Berklee College of Music Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to learn teach and work...
Teaching Artist – Voice (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2016
The work is the reward. There are some infrastructure issues and communication between those who administrate versus those who teach is often at the root. The students are gems. And, for the most part, they are motivated to learn and thus inspiring.
Great place but nowhere to go
Student Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2016
It was a good place to work because the people were very nice and the work kept you busy, but i felt like there was no upward mobility.
vocal department accompanist
Vocal accompanist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2016
It is great . It was so fun. and I really enjoy it. I've learn music. and.
woking hour is very flexible. Co- worker is also good and nice.
It doesn't have special problem.
Fun and Creative work with great people
Stage Crew Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 3, 2015
I have been doing this job for 5 years, I had it while i was a student at Berklee and excelled. I was promoted to become a part-time manager at the end of the summer of 2015. I can say that my time on Berklee's stage crew was the best thing I did as a student and am very gracious to be a manager. I get to work with professionals who have seen everything this business has to offer and only want to educate and engage both student workers and colleagues.
Pros
Educating students
to much to handle a only
Dining Room Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 14, 2015
love the job, but to much heavy lifting. Setting up two full dinner areas by yourself, that to much for one person to handle, chairs and tables.
Pros
no free lunch, pay with money, or with school money
Cons
breaks sometimes they forgey about you, on your breaks. I did fill oiut for benefits.
Na
Temp at GI (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 2, 2015
Working at berklee has been a good experience since my job has allowed me enhance my management skills since I have gained sound knowledge on all of the software systems used by the school (Google Drive, FileMaker Pro, and Excel work-books) to support the division’s operations.
Earned experience in live production and gear handling
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  ValenciaSeptember 11, 2015
Take care and checking out equipment, communicate with people, stage management, live music production, the best team
Answering phones, answering clients questions, scheduling/renting rooms overseeing special events basic cleaning and organizing
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 23, 2015
I was responsible for renting out equipment and rooms to different bands that would come in to the practice space. I had to organize rooms manage the schedule and on occasion oversee special events such as private concerts and music video filming.
Like a family
Work Study Supervisor at Bursar's Office (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2015
Typical day at work: answering phone calls and emails and assisting students.
What I learned: How to work with difficult customers (they have reason to be because it's all about money).
Hardest part: Telling students that they can't come to school because they haven't paid their bill.
Enjoyable part: It's a lot of fun with the people there. Almost everyone has some type of musical inclination.
work study job
Music Business/Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 22, 2015
my first job or idea of a job. I was in college when I did this so it did provide some flexibility in terms of my class schedule etc. But all in all, a great job
The best school of music in the world
Peer Tutoring Program Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2015
Berklee recently was named the best school of music in the world.
more than 4,000 students per academic year attend to Berklee.
Having the privilege of been Berklee alumni and also having the honor of have being teaching there is somethig that I am really proud of.
Pros
work environment
Cons
tuition price
Substitute teacher during an intensive 5 week program
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2014
I had the opportunity to substitute teach and work in the 5 week office for Berklee. I taught music composition, and performance.
Pros
great experience to meet new musicians
Cons
short program
Great people and environment
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 22, 2014
My responsibilities were to aid foreign students with their english skills. I enjoyed working one-on-one with them and seeing them improve with time. My colleagues were very professional and the job wasn't too stressful.
Great working and studying environment!
Student Ambassador Year (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2014
I have had a wonderful time learning music, while collaborating and networking with people from all around the world. Its location in the heart of the city makes it easily accessible, and I have loved begin a part of its culture.
Best staff I've ever worked with
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 4, 2014
Fun environment where I learned a lot about management as well as music
A fun, high energy atmosphere that is hands on.
Box Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2014
As a supervisor for the BPC box office via The Red Room @ Cafe 939, I was required to work office hours as well as venue hours. During office hours I was required to build shows via Vendini Ticketing Software, respond to customer e-mails and phone calls, sell tickets, financial reconciling, and many other tasks. While working the venue, I was required to operate Ticket Agent to sell tickets and concessions at face value, handle will call, and complete end of show reports. I was partly responsible for creating a weekly schedule, guiding employees and assisting them with any questions they may have, and completing any tasks my manager asked me to do. A very pleasant environment; it was a job I very much enjoyed without ever dealing with co-worker conflict. I went into this job with no knowledge of operating ticketing systems or how to properly supervise employees. Being a fast learner, I picked things up quickly. I only sometimes struggled with financial reconciliation, when reports didn't properly add up; that had to be the most frustrating part of my job. With that being said, I enjoyed that I was able to create my own schedule with flexible hours, and that fact that I was immersed in a musical atmosphere. A job is always so much more enjoyable when it involves something you're passionate about.
Pros
flexible hours, free concerts
Cons
bi-weekly pay, dealing with unsatisfiable customers
exciting, creative atmosphere
Professor (Former Employee) –  Boston MAJuly 2, 2014
Each day I'd teach electives: Voice Class for Instrumentalists or American Diction and at least 1 Sight Reading (aka solfeggi or sight singing) class. There were rooms where faculty had computer, telephone and copier access as well as offices where we could work and meet with students.

Downstairs was a cafeteria and we were located in a neighborhood with bookstores as well as a Computer Center where faculty could work with IT folks on any project desired.

The commute was between 30 and 45 minutes to my home in the suburbs - and there was MBTA access also.

Musically, Berklee is on the forefront of non-classical music. It also has a student body of greater than 40% non-American students. These days, the percentage may be even greater. I learned more in my 36 years at Berklee than I did at all the other education venues combined!
Pros
great networking with talented faculty, 24-hour it assistance, assigned pianists for all performance classes - nice!
Cons
long commute; healthcare and parking were pricey.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 1, 2014
My duties consisted of answering students’ campus related questions, reception, handling phone calls, and supporting the office administrative staff. The most valuable skill I learned as an administrative assistant was the ability to multitask effectively.
Topic educational institution for contemporary music
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2013
fabulous place to work. Great people, talented students, fantastic area of Boston. right near great restaurants, shops, Boston common and gardens. Lots of fun neighborhoods to live all around Boston.
Pros
if you like all different types of music and want to be part of a very dynamic institution, berklee is it!
Cons
no parking, public transportation is a must!
Productive, great learning experience, fun and recreative.
Live Sound-Mixer Engineer/Lighting Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2013
The work-style at Berklee College of Music is really good because it is fun and laid back but always being serious. My co-workers and managers were friendly and always willing to help. Being there helped me a lot in many areas, such as working in team, getting a lot of knowledge about concerts, stage management, live sound, mixing for a cd and how to approach the different genres and styles of music.
The hardest part was to make everything fast when big set ups were presented, because someone, always, has to take the lead to organize everyone to do the work efficiently.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when operating the console and getting a really good and satisfactory sound, realizing that the audience is enjoying the show after working hard on make in it happen and still working on the live sound or lighting.
Also is really enjoyable at the moment of learning.
Pros
get to watch concerts, free lunch sometimes, friendly staff, meet great artists.
Cons
sometimes long down-times.

4.3