Bergelectric Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 16, 2017
They gave Christmas bonus, then cut it. Insurance went from 0 to 400 a month. Long commutes 80 plus miles, no gas pay. No sick leave. No vacation pay.
Pros
None anymore.
Cons
Their motto is take from you and work you to death.Terrible benefits.
Awesome Company with Great People
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 27, 2017
Bergelectric is a great place to work! Although they have 2,400 employees nation-wide, It's easy to tell that the company really cares about everyone.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, Great Management, Fair Pay, Friendly Environment
Horrible Place to Work At
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 18, 2017
This is a horrible company to work for, first of all, there is lack of training and they do not have the time to train anyone. If you apply for this company DON"T, Trust me you will be sorry because they overwork their employees and they make you take an hour lunch for everyone in the office. This place is bad in business and they are so behind with their work there....again this is a horrible place with such HIGH TURNOVERS!
Pros
They treat their employees, well the employees do!
Cons
Horrible Management
Stressful, Quick-Paced, Repetitive
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 8, 2017
Working in the Account Department is very draining. Buildings are old ware-houses converted into offices with fluorescent lighting and lack of windows. Fun activities are planned throughout the year to lighten the work environment. Mostly friendly people.

Server issues and network failures often lead to high levels of stress and threaten the strict deadlines.

A lot of temporary workers looking to be hired on full-time - high "turnover"
Pros
Wet company events (free beer/wine), food provided occassionally
Cons
Limited street parking, stressful environment, lack of windows in office/bland environment
Construction
Utility Tech-2 (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 30, 2017
If you like laboring you will. Berg has high quality projects and lots of jobs throughout the U.S. Compensation is great and benefits a even better. Management will be strict as should but fair.
No longer a good company
Service dept tech (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2017
This used to be a great company. Once the owner passed on all the greed stepped in and higherups started to take away all the perks.
Field workers were all good people. Had great times working with many of them.
Management and higherups don't care about the field.
Now that they lost a lot of good people to the union, they decided to make changes. A little too late.
Don't get me wrong. If you need a job berg will keep you busy and there's room for advancement.
Pros
Kept me busy
Controlling and Punitive
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 12, 2016
Human Resources exercises a controlling and punitive work environment, discounting professionals at all levels........................................
Pros
Employees are friendly
Cons
Punitive environment
Positive atmosphere and good people to work with.
Aministrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 4, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone in the shop. It was like a family atmosphere and my co-workers were all top-notch people.
Pros
Special treats with lunches planned and brought in by our Manager.
Cons
Sad to have been laid off because of their move back to Escondido.
one player in a big pool of employees
Foreman Electrician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 7, 2016
Good solid company. If you just want to collect a paycheck. alot.. i mean alot of other workers just doing what they have to, to collect a paycheck. moral is low. Too many employees to feel appreciated, worth something. Work next to half assed mediocre electricians because they can pass the state exam yet untrustworthy because consistant troubleshooting months down the line when we should just be powering up. 12 years i worked here. And this is my review.
Pros
steady work. good pay. good benifits
Cons
huge pool of employees. scratch my back i scratch yours, not at all the case w management
Management is a joke
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2016
The Denver branch of berg electric is horrible!!! bad upper management and you truly are just a number to them. Shocking a company that size doesn't offer paid vacation or holidays for there employees in the field. The Heath insurance was pretty decent but that's about it. If like pulling mc for months at a time and not advancing your career it might be a ok fit.
Pros
Insurance and fair amount of Davis bacon
Cons
How much time you got???
Electrical Contractor
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 8, 2016
My day started with safety meetings and conference calls. Review work performed by employees beneath myself. I've learned good leadership skills working with Bergelectric. Management staff needs to have more involvement in projects. Co-workers are good group of hard workers. The hardest part of my job wasmaterial being approved for projects. The most enjoyable part of my job was project completions.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
More coordination needed from management
Bad management,
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2016
Worked there for a year and nothing but a waste of time, management had no clue of what was going on,formen took off yearly everyday,and when they were there just screamed at everyone but never gave a helping hand,you ask a question about the work ,and never had a answer for you, dont waste your time
Pros
Cons
Formens have no clue
Think of it as Boot Camp for Electricians
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2016
If you are a fresh Apprentice they will basically humiliate you and try to break you down. No matter how fast you go it will never be good enough. You will never feel like you are part of the Berg team, they do that so you always have to try harder. A lot of mind games but once they slow down they have no problem getting rid of you quickly.
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
Never Feel Stable, A Lot of Mind Games, Just A Number.
misinformed management
Climbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2015
I was hired on the ground floor for the "climbing division". it only lasted about a year they never hired personal with experience in landing cell tower contracts. thou management was around quite often to make sure job was being done in a timely manner within safety means.
Pros
large company with plenty of room for advancement.
Cons
work flow was not very steady. large breaks in work.
Very hostile work place
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2015
Management was not too involved with the workers in the field. I must say most of my co-workers looked out for us, it was almost like it became co-workers verses management which I don't believe is a healthy place.
not a good work place
field (Former Employee) –  north las vegasMay 22, 2015
In Nevada the supvervisor needs to be replaced. He leaves early and does nothing but micro manage and complain and talk over you
benefits
Cons
needs new management
You are just a number
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Denver CoMarch 5, 2015
If you like working long hours with no vacation or holiday pay Berg is the place for you. Sure thay pay more but when the holidays come around you may or may not be able to make up your hours. You are just a number to them. Was told 5hat if i didn't like how it was they could have a replacement there for me tomorrow.
Pros
Pay is above avarage
Cons
No holiday or vacation pay.
good company to work
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  CAJuly 1, 2014
starting time is at 6.00 am first 10 minutes break is at 9.30 lunch is at 12.30 and last 10 minutes break is at 1.40
Pros
pic nic
Cons
medical insurance
great group of guys to work with
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2014
good paced work day
learned something new everyday
management could have been better
coworkers were easy to get along with
This is an electrical company in which I had the opportunity to diverisfy my job skills.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 20, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at Bergelectric. I had the opportunity to strengthen my computer skills doing various projects. I was involved in various departments such as safety scheduling to event planning. I also had the opportunity to work closely with the Human Resource Manager in her day to day functions.

It was micro-management place. Very helpful in any question that came about. As for co-workers, it was a team environment.

A typical day was very busy. Multitasking was a much, which was my kind of environment to strive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bergelectric. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7