Bergen Community College

Bergen Community College United States Employee Reviews

Student
student (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 24, 2015
I was a commuter student at this college. I was only going to be there for 2 years before transferring to Nyack College.
-Learning
Nursing education at it's best
Nursing Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 30, 2015
Typical day would include morning meeting to set obtainable goals with students, afternoon lunch with casual discussion about nursing school and the future of the students after school, and ending the day with a positive attitude and the feeling that goals were accomplished. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that I took part in the molding the future of nursing.
Simply a day job.
Multimedia technical assistant (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free food from assembly's when they provide it.
Cons: part time, minimal hours, no room for advancement.
A typical day at work for me in particular is going to one area of the campus where meetings are held that use the audio visual projection system. I set up what is needed via an iPad that has the Cestron program in it, setting up projects, monitors, microphone feeds, and other audio visual aspects. During the meetings I stay in a satellite office, being on call if there are any issues with the presentation and help where I can.

Management is very friendly and very good at their jobs. They provide me as many hours as possible, however minimal it may be.
STC at Bergen Community College
TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Paramus, NJDecember 26, 2014
Pros: have meeting with people from diverse cultures and types
I have worked in Bergen Community College as a Student Technology Consultant as well as a student. I was committed to work hard and could learn team play such as fellowship with colleagues and also could have sense of strong responsibility while I worked on there. Moreover, I felt the important thing that I am working is fullfill the pledge between me and company.
Administration office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Paramus, NJOctober 13, 2014
• Exceeded expectations in developing relationships with staff, students and faculty serving 2,000 students
• Coordinated registration, transcripts and advisement supporting high quality operations
• Educated students to learn how to use the web-advisor portal building positive client relationships
• Successfully processed requests for add/drop, waitlist classes, student transcripts, and graduation
• Communicated and acknowledged students about tuition waiver registration
• Updated and confirmed accurate student records to ensure efficient data
• Consulted with academic counselors to resolve problems and offer solutions
• Reminded students about term bill payments
• Partnered with team to understand general education requirements and educate students
• Presented pre-requisite information to help individuals select courses to meet requirements
Dynamic and Rewarding Tutoring Center in a Community College
Receptionist (Former Employee), Paramus, NJSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: management, staff, professional atmosphere
Cons: limited hours
A regular day at the tutoring center was answer and keeping a log of every phone call and voicemail that was received that day. I also managed the schedule for all students that needed appointments with a tutor, as well as scheduling interviews and meetings with supervisors. My co-workers were all hard working individuals that maintained positive attitudes throughout the day no matter how busy the center was. On average we had over 200 students a day come in for appointments. The hardest part of the job was finding certain tutors that were able to do not so common subjects like a foreign language or a high level math course for some students seeking major help. Another flaw was the slow internet that we needed to use for our scheduling program. Sometimes it was take almost ten minutes to make an appointment because the internet was extremely slow. Fortunately, most of the students understood the problem and had the best patience in the world. I enjoyed this job because everyone was a team player and we all helped each other become better at our jobs. I've learned what it means to have true colleagues be honest with you and got help whenever I needed it.
Rewarding and Productive workplace with fun students
Adjunct Professor of English (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 28, 2014
Pros: nice community
Cons: later bus runs and no starbucks in the area yet
A typical day at work is spent smiling at my students and facilitating their knowledge acquisition. I love seeing the joy in their eyes as they learn how to perceive differently and embrace the process of different ways of knowing. A key principle that Bergen has reinforced for me is that individuals yearn to learn and know. Love is the key to my professional practice, and I strive to see my students succeed. My co-workers at Bergen are consummate professionals. The school and departmental leaders are phenomenal. The hardest part of the job is ending a semester. The time spent creates family. I just love teaching and am thankful that I get to do it at Bergen Community College.
Welcome to the Service Desk
Information Technology Help Desk (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 2, 2014
I loved working here. I learned so much about computers. I started this job as a student and grew with the department over the 3 years that I had worked with them. On a typical day I would handle over 100 calls, walk-ins, and emails. I assisted Student, Faculty, and staff with many computer problems, whether it had to deal with a general question, problems logging into email or portal, or if there were computer problems during classes. I would be the one they called. I would assist the user in the best of my ability. If i couldn't help assist the user than they would be assigned to a tech.
Student
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMay 28, 2014
DMS program was work, but well worth it.

I have already reviewed this position.
Bergen Community College
Technology Administrator- (Office Manager) (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, NJMay 5, 2014
A typical day working here would be coming into the office making sure all staff members are in their assigned positions. Manage employees through shift changes, assisting my manager with any projects. Assisting professors and students with computer issues.
Great environment - cultural place
Receptionist at English Language Center (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 28, 2014
Working at English Research Center was an amazing experiences to learn and help all the international students.
Good Job to keep your subjects fresh
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 25, 2014
Pros: pay
Students are really nice and eager to learn. The subjects you teach are always going to stay with you because of the repetition. Pay is good and you set your own hours.
Very helpful
Student Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 16, 2014
Pros: get to do homework
Cons: no games or movies are allowed on the computer
Everyday just checking for ID's and helping other students out. When you aren't doing anything, you get to do your homework and study most of the time.
I learned much knowledge about the animals
Veterinary Technician Program (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 14, 2014
I learned much knowledge with the animals I have and the animals I would need to deal with in the field.
Okay job for extra money
Student Technology Consultant (Current Employee), Paramus, NJDecember 7, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, easy-going job duties, enjoyable job overall
Cons: scarce advancement opportunities, low pay, employee favoritsm
The job requirements are fairly easy - the hardest part probably being the fact that when printers are constantly going haywire, you have to take them apart and find out whats wrong with them. The pay is horrible and there are few advancement opportunities. It seems like advancement opportunities are only available to choice employees, even despite having exceptional work performance.
However, they do work with your school schedule (putting classes first) and that's a plus.
Fun workplace
Molecular Biology Intern (Former Employee), Paramus, NJDecember 1, 2013
Very challenging, Learned more about the branches of science in which I worked in.
College students are great!
Student Aide - Call Center Associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJNovember 22, 2013
I liked this job because I learned how to interact with my peers in a different manner. I had alot of interactions with people of all kinds, and gained alot of knowledge in the leg work for higher education.
Best experience/job
Student AIde (Former Employee), Paramus, NJNovember 13, 2013
Pros: practically everything
Cons: short breaks
General office assistance while enrolled in college courses. The typical day was Busy, yet peaceful at the same-time. Great co-workers and staff. The best part about it was that it was a convenient office Job.
An exemplary workplace setting
ESL and Basic Skills Instructor (Former Employee), HackensackOctober 7, 2013
An excellent workplace setting where a teacher can assist and prompt students acive reach their academic goals.

Teaching at CLC helped me identify slow learners and apply remedial measures to boost their gain confidence so they can study better. I also learnt to motivate and drive the fast learner to
advance futher in their educational goals.

The joy of adult students in a positive and dynamic classroom environment when they realise they are capable of learning and can reach their educational goals is really rewarding.
Teaching job
Tenure-track Associate Professor (Current Employee), Paramus, NJOctober 5, 2013
Pros: available job
Cons: no raise for being promoted, overloaded teaching schedule
The most enjoyable part of the job is to share the visual language with the students in the class.

It inspired me the most.

Bergen Community College Salaries