Bergelectric Corporation

Bergelectric Corporation Employee Reviews

Bad atmosphere
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Escondido, CAApril 8, 2015
This company is about who you know not what you know. No training; bad mgmt. all employees unhappy

No cohesive work environment
A great place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), San Diego countyMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: none really
A very fast pace,laying out my crew for scope of work for the day and communication with the general contractor.
all defferent phases of rough-in layout ,how to manange large work crews,dealing with other sub-contractors.
all and all great,hard working,knowledgable .
keeping ahead of some of the subs.
just working and learning from agreat company.
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Assistant Project Manager, Service Division (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 17, 2014
My day begins at 8:00 AM, I check my phone for immediate service calls to be scheduled. I contact and schedule any available electrical technicians. I prepare billing documents from previous day, provide quotes, provide change orders and purchase orders as needed. I also manage the time keeping On occassion, I go on job walks for possible contract opportunities. I contact the General Contractors for collections based on the aging reports. At the end of day, I prioritize my checklist for a fersh start the next day. Management has been extremely helpful in guidance, constructive criticism and acknowledging a job well done. I've been shown how to excel in properly communicating with the customers, and at the same time showing confidence in my actions. My co-workers are professionalul, informative and funny. The hardest part of the job is to solve a problem with an approaching deadline, it's difficult and it gets completed. The most enjoyable part of the job is to assist my co-workers whenever needed.
Ok organization to work with
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Escondido, CADecember 8, 2014
Constant communication with other offices and Apprenticeship programs. Learned a lot about electrical apprenticeship programs, how they work, and what different licenses are required by the different states.
I love to work
lead tech. (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2014
Experience:
Installation of the infrastructure and backbone of voice, video, data systems along with the termination of all types of cable, (coax, Cat3, Cat5, Cat 5e, Cat 5E, Cat 6, 25 pair, 50 pair, 100 pair, 52 micron, 62 micron, single, multi mode fiber, ST, SC connectors, Corning Prepolished crimp type connectors, 66 block, 110 block, patch panel, hubs, routers, and switches.) installation of fire alarm, motion detectors, mag locks, smoke detectors, air sampler duct detectors, pull stations, door and window contacts. CCTV cameras and monitors.
(Electrical Foreman)
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee), Escondido CaliforniaDecember 12, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: they extract you up to the last blood drop, and later they let you go.
Supervise and Inspect the work for up to 8 electricians and 10 helper electricians to ensure NEC compliance and quality in all installations
Great Company!
Office Administration (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2012
I was only at Bergelectric for a short time, due to being staffed there as a temp for 3mos. Everyone is great, the work ethic is excellent. I wish I were able to apply directly to the company, after the temp work that I did.
Not pleased
Year 4 Apprentice (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2012
This company would not compensate for any sort of travel to another state. When asked if they could fund my trip back to town so I could graduate, they said no.
Best Electrical Contractors in California
Leadman/Journeyman (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2012
Pros: great core of managers, extensive field training and a fun, productive atmosphere
Cons: huge corporation, so layoffs are inevitable
I started as a green apprentice, and worked my way up to Leadman, finishing the Foreman training program, and working in the detailing office too. I loved it at Bergelectric, and hope to come back someday.
Productive and proffesianol evironment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2012
Pros: helpfull staff.
Cons: company location was to far from home.
A typical day as a receptionist at Bergelectric would consist of assuring that all invoices from company vendors would be scanned in to company data base and reviewed to assure all information was correct and payed on time. Assured that every telephone call was directed to the proper personnel with the highest level of customer service. Co-workers were friendly, but always kept a professional relationship. Most enjoyable part of my job was learning the account payable process, the hardest part of my job was the drive to the company.

About Bergelectric Corporation

Since 1946, Bergelectric Corporation has developed into one of the largest and most sophisticated electrical contractors in the – Read more