Berkeley City College Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 29, 2017
The environment was nice and safe. However, when I was there, the management wasn't doing quite well. I think it should be better now since the manager has left the office already.
It was good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 1, 2017
It was a very pleasant experience. I just didn't want to continue working there because of my personal life. I do wish they had a good position here in Stockton, Ca.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive and Enjoyable
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 27, 2017
I believe teaching is a very practical way of learning. I really enjoyed teaching my favorite subjects to my college fellows. I was at both sides of the table, a student and a teacher at the same time.
Fun & Rewarding
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Intended for current or outgoing students as a paid work-study gig. Emphasis in teaching techniques for compositional structure, research-based analysis, and syntactical proofreading.
Excellent
Math and English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 7, 2016
Great place to work, very knowledgable people and a unquie opportunity . I do not wish to disclose any more information at this time.
Fun to work around Students
Admissions Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 22, 2016
The school is diverse and the environment is diverse and I enjoy working with students from all walks of life. Staff is helpful and job is flexible sometimes.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Not enough hours.
Wonderful place to work
Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 23, 2015
 Career development counselor for Berkeley City College CalWORKS students
 Training on work ethics and employer expectations
 Workshops on appropriate resume writing
 Seminars on Interview skills with role playing and constructive criticism
 Invite potential employers to the workshops to convey their needs and expectations
Five Stars
Web Administrator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CADecember 17, 2014
They are fun active people who wants to get a lot of job done in a short amount of time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Awesome learning experience
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAOctober 22, 2014
Learned how to help others with their writing and also how my writing has changed because of it. I had a blast learning from the students and also the co workers as well. Lots of great ideas and a lot of different experiences.
Great teamwork environment
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 16, 2014
Great location with a vibrant student body. Hard work and commitment are a vital part of the job.
Fun
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CADecember 18, 2013
Loved it.Staff was great.Enjoyed everything about it and I really like that I can work there and take classes.
Gained valueable experience
Clerk Aid 3 (Former Employee) –  Berkeley City CollegeSeptember 27, 2013
I was able to balance my classes and job by working on campus. I learned to use their data base and schedule appointments. It was great practice. I was also able to to help my fellow classmate and new classmates learn to fully utilize the resources available to them on campus. I really enjoyed working along side my classmates. I was able to pass along information as well as get and receive valuable from others. We shared resources. I learned alot on how I need to go about transferring to a University.
Pros
Free lunch on meeting days, able to work until class started, and able to report to work right after class for remainder of the day
Fun and great workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 1, 2013
The work environment there was great, everyone I worked with made it such a joy to go to work. We were all a team, the management was great always let us know what was new, we were all trained anytime it was needed. There was no hard part of my position at Berkeley City College and the most enjoyable part of my job was the job itself.
Range of Advantages as an Instructor at Berkeley City College
Computer Information Systems Instructor (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 2, 2013
For 15 years, I had a highly rewarding job in that what I did made a very positive impact on on the lives of my clients, the students of Berkeley City College. I was also able to work collaboratively to initiate new courses and programs. Additionally, my focus of instruction required that I constantly be upgrading my knowledge, a challenge I found very satisfying.
On the down side, there wasn't an integration of concerns between part-time and full-time faculty. Furthermore, there was a constant turnover of management, which resulted in an ongoing inconsistency in developing goals and mission statements.
Pros
Working with students to better their lives and help them achieve personal and academic goals
Cons
full-timers squabbling with part-timers over wages and benefits, rapid change in management (inconsistent mission)
Fun work and class enviorment
Mural Painter (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 8, 2012
At the beginning this was an art class then as time went by it became a payed job. I had fun, some of the employees seemed full of them selves, they didn't like taking other peoples ideas for the mural. But I learned how to deal with closed minded people and expressed my views on the mural to them.