Bergen Community College Employee Reviews

it was fun while it last
mail carrier (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 22, 2017
it was so fun while it last sadly it was temporarily while I was studying there I wasn't a full time worker so I didn't make enough money and what they pay is literally nothing but I guess when you are young you think its enough
Great!
Tutor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 6, 2017
Great Place To Work! I loved being a student as well as being employed at Bergen Community College. It was a great experience and I am glad that I contributed.
Make your sociality with people
Student Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 5, 2017
I was able to build up my social nature there with various people.
The culture of there was great and fun.
Once you assigned in IT help desk, you would be learned a lot about computing skills and how to treat customer face to face.
A rewarding place to teach in all respects if you put the effort into your classes.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 1, 2017
I like teaching paralegal studies and business law as an adjunct at Bergen Community College. The job is what you make of it. Although the material is straight forward, the job allows for creativity.
Adjuncts are not part of the job culture even though there are so many of us at the college.
The Upper Management could be more hands-on although my immediate supervisor in the paralegal studies dept. is great.
Pros
Teaching in the evening, the job is very rewarding, courses are run for adjuncts so that they can update computer skills.
Cons
The pay is fair.
Pretty good place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 31, 2017
Great place for part time work. Sometimes a little slow, but supervisors and managers will keep you busy. Opportunities for advancement are there, but not what i would call plentiful.
Its a job
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 10, 2017
It's a come to work mind your own business do your job employment that simple. It lack growth but easy job. Lacks equipment to do the easy faster and better you do the best you can.
Pros
Benefits retirement plan easy job
Cons
Union weakness too much politics
Great staff, great management
Night Shift Custodian (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 8, 2017
I was fortunate to be there for more than 10 years. Management is great and supportive, and the work is hard, but doable. The whole staff works well together to get the job done. They are dedicated to making BCC a clean, and healthy place.
A great college
Student (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 20, 2017
Bergen Community College is a great college which offers a range of different courses. It has transfer agreements with all of the major four-year colleges.
Great job for Students
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Athletic DepartmentApril 6, 2017
Easy to balance, manage and your network grows.

Daily duties depended on what department you worked for. I worked in the Athletic Department. My job duties consisted of assisting the equipment manager as well as helping around with tasks needed from others of authority.
Pros
fun
Cons
time consuming at times
productive enviorment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 22, 2017
I anticipated working with my collegues because it was a very comfortable and relaxed enviorment. I was able to work at my own pace and there was no pressure what so ever.
Adjunct
Adjunct Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 20, 2017
I have been working there a short time but the staff has been very welcoming and they have helped me in the new role as adjunct clinical instructor. The staff is very receptive to suggestions.
Amazing Place to Work
English as a Second Language(ESL) Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 19, 2017
Great place to work and grow personally and professionally. Love the interaction with diverse adult learners.My supervisor is amazing.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No Preparation Time
Fun workplace with little advancement
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJanuary 30, 2017
My job at Bergen includes helping my immediate Supervisor run the office of Testing and Tutoring. The job allows for substantial interaction between the students and staff, as well as faculty members of the college at both Paramus and Lyndhurst campuses. We manage tutor schedules, perform proctoring services such as observation, reader/scribe appointments, and other services.

The easiest part of the job is showing up to work. The environment is warm and friendly, and there are never real challenges to face.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with upper management's shifting agendas and lack of support for staff members.
Pros
Intellectual stimulation, manageable situations, friendly environment
Cons
No benefits package, meager salary, no job security.
Food Industry
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJNovember 21, 2016
Personally, I didn't feel working in the food industry was a good fit for me. However, it may be a good start for someone looking to learn the benefits of working together as a team.
A great workplace and interactive also.
IT-Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 17, 2016
The day at work starts with arranging physical computer setup and software system installations for various computer applications and programs.Another duty is training Student Technology Consultants on the basic usage of software applications.The beginning was difficult but after you get used to the job, its looks easy.
Culturally Diverse
ESL Instructor & Outreach/Testing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJNovember 10, 2016
Friendly environment to work with students and staff. The cohesive relationship between the community of the college is pleasant.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Hard to get in without knowing someone from the inside
Best community College in my area.
Prepress Technician (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 1, 2016
College is rated #10 in the USA.
Furthermore the library is the most complete in Bergen county.
The staff is very helpful and they are ready to help you chose the best class.
Very fun
Admi of Student Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 28, 2016
I haven't go any call interiew yet . I am hoping to have one soon so i could able to share my opinion reviews over here. Thanks for giving me such platform to advertise myself for job.
Great place for growth
Staff (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 25, 2016
A very diverse environment and team work is emphasized. The staff is great and so are the students. There are opportunities for growth at this place.
Fun Place to work
IT Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 23, 2016
It's hard work but fun at the same time, you learn a lot from your coworkers. you meet different people everyday. What I enjoy about this job is that everyday it's a different problem that I would be facing and what I like about that is it keeps me on edge, makes me want to learn more so I could resolve the issues at hand that what I enjoyed about this job a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bergen Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3