Berkshire Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Not a nice place to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany MarketJune 8, 2016
Terrible work conditions and ethics. Senior Management only wants to hear what they want to hear. They hide behind their phony slogan "America's Most Exciting Bank". I guess it's exciting if you like to be on the chopping block every other quarter if your struggling with your unrealistic sales goals. The bank is out of touch and gives no support to its Management Team. It likes to criticize, but doesn't give solutions or support. Terrible Team environment. Great people, but Senior Management (EVP's) are really out of touch. I wonder if the CEO knows how his employees really feel, considering we're coached to be phony and put a smile on.
Pros
Customers are great and so are the employees
Cons
Senior Management
Great concept but all talk
Branch Officer (Former Employee) –  VermontApril 29, 2016
Berkshire Bank brands itself as "America's Most Exciting Bank," however they do not follow it through. Most employees are overworked and criminally underpaid. There is no room for advancement. CEO is great, but has lost touch with those below the executive level, making him unable to see how unhappy his employees are. Senior Management forces employees to look happy to the CEO, and opinions are unwelcome and unwanted unless they agree with senior management.
Pros
Retail dress code is casual, many great employees
Cons
Poor pay, no room for advancement, input by employees is regularly suppressed and even disciplined
Retail Management Shoes
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJanuary 2, 2016
It was fun and energetic. Great sales and helping customers. We had great sales potential and contests. We were number one at sales goals comparative to other stores in our district
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
OK place to work. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Special Assets Officer, AVP (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYNovember 24, 2015
My review is a work in process, as I'm currently working at the company. Management is helpful - gives detailed and useful reviews and provide not only useful insight.
Great company to work and grow
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAOctober 16, 2015
Berkshire Bank is a truly great company that values its employees, it is not all talk! I worked in their call center and my managers and supervisors were always attentive to my needs and always took into account any input or ideas i had regarding bettering our service or myself. They encouraged growth and development.
Pros
Recognition, attentive to needs, always available
Cons
Not a great place to work if you want to move up. Senior Management is all about themselves.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 10, 2015
Liked my manager and Regional manager and people I worked with. My manager left and then my regional. Both I thought represented the company well. No direction after that just big staffing issues. Want you to do your job with no staffing. No direction for promotions. Same people get promoted time and time again. Lack of training and development.
Cons
Senior Management, turn over, lack of staffing
"Americas Most Exciting Bank"
Universal Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 30, 2015
Berkshire bank is a small community bank based out of Massachusetts that has locations through out the Capital Region area, Central New York, Vermont and Connecticut. Medium volume bank focused on the customer. From a personal experience, I have had good management and co-workers working as a team to achieve our goals. The hardest part of the job was trying to help customers with financial needs but sometimes restricted to do so. The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with regular customers and seeking new customers that could benefit from products and services.
Poor Management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Albany AreaApril 7, 2015
Capital region management is terrible. They don't allow growth and you need to fend for yourself majority of the time. They do not appreciate their employees.
America's Most Exciting Bank
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Glenville, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Enjoy coming here everyday to give it my all and learn new things everyday to help advance my career as well as help the bank in any way possible.
Fun Place to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NYFebruary 24, 2015
Berkshire is a great company in that they want you to have time with your family. Keep work and home life in balance. I like the many benefits such as 401k they have. My biggest issue is some of the management in house, isn't always great. There is too much lax for the managers and some take advantage of that. Not supportive and degrading or belittling toward associates. the company itself is decent but if you get a horrible manager or supervisor, forget about it.
Pros
fun rallies, great benefits
Cons
poor management, outdated technology, too lax with managers
I would never work for this company......
Teller (Former Employee) –  AmsterdamDecember 3, 2014
Left a job that I liked to be closer to my area. And I found I was not happy. If you're lucky, and get the right manager it will be a big help. But I was not so lucky. I felt I was Very underpaid for what I was expected to do......sales, read customers minds, the regular teller part of the job, computer work, etc. They really pushed you to the brim on the sales tho. The hardest part was.....My training was more hr. then they had me scheduled to work for. So in the end I was not properly trained. As w/any job, you get good coworkers and bad. Mine were all in their position for many years. I came in as an underdog and never really adjusted......so sadly left. I don't feel the company had a good grip on the amount of training that was scheduled for the hours I was given and allowed to work via their budget.
Pros
free accounts, travel expenses when you need to drive, good hours
Cons
no breaks unless it's a scheduled lunch, poor training, poor employee scheduling
Productive and fun work environment, enjoy co workers
Teller 1 (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day starts from 8.30 till 5.30
I have learned a lot of technical stuff about the banking world. Different types of accounts, businesses and it just opened my eyes to alot more going on in the business world.
Pros
good staff, good benefits
Cons
not too much room for advancement
Employee Friendly Environment
Universal Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Branch, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Berkshire Bank is a great organization to work for. They believe that a happy employee leads to a happy customer. Berkshire Bank is a smaller bank that focuses on the customer. The banks technology is a work in progress and behind the larger banks cutting edge technology.
Pros
focus on customer
Cons
antiquated technology
Americas Most Exciting Bank
Universal Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New Lebanon, NYAugust 17, 2014
Berkshire Bank is indeed a fun bank to work for! Their commitment to their employees as well as customers is genuine. There is ample opportunity for advancement.
Pros
ability to wear jeans on fridays and saturdays, fun environment.
Cons
technology is antiquated; not equal to larger banking insitutions.
Growing opportunities and growing company
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYAugust 3, 2014
As a teller supervisor I am responsible for teller lines day to day activities, operationally, customer service and efficiency. There is no clear cut policies and roles, which makes it very difficult to perform the day to day activities. I love working with customers and making sure that we are doing everything we can to help them become financially stable.
teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYMay 19, 2014
• Executes an extensive variety of customer transactions in accordance with bank policy and procedures
• Maintain a working knowledge of all banking regulations
• Handle over $20,000 on a daily basis in an organized, timely, and accurate fashion
• Assist in daily office work to ensure proper balancing of the branch and timely delivery of work to appropriate departments
• Assist with branch capture of teller work and cash letter reports as needed
• Provide back up and support to Teller Supervisor tasks as needed
• Handle routine customer issues while executing excellent customer service principles.
• Identify appropriate areas where more complex issues and/or problems exists and propose solutions
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills to promote a positive image for the bank through face to face communication and telephone etiquette
• Cross-sell and refer non-traditional bank products to meet established goals (e.g. insurances & investments)
• Perform a wide variety of customer service operations and general clerical duties
Teller
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 24, 2014
Performs a wide variety of customer service operations and general clerical duties, including transactions for checking, savings, loans, and other assigned services.
Productive work place
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Haydenville, MAJanuary 24, 2014
Very fast paced environment, the management for the most part is good.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no room for professional growth
Horrible
teller (Former Employee) –  VTOctober 17, 2013
As a teller all they want you to do is sell sell sell constant pressure to meet quotas. Branch managers do nothing. Do not work here!
Pros
five oclock
Cons
on your feet 8 hrs
A publicly traded leader in the banking industry.
Floor Plan Loan Administration & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJuly 23, 2013
Fast, fun, great people & plenty of challenges to learn and grow.