Berkeley College Employee Reviews

Counselor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with the federal work study program. The after school program I was sent to was very organize and productive. I enjoyed the children I worked with.
Liebhaber construction
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2016
I work for a High End Construction company & I was assisting master carpenters because I was a skilled laborer and carpenter helper on several projects I had many responsibilities. I clean the job site. In addition, I helped with orders and deliveries I installed drywall and framing, I also painted, plastered.
Pros
great company
Cons
terrible workers
Not Fair
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJOctober 5, 2016
The job required me to work 12pm to 8pm Monday through Thursday and every single Saturdays. I was never really able to take time off because none ever wanted to cover. Weparted our ways becasue of surgery.
Love the work
Tele- counselor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 20, 2016
It was suppose to be my retirement job. Didn't wanted to leave the company. I was excelling with my position as a Junior Assistant Manager. Got recognition and award as the top performing in the region. It was unfortunate that I have to leave my position and expected promotion.
Great environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 8, 2016
Worked here as a federal work study and feel in love with the Berkeley College culture. Co workers are amazing, and love my boss. She is the greatest person I've ever met.
Good Place of Work
Student Aid (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 4, 2016
The work with the student schedule, and they are very understanding to when there is an emergency at hand to go and handle
This is a great place to work.
English Professor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 13, 2016
The college is the perfect setting in which to grow and be creative. Adjunct professors are treated with respect and dignity. Currently, I have no benefits, I have made my chair aware that I would like to be a full time professor.
Pros
Wonderful hours.
Cons
It seems to be difficult for an adjunct to get placed in a full time position at the college.
Productivity and Creativity
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 27, 2016
My job consists of challenges and tasks that drives my productivity and creativity. I enjoy thinking of activities to get students involved with the school.
Very professional work place with friendly personnel
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work involves students who plan to further their education through course selection for their next semester. Questions, comment or concerns about how they are doing in the class. Add, drop or swap a class before deadlines. making copies and flyers informing students of upcoming events from the department.
Pros
works with your class schedule.
Supply Specialist
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 11, 2016
My time in the military was very good. I enjoyed taking care of every unit I was assigned to. Every unit I was a part of took logistics/supply very seriously.
Great Higher Education Private College
Federal Work Study Assistant-Career Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2016
Graduated from Berkeley College in April 2014
Worked and assisted in Career services. Assisted students in Job placement
Pros
12, 000 students
Cons
Expensive College
Productive work
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 21, 2016
Part time job working in the counseling and wellness center.
I plan out and help with events sponsored by the Student Development Department: Counseling and Wellness Center.
the very laid back
Fulltime Information Technology Student (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2016
I had a great time here. no problems.
I made some really great friends. And i appreciate all the staff that made my time there so cool and memorable.
Fast paced but yet Fun Environment!
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 29, 2016
Fun place to work for, hands on new technology is default here and the people are amazing. My day to day duties vary as I am the virtual Manage for the Desktop Team, and Only Server Administrator on site. But I must say, Its not easy but the pay off is golden, I have learned so much!
Pros
Free Coffee, Pool Table, Ping Pong Room.
Cons
McCann does not pay for Certifications.
Good enviorment
Telecounselor (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Great job to build Skills!
I learned so much in the time I have been there. Its a great place to work. It help me build some necessary skills for the workplace environment!
fun and productive
Student Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2016
Productive, fun and helpful. The staff is very helpful , learn how to use different applications such as people soft and sales force.
Supportive chairman
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2016
I enjoyed the opportunity to teach art history and film.

At Berkeley my students are diverse, multi-cultural, sometimes from foreign countries. The students range in ages from 18 to middle aged, and I have had many mature students on the GI Bill.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Only a week between quarters, but that is changing.
Great Company, Benefits and Structure
Executive Assistant to the CIO (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJDecember 21, 2015
I worked as the Executive Assistant to the CIO. It was a very fast paced environment but had a great process to it. Very organized and stable. Co-workers were all very nice. I learned alot about the IT world. The CIO was a very pleasant man to work with.
Pros
Great benefits, Organized, Stable, Grounded, Friendly, Educational, Educational Benefits, Health Benefits, Vacation and Sick Time, Holidays Off
Cons
Productive environment and great staffs.
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJDecember 7, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with students and helping them as much as possible throughout the course of the time they attend the school. Seeing their progress from when they apply until they graduate. It is a very welcoming work place for students with great well rounded staff that I am always learning from.
Fulfilling job for college students
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 13, 2015
Fulfilling and supportive place to work. You will always be kept busy, so don't plan on completing any assignments on the clock. Once you're recognized as a tutor, don't expect to be able to do work on your own time without being interrupted for assistance. Either way, it is a very fulfilling position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berkeley College. Our community is ready to answer.