Bergdorf Goodman

Bergdorf Goodman Employer Reviews

Nothing more than a name
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
Pros: amazing discount, exposure to showrooms and designers.
Cons: no work life balance, poor training.
As an assistant buyer, you will have zero work life balance. This means working 14 hour days as well as weekends. Did I mention this means coming into the office on a Sunday because they don't provide you with a laptop? The pay is the lowest of all of the luxury retail buying corporations. With zero training classes or programs, expectations are not reasonable. Someone was crying at least once a week.
Best Men's Store in USA
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2014
It allows you to be exposed to a great variety of trends and fashion designers. Ongoing training and support on product knowledge through Vendors Presentations. It is the Harvard of Retail Sales.
Sales Professional (Former Employee), new york, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: was able to build celebrity clientel
Cons: cut throat working enviornment
• Organized and updated profiles within the client database to ensure accurate and timely sales reporting.
• Established and maintained a steady client base through top notch customer service.
• Increased account revenue for men’s department by 10% through assertive salesmanship, personality, and consistent follow-up. I became an assigned personal shopper for high profile clients. Assessed current wardrobe advised on color and accessory upgrades or changes, also custom tailoring where needed
productive and busy place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: short breaks
Alot of customer service. i learned about the material of high end clothing. Management was awesome and so was the co-workers
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Good experience all around. Fun people, great enviroment.
Productive work environment
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York,NYMarch 16, 2014
Pros: very fun and productive work environment
Cons: none really
How important everyone's job in a high end retail store is.Being in charge of the biggest vendor at the time in shoes making sure they were in order so the sales representative go move in and out there area in time cause timing when selling things means a lot.
Productive work place which challenges workers to multitask and implent multiple skills
Prep/Line Cook (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch, positive work environment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consist of constructing daily menus and prepping for breakfast and dinner service.
unbeatable
Concierge/Staff Assistant Top 100 (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 24, 2013
Pros: unique merchandise, the only store like it in the world
Cons: new york is expensive to live in, at least near bergdorf's.
I was CONCIERGE and later on moved to be asst to the Business Development Director of the Top 100, It was Consulting, Styling and Personal Shopping to assist the Store's Elite Selling Team. Unmatchable experience!!! It was right in the heart of U[ptown Manhattan in the most beautiful iconic department store in the world!
great work place, fun people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: fun fun place to work
Cons: lots of long hours
I didn't work long enough to enjoy all the benefits, but it was fun, very nice people
The best luxury retail store in the world
Selling Services Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2013
Bergdorf Goodman is the best luxury retail store in the world. You get to work with several fashion industry leaders and are constantly inspired through the beauty of the merchandise and store visuals. The Executives are all seasoned and offer a lot of expertise guidance. The store is in good hands.
good
Account Services Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2013
very fast paced.I learned to help others when they fell behind.Management was nice and pleasant to work for. Some co-workers was difficult, but we manage to work thru it.
Productive workplace
5 F Denim Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2013
A typical day would be, filling in necessary styles of product needed on the floor in my department. Checking customer holds, contacting clients if need be regarding promos, new merchandise, etc.
I have learned how to manage myself as well as establishing myself as my own business. The management is not entirely there as much as it should be. For the most part my fellow coworkers are a joy to work with. The hardest part would be trying to stay afloat with all the different labels being carried. Being around good people and fabulous clothes.
productive work place with lots of diversity
Housekeeper (Former Employee), new york, nyJuly 5, 2013
Pros: healthcare, raises, union
Cons: schedules, limited equipment, no room to move up in the company
a typical day at work included getting a task and completing it by a certain time period. I've learned how to complete task on time and also work by myself without being micromanaged. My co-workers were all elders so i learned a lot being in their presences. The hardest part of the job was scheduling. After a while they couldn't comply with the schedule i needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in one of the wealthiest department stores in ny.
Bergdorf Goodman Shipping Mgr. Job Description
Shipping Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2013
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: space issues and the location of the shipping department
I started at approximately 9 a.m and a typical day ended at approximately 7 p.m. or later. I learned all of the requirements to successfully run a shipping department. My department which was on the 9th floor shipped approximatly 250,000 to 300, 000 packages per year across the country and the world.The hardest part of the job was finding enough space to accomplish this daunting task. I managed approximately 17 shipping associates. I was responsible for their schedules and timekeeping as well as assigning tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the quick pace since I enjoy multitasking.
Finest Haute Couture fashions in the world.
Commissioned Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2013
I loved working for this private company, who's motto was: "Exceed the client's expectations". The internal work culture lived it daily.
One of the worst places to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), New York, nyApril 5, 2013
Pros: the clinics are a real perk at bergdorf goodman
Cons: i was told when i could go to lunch, couldn't just say, i am going to take my lunch. some days i would go without lunch.
This was one of the worst places I have worked at. I was treated worst than dirt. I was screemed at, belittles, made to feel incompetent. I would often see other sales associated and personal shoppers going off on their assistants. I couldn't do my job successfully because my boss constantly scrutinized anying I did. She believed nobody knew how to do their job. I have later learned Bergdorf Goodman has some sort of reputation about this. Obviously management and human resources don't take any action against the sales associated or personal shoppers because they produce. They just look the other way, and blame the assistants that they can't do their job. I would never recommend no one to work for this company.
Good times
Stock Associate/Floor Support Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2013
Pros: cool sales associates, great visuals, excellent employee discounts, good sales
Cons: some management was sneaky & had favoritism amongst their "own people".
Bergdorf Goodman, in five words or less: "stressful but a good experience".
Exceptional Place to Work
Helpdesk / Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2013
One of the best working environment you can imagine.Provided you with whatever was needed to do your job.
The Height Of FAshion
Studio Services Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2013
Through These doors everyday i was challenged to go above my self with industry professionals.
Fun place to work
Decorative Home Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: discount, history
Cons: healthcare
Worked in Decorative Home ...Really loved it. It was fresh New World and It was really cool. Worked with some great people.. Very supportive.... It's a great COMPANY...

About Bergdorf Goodman

Ladies who lunch love to shop at Bergdorf Goodman, a Fifth Avenue emporium of luxury goods. Bergdorf sells high-end women's apparel, – Read more