Berkeley City College

Berkeley City College Employer Reviews

Gained valueable experience
Clerk Aid 3 (Former Employee), Berkeley City CollegeSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: free lunch on meeting days, able to work until class started, and able to report to work right after class for remainder of the day
I was able to balance my classes and job by working on campus. I learned to use their data base and schedule appointments. It was great practice. I was also able to to help my fellow classmate and new classmates learn to fully utilize the resources available to them on campus. I really enjoyed working along side my classmates. I was able to pass along – more... information as well as get and receive valuable from others. We shared resources. I learned alot on how I need to go about transferring to a University. – less
Fun and great workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJuly 1, 2013
The work environment there was great, everyone I worked with made it such a joy to go to work. We were all a team, the management was great always let us know what was new, we were all trained anytime it was needed. There was no hard part of my position at Berkeley City College and the most enjoyable part of my job was the job itself.
Range of Advantages as an Instructor at Berkeley City College
Computer Information Systems Instructor (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJune 2, 2013
Pros: working with students to better their lives and help them achieve personal and academic goals
Cons: full-timers squabbling with part-timers over wages and benefits, rapid change in management (inconsistent mission)
For 15 years, I had a highly rewarding job in that what I did made a very positive impact on on the lives of my clients, the students of Berkeley City College. I was also able to work collaboratively to initiate new courses and programs. Additionally, my focus of instruction required that I constantly be upgrading my knowledge, a challenge I found very – more... satisfying.
On the down side, there wasn't an integration of concerns between part-time and full-time faculty. Furthermore, there was a constant turnover of management, which resulted in an ongoing inconsistency in developing goals and mission statements. – less
Fun work and class enviorment
Mural Painter (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJuly 8, 2012
At the beginning this was an art class then as time went by it became a payed job. I had fun, some of the employees seemed full of them selves, they didn't like taking other peoples ideas for the mural. But I learned how to deal with closed minded people and expressed my views on the mural to them.