Bergdorf Goodman Employee Reviews

Team like culture very productive
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Bergdorf Goodman to me is a great jod to use as a stepping stone to a potential career in the fashion industry. The employees are very welcoming and friendly. I highly recommend working for the company.
Pros
Great steppimg ayone
Cons
Low pay
Very fast paced but can meet some amazing people
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2017
The job is very demanding but you can meet and net work with some great people and it could open many doors. Many designers come in and visit the store and our renowned BG restaurant.
Pros
Discount, meeting new people
Cons
None really
n/a
Chef (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
It was a typical workday preparing hot and cold meals. My duties were standard. The culture was diverse and my responsibilities were not difficult. I enjoyed the area and people who told me how much they enjoyed their meals.
Pros
The area
Flexible Schedule
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
Working at Bergdorf Goodman can be stressful and is not very rewarding. However, the hours are very flexible and the management can be understanding. The hardest part of the job is the environment coworkers create. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work alone
From what I remember it was ok
Senior Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
From what I remember it was ok, I had discounts, made friends, people were nice some some were not, management was ok, worked hard every day. otherwise from what I remember it was ok
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of Career advancement
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 7, 2017
Bergdorf Goodman is a great fast paced place to work. Great discounts. The 401K plan is the best I have ever seen in any job. I really recommend working here.
Luxury Store
Seamstress, Alteration (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2017
I worked at Bergdorf Goodman full-time (More than 5 years).Working in BG is a great opportunity.Every day learning about the luxury product..Coworkers were nice too some more helpful than others.
Pros
The 30% discount is appreciated and much desired at BG. Good benefits.
Cons
Working on weekend and late shift.
A sense of pride by being a part of this company.
Associate Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2017
When I worked at Bergdorf Goodman, it was a constantly changing environment. While I was at the store, it went from a privately owned company to a public company. New people were constantly hired and many people were asked to leave in order to bring in the new.
The store went from working with a carriage trade to an international clientele. It was an exciting time in fashion. The management kept a close eye on what was happening in terms of numbers. Prior to that, the main issue was the service which was to be limitless.
Gorgeous clothes in an elegant setting was very exciting.
Pros
Knowledge of fashion trends, working with some of the best in their field.
Cons
Too much of a numbers game as the store was changing.
Ultimate experience in luxury retail
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
The best product, beautiful client experience and the global luxury client are yours to work with to provide a consistent luxury service experience. Collaborative environment with an excellent merchant team. Opportunity to work with brands and designers both large and small.
Pros
Ultimate luxury retail experience
Cons
Intense work schedule
Loved my job
PERSONAL SHOPPING ASSISTANT IN THE CHANEL BOUTIQUE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
This was an incredible job that I really learned who I was as a person. Being an assistant to a top personal shopper was something I would experience over and over again. The downfall was the hours, working weeks straight at a time and not getting time off. I worked with amazing people and had an amazing boss who taught me incredible things.
Director of Visual Presentation and Store Design (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2017
A wonderful place to work. My creativity was unlimited and I was able to explore any aspects I felt fit in my designs. I worked with great people who became great friends.
bergdorf goodman
Sales Associate/Alterations Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2017
fast paced environment with lots of work on a daily basis very busy on a daily basis work was challenging but also enjoyable and my coworkers were very helpful agreeable.
Pros
fast paced and very busy daily work
Cons
job phased out because of poor sales so positions had to be eliminated
Stressful, and Fast Paced Work
Personal Shopping Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
It was hard but worth it, I worked many hours but enjoyued time with my coworkers and learned alot in the process. Not much time for a social life if you are a personal assistant however.
Productive and fun place to work
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2017
Paid Overtime
Great Human Resource Department
review
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
My overall experience with Bergdorf Goodman was excellent. i advanced within the first four months of the company. The people that I worked with were willing to help with my advancement.
friendly people
Visual and Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
Great place to work but it is really hard to move up in position than it was 20 years ago. Management has really tighten the chain over time at bergdorf.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lack of advancement
Standard retail fashion culture that can be overbearing and ahead of season
Carpentry Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York StateAugust 9, 2017
Good overall work enviroment and supportive management in that they provide the tools and time required to complete a task. The employees generally are pleasant and work well together. Many have been at Bergdorf over 20 years like myself which is rare today and can be attributed to a good work enviroment.
Pros
30 % employee discount
Cons
bad pension plan
Great high fashion company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
Great high fashion company with amazing people and clients. The high clientele provide a luxury working experience still with a everyday feel from your colleagues. Great mix of the two.
Amazing place, Amazing team
LOSS PREVENTION INVESTIGATOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2017
This is a wonderful company to work for, management is great, the employees go above and beyond to make you feel welcomed. The job is fun and fast paced, definitely a great place to be for this career.
My first job out of college that was exciting and fun
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
Since this was my first job after graduating from college, I was in an entry-level position as an assistant buyer. I learned a great deal about retail and buying. And I was exposed to the world of high fashion at a very young age.
Pros
Store discout and prestige of the store