Berkeley Software Systems is managing recruiting for a leading network technology and product development firm located in Silicon Valley, California. The company employs scientists, engineers, consultants, subject-matter experts, current and former leaders, and sales professionals from major industries, companies, and government entities across four continents. The Networks scientists, engineers, and founders have invented the technology relied upon by 95% of the world’s enterprises and end users, and of the Internet itself.
At this time we are looking for a UI/UX Designer experienced in front end Web technologies.
This is an excellent opportunity and ideal for someone seeking an impact role with a solid team that is developing a truly different product. The company is currently fast expanding its team in San Jose, California.
Please note that it is a contract-to-hire position.
- Conceive novel ideas and integrate into the User Interface (UI) design and optimize the User Experience (UX).
- Design, build, refine, and test UI mockups for new and existing designs - includes everything from icon to application design.
- Work with creative product development teams to deliver innovative solutions for the product direction, strategy, visuals and experience.
- Translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful and functional user interfaces.
- Create and acquire graphic materials as needed.
- Demonstrate concepts and ideas, including but not limited to building mockups and storyboards.
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary group critiques of product design and development.
- Research and leverage innovative interaction concepts, including but not limited to: mobile and touch-based.
- Work with the Product Managers to identify UI patterns, practices, standards and visual styling guidelines
- Draft and document the UI standards in a product Style Guide.
- Strong understanding of iOS and Android mobile requirements for tablets and phones.
- Perform other duties or changed duties as needed or directed.
- Experience in working with Java or Python developers to improve the UI & UX of existing web-based application products
- Solid knowledge of UI and UX principles; demonstrated UI and UX design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Ability design Web based applications for multiple browers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE) and Multiple screens (Big Screen, Laptop and Mobile).
- Strong graphics and digital media designs and mockups using software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, and others with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- A strong desire to improve application design.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Understanding of typography, color, materials and textures and how they effectively apply to product design.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM).
- Willingness to be a team player.
- Experience and knowledge in networking (Routing, Switching, TCP/IP etc)
- Programming in Python & Java
- Strong experience in creating ExtJS themes and customizing ExtJs java scripts heavily for some specific needs.
- Experience developing SVG based graphing and charting frameworks tools such as Dojo and D3.
Indeed - 20 months ago