Benton House Employee Reviews

Too much work for the pay
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Sugar Hill, GAAugust 15, 2017
Poor management and too much work for one position. They expect you to help residents with showers, dressing, serving them meals, laundry, and housekeeping. They treat you like maids.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No breaks, too much work
Enjoyed working for this company very positive
CNA/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company i enjoyed the atmosphere i enjoyed the residents very fun loving staff great customer service i really felt welcome when i applied for the job
Pros
Breakfast lunch or dinner
Cons
No complaints
Very over worked
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 22, 2017
Major over head problems. No comuncaton, very lazy workers. No time off and mandatory overtime. Also no understanding of family and emergency issues.
its alright
Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Sugar Hill, GAMay 17, 2017
the job is fine looking for new opportunities
work includes being on your feet all day
take breaks when you can get them
staff are great love them
resident are great people love talking to them
management is management
great people and residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raymore, MOMay 4, 2017
everyone that I work with at Benton house has never made me feel out of place, everyone there is very kind and the residents are just like family. Benton house really cares about their residents and it shows the moment you walk in the door.
Benton House
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOApril 4, 2017
A nice facility to work in. Work rotation of 4 on/2 off is the worst part of the job. Administration can be frustrating. Great residents. Great care staff.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Expected living is like the Ritz Carlton
Great Training
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 2, 2017
My first job in Ga. Received great Training. Had the most professional Male Resident Care Director (RCD) and Great Nurse and Staff. Trained in every field. Nice small community but very little room for advancement. Would recommend if you a new nurse looking for great training and wanting to work hard. RCD is the best.
Pros
Free lunch. great food
Cons
Short breaks, on your feet all day.
Enjoyable workplace
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Sugar Hill, GAJanuary 22, 2017
Working at benton house was a very enjoyable experience. Everyone in my community worked very well together and treated everyone with dignity including staff and residents
Productive and fun place to work.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJanuary 7, 2017
I enjoyed meeting the residents and getting to know them. I love listening to their stories and words of wisdom. I also enjoyed being able to dress up on holidays and make my residents smile.
Horrible place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCOctober 8, 2016
I wish I read the reviews before I started working there. It's a very clicky place and if one don't like you they will all team up to get you out of there and management don't have their employees back no Matter what. They treat their residents poorly as well and it seems they only hire the same kind of employees. Very unprofessional!
Pros
Extra hours
Cons
No breaks, no communication

Want to know more about Benton House?

Ask a question
NIce place to work but some things could be better.
Residents Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAAugust 2, 2016
I work the 11-7 shift. My job is not hard at all. What I don't like is there is no room for advancement . I have some of the greatest co-workers and I love to work with them. A typical night at work consists of cleaning, making sure the residents needs are taken care of at all times. Management is NOT what it should be in my opinion. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I know that I can go to work and make a difference in someone's life. It's the little things that count to some of them. I've learned that you have to have patience when it comes to this type of work...if not it's not the place for you.
Pros
Free lunch, limited work, no overheads.
COULD be great
Foodserivce Director (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMay 21, 2016
I was Food Director for the company. Their labor allowance for 50 residents was limited to roughly 4 CNA'S to take care of all the residents and also had to double up as servers and house keepers. In the kitchen I was allowed only one cook for the night and I doubled as the manager and cook for the breakfast. During a 4 hour window I had to mingle with residents to make sure they were happy, place orders, manage inventory, manage my cook, review menus, and the list goes on. Meanwhile we had no dishwasher employee so we also had to take care of that as well.

My location had a poor Executive Director that did not want to help resolve any issues in departments. But overall the company COULD be good to work for if it allowed for slightly more labor in its facilities.
Pros
great hours for management, free meals, great co-workers
Cons
no time for lunch breaks, lack of upper management, lack of labor
Great place and culture to work within
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  FLMay 14, 2016
Working with the elderly is a passion, and the company truly stands behind that. Sometimes politics in senior level management seems to play a huge part in the day to day operations, but otherwise, it is a great company to work for.
productive place, great incentives.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 5, 2016
Love the employer, co workers were easy going, and administration was leader worthy. Hardest part of job was the long hours, but u could basically work as much as you wanted. The optional training was nice as well.
Pros
free meal bonus drawings twice a month
Cons
not enough employees
N/a
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GANovember 12, 2015
Not everyone works together as a team. The job requires you to do a lot of work but they are not willing to up the pay for all the work they except you to do. It's a great starter job to get your feet wet, until you find the job you really want to use the skills you were taught.
We all work together to make things happen, no matter what!
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSMay 20, 2015
There are no typical days at work because of how many variables are present that could affect this, but I enjoy whatever is thrown my way. The hardest part is trying not to become to attached or involved in residents life and just be there as an aide. I have to refrain from giving my whole heart to be a better employee and manager. However I feel I give a special kind of care to the hospitality aspect of life at our community and have made many positive changes by just listening what residents want.
Fast paced with patient interaction.
Certified Kansas Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSJanuary 29, 2015
Made very good use of employee nursing skills and
a first class living facility for residents.
workplace full of excitement
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  GAJanuary 20, 2015
Getting ready for my daily activities, learning how to cope with certain illnesses,how situations are handle with care and concerns,working together with everyone,to lose someone you care so much about,seeing the smiles and laughter.
Pros
free lunches
benefits
Nice enjoyable place to work
Med Tech/ Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 16, 2014
This is a good company to work for, when getting your feet wet to do big and better things. This company helps you learn new abilities!
Pros
Great place to learn new things
Cons
na
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GASeptember 12, 2014
I thing they are hard working people that strive to accomplish more .