Bergen Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Place to work
IT Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 23, 2016
It's hard work but fun at the same time, you learn a lot from your coworkers. you meet different people everyday. What I enjoy about this job is that everyday it's a different problem that I would be facing and what I like about that is it keeps me on edge, makes me want to learn more so I could resolve the issues at hand that what I enjoyed about this job a lot.
learning inventory, food puchasing folloing recipes
Hospitality Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 24, 2016
As a student I worked within the hospitality division at Bergen community college learning different aspects of the kitchen inventory
Pros
Learning, and possitve feedback
Cons
no benefits
fun work enviroment
Dental Hygiene Assistant / Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work consisting of answering the phones, schedule patients appointments and file patients information. I have learned how to deal with peoples attitudes and behaviors. It is not easy to work with people who think they know better than you , but if you like your job you can deal with its ups and downs.
PRoductive place with lot of learning opportunities
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 13, 2016
Being students, the senior employees always teach the students a lot of stuff that can be implemented in future life. Also, there are projects and internships available.
Pros
Good learning opportunities
Cons
Sometimes there is not enough work
Great place to work as a student
Front desk/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 5, 2016
The Educational Outreach position has provided my skills to be an advantage in balancing my education and future office jobs.
Pros
Learning new and different tasks and the flexability
Community outreach is great
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part is knowing that I'm really making a difference in students lives and the institution does offer much to the community at large.
Pros
Close to home, benefits, salary
My experience as a worker in production.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 17, 2015
My job was to maintain a learning environment for the students and provide them with materials to allow their education to be more easily obtained. I would demonstrate to the student the importance of striving for excellence by performing my job functions with pride and precision. I am honored to support the student in their academic endeavors and it is humbling to watch their growth in the science fields. As the student moves closer to graduation it is gratifying to know that I was able to assist them during their journey and I expect nothing but greatness from them.
Pros
Interacting with the developing great minds of the future
Cons
Never enough time in the day to assist everyone
Productive and a fun place
Math Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 10, 2015
I've only taught here for a semester but it was very fun to be at. Instructors and students strive to work very hard at all times.
different experience
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 30, 2015
I learned a lot of things and improve my English. I had really good friendships in school and great job environment. It is enjoyable to work in school and also it is easy to access to my work place without having problem with the traffic.
Nice college
Adjunct Instructor in Anatomy/Physiology (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 27, 2015
Ok place to work, nice management, very friendly environment.
Students are motivated and willing to learn. Labs are good with a lot of technical support.
Pros
Close to where I live

Want to know more about Bergen Community College?

Ask a question
Friendly place
Student Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 14, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
Learn from other co-workers, and being dependable.
Sometimes replace admin and realize duties such as: check everyone arrived job on time, manage breaks, responsible from other workers.
It was a good experience to build customer service skill.
Enjoyable place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 25, 2015
I teach students Sociology of the Family in a classroom setting. I use PowerPoint's, group work, and the text for review of material.
Pros
Short hours at Bergen
Cons
part time
Great clients, friendly peers, horrible management.
Supervisor at the Dunkin Donut's concession (Current Employee) –  Paramus, New JerseySeptember 13, 2015
Interacting with clients (students) was awesome and made a great impact on the job. Dealing with management was often difficult because they would only care about making themselves look better to their bosses.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 8, 2015
happy life
always having fun
fun activities
retired people is helpful
Pros
Growth
Cons
Budget cuts
This job was great to me.
Mailroom Worker (Former Employee) –  Mailroom DepartmentAugust 31, 2015
The typical at work is getting the mail and packages out of the way.
I learned to always do my job properly at a normal pace.
The management was good because the supervisor was also a good friend to me as well.
My co-workers were always friendly with on a daily basis.
The hardest part of the job was the heavy packages that I had to deliver. At some time I had to do it all by myself.
The enjoyable part of the job was meeting a lot of friendly people while I do my rounds. That makes me do better work.
Pros
30 minute lunch break
Cons
Sometimes break are too short.
stc
Student Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 20, 2015
The Job was great for work study.I recommend this job to all college students for are looking for a way to work and also finish there education.
Coworkers and job experience is outstanding in and out the office
Mentor/Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 2, 2015
I would help students who have mental disabilities. I have learned to manage school and work. Co-workers were friendly and very sociable. I didn't find the job to be difficult because I loved what I did for the students. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help the students achieve their goals academically and socially.
Pros
flexible hours and co-workers
perfect place to work
Secretaries Assistant/Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMay 28, 2015
they always helped me understanding it was my first job, they helped gain great customer service and rapport. they worked great with my schedule. my coworkers were fantastic. it was my first job and they helped me gain many skils such as filing, exel,...anything office related
Pros
everything
Cons
I went to school here not working
student (Current Employee) –  ParamusMay 7, 2015
I had a great experience and i earned my nursing degree from there. They always be helpful with all my need. Nice place to go for a degree in a cheaper tuition.
Good Job for Students
Student Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 26, 2015
You wait for students to sign in the open lab and you help them with their issues and at the same time they learn beneficial valuable information about computers. I've learned a lot about computer hardware and software from working at Academic Computing in Bergen Community College. I was trained and later trained others and managed other workers in my department. My co-workers were friendly and I was friendly to them as well, I made good friends with everybody. The hardest part of my job was the 12 hour shift when I had to start at 8am and finish at 8pm but in reality it wasn't all that hard. It sure was the hardest part about the job though or maybe I just enjoy working. The most enjoyable part of the work was my attitude towards it and the feeling of greatness after helping so many students with their homework related to computers and other issues.

4.3