate structure.
awesome
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 24, 2016
it was an awesome experience. i learned a lot about marketing even though I wasn't particularly interested in it to begin with.
A great institution.
Adjunct Professor, Economics Department (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 6, 2016
Bentley University is a great institution. The professors are knowledgeable and approachable. The students are interested in learning and they have very good social skills.
what makes it great
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 7, 2015
Great university, what makes the school so reputable is that the professors are predominantly former C-Level executives that speak from personal experiences. Students worked on projects that actually translate into corporate setting.
Academic Environment
Acquisitions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 24, 2015
The work week was very repetitive with no room for advancement. Management was uninvolved with staff members professional growth.
Pros
flex time
Cons
no room for growth
Bentley University
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 7, 2015
Great place to work! So many people to learn from and people to meet. Hardest part about the job is finding more to do after your tasks are complete. I learned how to do web updates, excel and help put together events. This is a place where you can continuously develop and grow.
Bad work atmoshpere
Help Desk Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Alot of politics that come with tenure fac and staff members. Not alot of room for advancment and alot of looking the other way with management.
Fun Temp Job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 29, 2015
I was a temp here and tried to become a full time employee but they were not hiring at the time. Everyone I worked with and for were friendly, great training and enjoyed going working there.
Pros
Great ladies to work with
Cons
Did not become part of the team I worked with
Higher Ed with Fun in mind
Office of Student Activities & Affairs (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 11, 2015
Each staff member really cares about the student experience and works very hard to bring something fun and new the campus each year.
Nice place
tutor (Current Employee) –  waltham maJuly 27, 2015
In here all coworkers are nice.Able to learn a lot from coworkers and mangement. time is flexible. Great students and good learning experience.
Friendly Working Environment
Graduate Assistant, Department of Finance (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 23, 2014
In Bank of China, I did a lot of stuff during one month. I Provided technical and customer assistance regarding banking services. Maintained banking outlet network and updated logbook.
I Assisted customers in targeting the financial products such as securities that met their risk and return criterion and Examined the short term and long term funding requirements of business clients and individual customers. I met a lot of questions when I did my job. My co-workers were very happy and patient to answer all questions and help me solve problems!
Fun workplace
Athletics Marketing Staff (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 11, 2015
Held an on-campus job that varied with day-to-day tasks. I have worked a few different jobs on campus, but this one has been the best one.
Great pay but no growth
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 25, 2013
Every department interracts with themselves only which makes it rought to make any sort of prefessional or personal connections.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
no chance to network
Indepth research
Accountancy Department, Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 25, 2015
Many different research on a daily basis. Shuffling between professors for new projects. Work is pretty much different. Learnt a lot. No co-workers as everyone works alone on projects
Pros
Graduate Assistantship
Great People, Great Culture
Assistant Director, Development & Alumni Relations (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 7, 2013
Planning events that directly supported annual fundraising goals.
Pros
networking with alumni, educational enviornment
Cons
little opportunity for advancement, bad pay
Great environment
Research Assistant, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 19, 2014
Collected data on the determinants and consequences of auditor reporting of control and compliance failures for more than 500 broker dealers in the industry
Researched on the course setting of top accounting programs in the U.S., and provided recommendations.
Coordinated academic events for professors in the accounting department
Close community, friendly, but hard working environment.
Assistant Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 17, 2012
Working in the Alumni Office gave me a better understanding and a different view of how the university is ran. The effort put in by both staff and work study students alike added value to each event held on campus. Now as an alumni, I will gladly give back to Bentley when the opportunity presents itself.
Pros
flexible schedule and work load, self managed, engaging.
Best learning experience
CIS Sandbox Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 2, 2014
Teaching Undergrads with Java and excel, allowed me to grow as well, not only in my technical skills but also my communication skills.

It indeed is one of the best experience I am having, as a part-time job, while a full time student.
Nice place good employee care
CIS Sandbox Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 24, 2014
Good company. Huge brand name.
Scope to work on your own and grow.

4.5