Berklee College of Music Employee Reviews

I made a mistake...
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2017
I thought that Berklee would be forward thinking and receptive to new ideas. What I walked into was an office culture filled with politics, old men fighting over their respective territories on the network. There was little to no management involved for the on-boarding process which was basically non-existent. They will expect everything from you with nothing in return.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management and culture
Sending out flyers and print out instructions for students
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2017
fun and easy work, really nice colleague and working area, good paid with reasonable work time, good to guide the students as a leader. great experience..!!
Pros
FreE
Love Berklee
Studio Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 6, 2017
Great team to work for. Educational opportunity and a wonderful community of musical people. Stunning facilities and recording studios. Wonderful surrounding city.
Best place I've ever worked
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02215September 7, 2017
My office coworkers are extremely friendly, knowledge, and care about the mission of the College. I learned that you can be relaxed while still working.
Favorite Job
Web Developer/Contractor (Current Employee) –  100% RemoteAugust 10, 2017
My boss is a developer and not a manager, she looks at my code and not reports. I am given assignments that are often hard and innovative. This is, so far my favorite job.
Pros
work at home
Cons
no benefits
I'm a student worker but I really enjoy it
Archives Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2017
Love my boss and the environment. Music playing all the time. The people are really cool, and the commute is easy. It's right off the MBTA stop at Hynes.
Music all around
Education Department Technology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2017
Great work place culture
Very technology orientated
Must know how to communicate on a professional level
Be willing to be flexible and work weekends.
Friendly place
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2017
I got a job here because I wanted some extra cash and I have a passion for libraries. What I didn't know was how much it would add to my social life. Everyone here is very welcoming and it is very definitely a library "crew". Good teamwork and friendship. People enjoy working together and getting to know each other. Management is pretty cool but lays down the law on things when they need to.
Pros
Being in a Library. Helping patrons use the library better. Some extra cash.
Cons
Restrictions on hours got worse as time went on.
An amazing school and impressive facility, but was misleading about job opportunity.
Freelance Audio / Video Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2017
While working with the College I was lead to believe there were much larger opportunities for growth within the career track for which I was hired.
Great place to work!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2016
I learned a lot in my year at Berklee, I'm grateful for the kind, knowledgable staff! I was able to work with, and learn equipment that I had never had the opportunity to work with before.
Productive and fun place to work
Studio operations assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 26, 2016
Great job to gain recording studio experience. I had the opportunity to assist world renown recording engineers and producers during the two years I worked this job. I also became very tech savvy with Mac OS systems and on Recording consoles. The staff is very knowledable with music and audio gear and created an excellent place to work.
Pros
Flexable schedules and a lot of recording studio experience
Cons
Low pay
Great place to learn teach and work...
Teaching Artist – Voice (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2016
The work is the reward. There are some infrastructure issues and communication between those who administrate versus those who teach is often at the root. The students are gems. And, for the most part, they are motivated to learn and thus inspiring.
Empresa agradável de se trabalhar. Aprende-se muito
Produção e técnica de áudio (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2016
Um dia típico envolvia limpar os estúdios de gravação e arrumá-los pela manhã, e durante o restante do dia, dar suporte a usuários dos estúdios, fornecendo e recebendo microfones, amplificadores e outras coisas para gravação, e também tirando dúvidas dos usuários sobre operação e utilização dos equipamentos e espaços.
Great place but nowhere to go
Student Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2016
It was a good place to work because the people were very nice and the work kept you busy, but i felt like there was no upward mobility.
vocal department accompanist
Vocal accompanist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2016
It is great . It was so fun. and I really enjoy it. I've learn music. and.
woking hour is very flexible. Co- worker is also good and nice.
It doesn't have special problem.
Fun and Creative work with great people
Stage Crew Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 3, 2015
I have been doing this job for 5 years, I had it while i was a student at Berklee and excelled. I was promoted to become a part-time manager at the end of the summer of 2015. I can say that my time on Berklee's stage crew was the best thing I did as a student and am very gracious to be a manager. I get to work with professionals who have seen everything this business has to offer and only want to educate and engage both student workers and colleagues.
Pros
Educating students
to much to handle a only
Dining Room Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 14, 2015
love the job, but to much heavy lifting. Setting up two full dinner areas by yourself, that to much for one person to handle, chairs and tables.
Pros
no free lunch, pay with money, or with school money
Cons
breaks sometimes they forgey about you, on your breaks. I did fill oiut for benefits.
Na
Temp at GI (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 2, 2015
Working at berklee has been a good experience since my job has allowed me enhance my management skills since I have gained sound knowledge on all of the software systems used by the school (Google Drive, FileMaker Pro, and Excel work-books) to support the division’s operations.
Earned experience in live production and gear handling
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  ValenciaSeptember 11, 2015
Take care and checking out equipment, communicate with people, stage management, live music production, the best team
Answering phones, answering clients questions, scheduling/renting rooms overseeing special events basic cleaning and organizing
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 23, 2015
I was responsible for renting out equipment and rooms to different bands that would come in to the practice space. I had to organize rooms manage the schedule and on occasion oversee special events such as private concerts and music video filming.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berklee College of Music. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4