Berkley Risk is a nationwide provider of insurance management services. We design and manage various traditional and alternative insurance mechanisms which typically allow our customers to benefit from efforts to reduce the cost of risk. We unite the underwriting, loss control, claims and statistical disciplines to provide a total risk management solution. This interdisciplinary approach drives down the cost of risk through increased communication and coordination.
Our home office is in beautiful, downtown Minneapolis. Berkley is a member company of W.R. Berkley Corporation (www.wrberkley.com), one of the most prominent and respected companies in the property-casualty insurance industry.
Responsible for investigation, evaluation and adjustment of property and casualty claims for a dedicated program handling municipal claims in the West Metro – Twin Cities area.
- Interview insureds, injured parties, witnesses and others as appropriate.
- Inspect property damage.
- Review factual information to prepare damage estimates.
- Investigate assigned losses to determine coverage and/or liability.
- Evaluate loss exposure for all lines of coverage to include liability, auto and property.
- Evaluate and negotiate settlements based upon coverage document language.
- Determine liability and value of claim.
- Make recommendations regarding resolution of claims.
- Make recommendations regarding litigation.
- Prepare reports for client company.
- Enter reports/file activity into electronic claim processing system.
- Accountable for results, customer service, and achieving departmental and unit objectives.
- May perform other functions as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Must maintain a current/valid adjuster’s license at all times.
- Must have a working knowledge of a variety of subjects including, but not limited to, insurance related laws/regulations, medical terminology, general construction, and automobile repairs.
- Must possess a high degree of literacy.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Excellent human relations and customer service skills.
- Strong PC skills and a working knowledge of Windows environment.
- Must be proficient in analytical tasks.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and carry vehicle insurance coverage.
Berkley Risk Administrators Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.