Bergdorf Goodman Employee Reviews in United States

n/a
shipping, VTC, wrap and pack associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2016
The windows team at Bergdorf is a great place to start working as you emerge from school into the workforce, great for 20 year olds who are fresh faced from art school and need a flexible schedule to make art. The work is freelance and projects range from decoupaging newspaper on to lion sculptures to hot glueing sea shells all over a velvet sofa. The work is creative and the team is small and fun to work with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay rate is low
A new opportunity
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
Working at Bergdorf Goodman is definitely an opportunity for everyone to grow. I have learned many good things there.
The Loss Prevention staff is friendly but it is also very competitive. You have to have a strong personality and be willing to listen and learn from others.
The hour salary is okay, but not enough for all we do.
Pros
You will learn a lot in this department.
Cons
Lack of employee's work recognition, Promotions don't really happen unless you have been working in the company for many years, Working late, even on the weekends.
Company form of business has changed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2016
Retail has changed a lot over the past five years. Customers no longer feel the need to shop in stores and do all of their shopping over the internet.
Cons
Changing business not accommodating to Associates
Customer Service and Consistency are #1
Food & Beverage/ Event Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2015
I typically would come in to open the cafe for lunch and then end my day when dinner service slowed down in our fine dining restaurant BG. I had a very supportive management and a regular schedule. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying our clients regular basis with the same exact service and menu they are used to for the past 100 years.
Pros
steady schedule
Cons
compenation
Great workplace to branch off
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
Overall the work environment was family based, great support and work drive. When it was time to clock in it felt great. There were problems , such as bad management and failure to communicate throughout the levels of management. Which would overtime be the base of a lot of problems , also the reason people leave the company so quickly.I learned so much that on a regular day I was taking on responsibilities of my supervisors.Everyday was a new task but if it was a little bit harder just took time to understand and get the job done.The most enjoyable part was the ability to move up so quick and the praise i got for being a over the top hard worker and very dependable.
Pros
family environment, Great work ethic
Cons
healthcare, bad management
Top of the Top sales & retail
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 18, 2015
You must love Sales and Fashion to work here. This is the top of the top and if you are entry level study and learn what you need to. I suggest you have a passion to work here and survive
blah
Stock Associate Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2016
stock associate learned the register,co wokers were great everyone got along,customers make ut hard for you,most enjoyable
Great window displays
Visual Displays (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2015
Creative freedom with all installations surrounding around merchandising. Exciting work environment overall.

Fun place to work across the board.
Pros
Creative freedom
Cons
Disorganized Leardership
Very nice clients and I loved my job!
Make-up Artist - (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2015
Working at Bergdorf Goodman was wonderful! I got to promote a new line of makeup and work with the colors and textures of the new line.
Pros
It was a great experience in every way.
Cons
I really can't think of anything I didn't like.
wonderful
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2015
it was a wonderful experience. I would like to work with children as a career. I grew a beautiful bond with them. I learned a lot from my experience with P.S. 226 and the kids. So Grateful for them allowing me to be a mentor to their kids.
Very productive, acknowledge of superb products, fun and in general, a very positive expirience
Sales Associate / Christmas Shop & Home Dept (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Bergdorf Goodman gave me the opportunity of learn more a bout retail to the maximum. I had the chance to assist top of the line clientele not only from USA but also from all over the world, It was a great learning experience.
Pros
meeting people form all over the world, diversity team player, been exposed to selected products from all over the world.
Cons
it was only a full time seasonal position
New Experiences
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2015
I enjoyed working here because I was able to work with designer clothing and interact with people from all walks of life.
The best of everything beautiful! including my co-workers
Sales Associate, Business Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2015
I love Bergdorf Goodman for its courage and undeniable ability to grow and express the creative spirit of beauty and fashion.
Pros
nowness
Cons
elitest
The most fun I've had at a job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
This is the place to be if you are a retail professional. It is the best of the best in the retail world. I had the privilege to work with great people, sell the best men's apparel and interact with the most affluent clientele in the world including celebrities, sports stars and dignitaries.
Pros
great employee discounts
Nothing more than a name
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
As an assistant buyer, you will have zero work life balance. This means working 14 hour days as well as weekends. Did I mention this means coming into the office on a Sunday because they don't provide you with a laptop? The pay is the lowest of all of the luxury retail buying corporations. With zero training classes or programs, expectations are not reasonable. Someone was crying at least once a week.
Pros
amazing discount, exposure to showrooms and designers.
Cons
no work life balance, poor training.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  new york, NYJune 17, 2014
• Organized and updated profiles within the client database to ensure accurate and timely sales reporting.
• Established and maintained a steady client base through top notch customer service.
• Increased account revenue for men’s department by 10% through assertive salesmanship, personality, and consistent follow-up. I became an assigned personal shopper for high profile clients. Assessed current wardrobe advised on color and accessory upgrades or changes, also custom tailoring where needed
Pros
was able to build celebrity clientel
Cons
cut throat working enviornment
unbeatable
Concierge/Staff Assistant Top 100 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2013
I was CONCIERGE and later on moved to be asst to the Business Development Director of the Top 100, It was Consulting, Styling and Personal Shopping to assist the Store's Elite Selling Team. Unmatchable experience!!! It was right in the heart of U[ptown Manhattan in the most beautiful iconic department store in the world!
Pros
unique merchandise, the only store like it in the world
Cons
new york is expensive to live in, at least near bergdorf's.
Productive workplace
5 F Denim Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2013
A typical day would be, filling in necessary styles of product needed on the floor in my department. Checking customer holds, contacting clients if need be regarding promos, new merchandise, etc.
I have learned how to manage myself as well as establishing myself as my own business. The management is not entirely there as much as it should be. For the most part my fellow coworkers are a joy to work with. The hardest part would be trying to stay afloat with all the different labels being carried. Being around good people and fabulous clothes.
productive work place with lots of diversity
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  new york, nyJuly 5, 2013
a typical day at work included getting a task and completing it by a certain time period. I've learned how to complete task on time and also work by myself without being micromanaged. My co-workers were all elders so i learned a lot being in their presences. The hardest part of the job was scheduling. After a while they couldn't comply with the schedule i needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in one of the wealthiest department stores in ny.
Pros
healthcare, raises, union
Cons
schedules, limited equipment, no room to move up in the company
Great place to shop and meet celebrities and stay in touch with fashion.
Assistant Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2012
I held 3 different progressive titles there so i will incorporate all 3 into this discription.
Talk with my staff, walk the entire 8 floors of the store; go to my office and do paper work, e.g. run reports do budhets pay bill fill out PO's.
I worked with a great bunch of people.
hardest part of the job was having to let someone go.
The best part was hiring and working with everyone an getting along with my staff.
Pros
free lunch, discount on clothes an alterations
Cons
very long days 70 hour weeks somethimes