Berea College

Berea College Employee Reviews

Great workplace where you also rest your head
Resident Advisor (Current Employee), Berea, KYMay 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be me creating something for the dorm, that will gain the interest of the residents. Talking to the residents in my suite when I wake up, and answering any questions they have, are a typical day.
Great Environment
Digital imaging Associate (Former Employee), Berea, KentuckyMay 1, 2015
Truly teaches students to be self-reliant and for the rigors of the working world. A great institution that has a storied history.
Good experience
USDA Campus Ambassador (Current Employee), Berea, KYMarch 10, 2015
Work to improve college health and nutrition. I have to opportunity to start new programs. It is fairly new, but has a great outlook.
Great
Chemistry Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Berea, KYJanuary 25, 2015
I love Berea College and will miss my time spent here. My supervisors were nice and my colleagues were amazing.
College Health Service
CMA (Former Employee), Berea, KYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not keeping staff updated on upcoming events
I loved working with the students, faculty and staff. Very nice people to work with. I enjoyed coming into work everyday. My co-workers and Doctors I worked with there were very friendly and became some of my closest friends. I hate that the practice was sold out cause I would have been there til retirement.
Institution with high aims
Student Affairs Professional (Current Employee), Berea, KYSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: mission centered, committed service to students, great place to get experience
Cons: expensive health care, small town, nepotism, no room for advancement, salary ranges
-institution committed to providing education to students of limited resources (great mission)
-able to take on new tasks/projects to expand your experience and advance your skills
The Greatest Place on Earth
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Berea, KYAugust 10, 2014
Berea College is one of the major reasons that hope still exists in this world. This college gives extraordinary opportunities to people who deserve from across the world, and preaches a living towards a better world.
work study program
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), berea, kyAugust 8, 2014
great place to work. students work minimum 10 hours a week. upto 20 hours
fun working with Berea
Educational Technology (Former Employee), Berea, KYMay 16, 2014
they are there for the students and want you to succeed. this is a student work type of college where the students work to pay for college. this college make it easy for students to to succeed and also treated their employees with great respect. the employees also get paid a lot more than similar colleges.
non exempt employee
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Berea, KYMarch 20, 2014
hardest part of the job is the self-evaluation. i typically am harder on myself than my supervisor is
you are expected to do well and strive to achieve and do more than your job title although it is not required.
working with children is the best part
co-workers are usually helpful to each other although there is the gossip that infects all workplaces but we all tend to get past it
It is a very productive work environment that enables you to learn new skills that would be benificial in the work force
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Berea, KYMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at work would be me communicating with my residents. Planning campus wide and dorm events to ensure that my residents have a enriching college experience. My job is to also make sure that the cleanliness of the dorm is maintained as well as the well being of my residents. I place maintenance orders to have broken equipment in the dorm fixed so that it does not cause a safety hazard for my residents. I also work as part of a team to manage and maintain the dorm that I work for.
Typical Liberal Arts College
TOUR GUIDE (Former Employee), Berea, KYSeptember 5, 2013
Time management is the key to succeeding at Berea College. You have to balance work, class, and any activities you might have.
Work study program
Student Labor Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Berea, KYAugust 15, 2013
work study program
you work you get paid that is about all there is to it.
An opportunity to educate people while fostering relationships is great.
Head Baseball Coach (Former Employee), Berea, KYJune 8, 2013
Pros: team dynamic
Cons: low number of players
Coaching at this level without scholarship players was challenging but we made opportunities for people to learn about themselves, be challenged, and overcome obstacles
A Great Learning Experience
Public Safety Student Coordinator (Former Employee), Berea, KYJune 3, 2013
Pros: most days are laid-back and fun
Cons: must be ready to handle emergency situations as they arise.
I worked here as part of Berea College's Work-Study program, which in itself is an amazing program to be a part of. A typical day here consisted of talking to customers on the phone, through e-mails, or in person and answering their questions or handling their concerns. For me, a typical day would also include talking to other student workers about their concerns and needs.
productive and eductational
Instructor, Technology and Applied Design (Current Employee), Berea, KYMarch 7, 2013
A typical work day involves teaching lab integrated courses that allow students to gain first hand (hands on) experience using woodworking tools, CAD software, and prototyping machines. In addition I supervise teaching assistants and train them on various manufacturing equipment including CNC routers and laser engravers.
Hard working environment
Special Events Manager (Former Employee), Berea, KYFebruary 4, 2013
A company where everyone knows the mission of the college and employees are happy to be part of it.
Productive always everyday at work
Assistant Womens Basketball Coach (Current Employee), Berea, KYMay 3, 2012
Pros: love my job and have a real passion for it
Cons: always want to get in a bigger program
I love my job and want to be the best at it. My job was at first a chance at first, but they welcomed me from day one and now I am living my career out and my co- workers make everything family like. Management is willing to help and is very patient with me in my first year working. The only hard part was at first transitioning from a student to a full time worker at the College, but now Im adjusted really well.
Berea College
Business Administration and a minor in Accounting (Former Employee), Berea, KentuckyApril 14, 2012
Very good work environment. I would definitely refer them.
Worked as a cross country and track recruiter for the Berea College Cross Country/Track Teams
Cross Country Recruiter (Current Employee), Berea, KYApril 13, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: no set schedule
Typical Day: Recruit and find athletes, compile data, organize data, organize event results, make workouts, etc

Very enjoyable for me to work with my passion of coaching athletes.