Berkeley College Employee Reviews

Positive work environment that is great for beginners
Campus Visit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Part time work that is straight forward, with excellent training for any office environment. BC is a very good stepping stone to bigger better things.
Pros
Free coffee!!! Easy to get to via public transportation; mostly nice people
Cons
short breaks, limited benefits, repetitive work, no full time opportunity
Need managerial improvement
Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 2, 2018
The executive managers don't take in consideration FA staff's performance, hard working specially in stressful season. They only think of student as "numbers".
Nice place to work
ADJUNCT LECTURER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2018
The students in general are great, and the staff is pretty helpful. The school campuses are well-located and convenient for local students and the classrooms are well-equipped to allow for effective teaching.
berkeley means failure
Professor (Current Employee) –  NYDecember 28, 2017
The school is gender biased, racially biased, and on its way to shutting it's doors based on ripping off students and poor management. It has poor management at every level. No long term plan, and is run by people that have no idea how to run a business.
Great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJDecember 26, 2017
I love working for Berkeley College and I do not intend to leave anytime soon. I enjoy the atmosphere as well as the people I work with on a daily basis.
Professional fast-paced engaging work environment.
Financial Aid Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2017
A walk through the doors of Berkeley College will shift your mindset into goal orientated thinker. Berkeley College upper management continuously emphasizes the importance of meeting institutional goals and deadlines. I've learned that when a place of higher education seizes to acknowledge the value of education; a heavy toll is paid at the expense of its student's success and institutional reputation. The hardest part of the job is attempting to convince prescriptive and current students that Berkeley College is exceptional place of education when the statistics say other wise. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing student walk across the graduation stage with their degree in hand.
Was a quick-paced and productive work environment
STUDENT WORK AIDE (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 20, 2017
A typical day at work was productive, there is always an assignment to keep me occupied. Since I met a a lot of people each day on the job it forced me to become a people person, I became more friendly. I liked the work environment, everyone was always looking out for each other.
Working for Berkeley
Admissions Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJDecember 13, 2017
Berkeley is very family oriented. They try hard to make this a fun place to work with many special events. They always remember your birthday and your work anniversary is appreciated with a gift.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
poor benefits package
great
Coordinator for Center (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
Great place to work. They have great benefits and promote a family environment. They always have the most cutting edge technology. Also, they encourage work balance and home life.
Peer Tutor
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJDecember 10, 2017
The work environment is fun and without any stress. Interacting with students from diverse backgrounds adds to the overall learning as well as working experience.
Great place to start your career. But when you want to advance, you must find somewhere else to work.
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJDecember 1, 2017
Heavy phoning throughout the day to potential students.

I learned how to interview, probe, and learn the struggles of many families to afford college.

My director is fantastic, but upper management is simply numbers driven and not open to change when the college is struggling.

The people at the college are all great people and hardworking.

Dealing with upper management about not realizing the countless missed opportunities the college has.

Meeting and helping young people continue their education.
Pros
Lots of free lunches
Cons
Flexibility and old school thinking of upper management.
My time spent at Berkeley College
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 22, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Berkeley College and would return if offered a better salary. I sat at the front desk of the Admissions Department, so I was able to speak with new incoming students about their futures, have questions asked and answered about the school, and about my life as an older student returning to school. I loved working at Berkeley College. There are great activities for the students on and off campus. Also, there is hands-on training for our medical student, which will help them in their employment search after they are certified and graduation.
Pros
My time spent with the students.
Cons
Only part-time and no benefits.
Not enough hours to submit an unbiased opionion
Accuplacer, Academic Support Center and Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 11, 2017
Now That my hours have been cut to minimal, I really do not have a co.mment. However, when I was a student working 25 hours a week, the environment was educational and uplifting.
Student Development
SDCL Event Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJNovember 9, 2017
This job was one of the best places I've ever worked in. This place gives you the tools to succeed while being a student and a work study all in the same place. The people are great and very diversified!
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
Convenient, easy going, friendly environment
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
I really enjoy working at Berkeley. It is a very easy going and friendly environment. Very much about the students and the company aims to take care of their employees.
Could be great, but not there yet
Associate Professor, Online (Current Employee) –  onlineOctober 30, 2017
Good leadership, but changing policies negatively impacting morale. Change to semester system good, but fraught with inconsistencies. Change to new online learning platform great idea, but being spearheaded by people who do not understand computers or teaching.
great environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 23, 2017
I was a Student Aide, but i am a recent graduate and the culture is amazing, everyone within the company is constantly growing and the environment is absolutely amazing.
Campus closing
Student Success Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dover, NJOctober 13, 2017
Closing campuses and laying people off but then promoting others in the same week. Unfair expectations for employees. Closing the campus with no job placement assistance to the staff they laid off.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Unprofessional expectations
Excellent customer service (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 11, 2017
It is an easy part time job, the staff care and are work with you. No benefits or room to move up. It is only meant for someone who likes part time jobs and has another establish place of work. Great for extra income.
Berkeley
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJSeptember 28, 2017
Pros: Everyone is friendly and understanding.
Con: I don't get paid extra for the long hours i put in.
- I do not get breaks because I am only part time.