Berkley Risk Administrators Company, LLC Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 18, 2017
The supervisors in my location sit around and do nothing and are the most unprofessional people I have ever come in contact with. I have had vendors come in and say they hate to come there just because they have to hear the drama from the supervisors lives.
Great company to work for.
Worker’s Compensation Examiner (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 2, 2017
The management was extremely supportive, profession, but yet very approachable as were my fellow colleagues. Although the commute was long, the pay was great and the management was always their for support.
Pros
Supportive management and great pay.
Cons
Too long of a commute from my home.
wouldn't work there again.
claims handler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 10, 2016
Senior management changes over recent years have had a negative impact on the culture of the organization. Lots of layoffs.
changed companies
sr application developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 6, 2016
same job as berkley risk administrators the company transferred our part of the business to BNU in Virginia and we still have the office in minneapolis
pays the bills
Programmer (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 6, 2016
used to be fun place to work. they have managers and co-workers and sometimes the job is hard and sometimes its enjoyable and they pay salaries and we learn stuff
Productive Work Place
Policy Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Pierre, SDJuly 7, 2016
This place had great people, a good work environment and the people who trained knew what they were doing. The boss was friendly but managed to keep things running well.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Short Time at the job
Excellent ocmpany
Office processor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2016
I loved working for this company. however I wish the manager of office services was more involved. The communication among employees were not the best. they should work on that.
Stay away
claims (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2016
This company is undergoing serious management issues and turnover. There is not much organization, upper management is out of touch with what the offices need to accomplish the company goals. They do not promote common sense, efficient adjusting. I would consider taking this job, the biggest career mistake of my life and look forward to finding a new position. Soon.
Pros
Cons
see above
Team environment and great training
Workers Compensation Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2015
My co-workers at the time were great and made going to work fun. The training provided was very good. Great work culture at that time.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Salary uncompetitive
Pretty laid back
Administrative Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 6, 2015
Lovely experience so far. My colleagues are always eager to assist and the supervisors are amazing. I absolutely love how flexible my schedule is.
Pros
Fancy celebrations throughout the year
Would be great to work with a team that has the clients health First
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 8, 2015
See resume.

I love work comp. disability case management.
I have done it for 14 years, saving the company Millions.

Good Listener................. A must
Pros
Health club
Cons
Long drive. Was ok with working at home 2-3 days a week
Great place to work.
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 22, 2015
I love working for Senior Helpers. They are kind, considerate.
Nice Management and co workers. Just need more hours.,

I enjoy working with all the clients.

Great working for the district and injured workers
Pros
great co workers
Cons
occ skip lunch otherwise wonderful
Not a place that you should work
Chief hard worker (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 17, 2014
Meaning less paper work. Poor management and owners that line their pockets. Great place if you like working for a Casino. Stay way!
Pros
Cons
See below
This TPA underprices its claims. Employees are required to close files ASAP without regard to ethics.
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IADecember 27, 2013
I have never given a former employer a bad review. I discount them when I see them from other employees. Ethics is a must for all people and companies. When ethics is disregarded to make a profit I have a serious problem. The co-workers were all great. There were excellent challenges. My immediate supervisor was a good person and well qualified. He struggled with the ethical constraints of his position.
Pros
Co-Workers and job challenges.
Cons
Company culture valuing profit above ethics.
Don't work here
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 17, 2013
Management is incompetent and are threatened by good employees. HR has no knowledge of HR standards. They pay horribly. Most people there are on govt assistance or work 2 jobs
Cons
Low pay, no advancement opportunities, unfair employment practices
Productive and busy work environments with friendly co-workers
Policy Svcs Tech/Cusomer Svc Rep (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2013
Upon arriving, I start my day by checking my email and voicemail and responding to any Agents or insureds who have left me messages. After wich I continue to my work inbox to process those things that have come in such as accounting checks, renewal checks, audits, disputes, endorsements and general questions among other things. I also have to work on my Audit selection. This entails going through audits that are nearing their 60 day limit to see if they have sent the necessary documents. If so I process the audit and if not, I must Process a NIL or incomplete audit and issue noncompliance. I continue this process with any cancellations and compliance issues as well. All of this is done while logged on to our call center and answering calls that come through from various agents and insureds with questions and concerns about their policy.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant change in position. This would be fine if it was moving up, however, the company was reorganized and my position was altered without the choice of change. The best part of the job is the lasting relationships not just with my co-workers, but with customers and agents that call in regularly.
Pros
friendly co-workers, good benefits, keep busy and front line ocntact with customers via the phone.
Cons
communication problems between departments, nepotism and favoritism. not many advancements opportunities.
Great Company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 5, 2012
Dynamic culture to work in, with great and innovative products
Pros
excellent comopany
Cons
commute was too long
Management sucks
Commercial Lines Rater (Former Employee) –  Novato CAJuly 27, 2012
I was the youngest person in that small office and wasn't treated very fairly. The manager was not a nice person at all and people were afraid to go to her for anything. Everyone else was nice but I'm glad I quit