Berkley Risk is a nationwide provider of insurance management services. We design and manage various traditional and alternative insurance mechanisms which typically allow our customers to benefit from efforts to reduce the cost of risk. We unite the underwriting, loss control, claims and statistical disciplines to provide a total risk management solution. This interdisciplinary approach drives down the cost of risk through increased communication and coordination.
This position will supervise the P&C Claim Specialists as organized by unit or office. It will also perform all claims duties associated with the management of all claims assigned within that unit or office.
- Hire, train, supervise and maintain qualified staff.
- Supervision to include; communication, feedback, resolving conflicts, managing meetings and maintaining motivation and morale.
- Manage employee performance according to company standards/policy.
- Actively demonstrates skills as coach and mentor to assigned staff; encourages and directs appropriate training, acquisitions of new skills, and appropriate career advancement.
- Provides direct supervision by regular review of claim files, written analysis, and individual discussions with file handlers on a regular basis.
- Accountable for results, customer service, achieving departmental and unit objectives.
- Perform claim handling including coverage analysis, appropriate investigation, claim valuation, negotiation and settlement.
- Will immediately report all harassing or inappropriate behavior to Human Resources.
- May perform other functions as assigned.
- College Degree.
- Minimum of 7-10 years claim technical experience required.
- Must maintain a current/valid adjuster’s license at all times.
- A comprehensive knowledge of insurance coverage, the law and legal systems.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Excellent human relations and customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and decision making ability.
- Strong litigation management skills.
- National/Multi-State Experience preferred.
Berkley Risk Administrators Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.