Berdon LLP Employee Reviews

Good experience coming out of college
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2017
Company has a good reputation in the real estate industry. Good experience coming out of college. Compared to other public accounting firms, Berdon has great work/life balance... but the HR department does not distribute work well which leaves some people swamped and some people staring at a computer screen with nothing to do.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough work
Informative
Top 35 Accounting and Advisory firm, Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
This internship exposed me into the corporate world. It allowed me to explore the business field and I gained an abundance of knowledge on the world of accounting.
High employees turnover-Do Not Apply
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYMay 22, 2016
I had the bad experience to be hired by this company only to be used during tax seasons. The company has two tax seasons and after they end they do a massive layoff
Benefits
Cons
Job security
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2014
A typical day at Berdon as I remembered was busy but there was still time talk with partners and get know co-workers.
It was at Berdon where I got my technology certificates and my co-worker were always eager to share information.
I had no problem with management. They saw my potential and were willing always to investment in me.
The hardest part of the job was introducing the user community to new technology. The change was not always appreciated.
The most enjoyable part of the the job its camaraderie and the willingness to work together to meet the companies goals.
Pros
Good learning environment
Cons
Their downsizing method needs tweaking., They were harsh when telling me that is was my last day. It left a a bad impression.
Management is very knowlegeable and inhouse seminars are very informative and relavant.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYDecember 4, 2014
Audit work assignments are managed well as to not overload their employees. For the most part assignments are given ample time to complete. Tax season hours are a little longer than I have experienced but not excessively burdensome. Managers are generally helpful, very knowledgeable and professional. Berdon's training is very proactive, current, relevant and informative. Berdon has a nice client base that spans across many industries.
Enjoyable place to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2014
I had a very positive experience at Berdon LLP. I enjoyed working with fellow employees and having a lot of responsibilities. I learned a lot during my 4 years there and believe what I have learned will help me in the future and will be valuable in my future endeavors.
Experience to work in one of the leading CPA firm in USA
Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Most Typical day I spent during busy tax season and to reach the targets. Mostly I worked for real estate clients and it was great experience.
good working environment
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2013
helpful co-workers, learn a lot, good client, good working environment
Very Demanding
Records Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2012
This was a firm that would test your patience with clients and speed with accurancy. I workwed in the Records Department and It was very busy. Requests from the clients for various files would be very demanding and stressful if you allow it. You had to keep a fast pace and be accurate in your details. I rarely had support from my Manager or staff team members.
Pros
never a down time
Cons
can be stressful and demanding, poor support team work and poor management

Want to know more about Berdon LLP?

Ask a question