Berkshire Farm Center & Services for Youth Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very rewarding and emotionally draining at the same time.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canaan, NYDecember 1, 2016
It is a very rewarding feeling to help a youth who has given up on themselves because everyone around them has given up as well. Everyday I go to work trying to make a difference in at least one kids life. Berkshire Farms is a great place to work but I feel like I need more opportunities to better myself and build a fulfilling career.
Pros
Youth
Cons
Emotional rollercoaster
Great place to work, and good people to work with and for.
After School Program Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 14, 2013
Go into the school, pick up the kids from their school teachers class escort them to the after school program class. Get them activities to do, arts,crafts, puzzles, flash cards, memory games etc.. basically anything to keep them busy while still trying to stimulate their minds. Then they'll have a snack after snack story time til they're picked up by the parents.
My co-workers and I follow each others lead to make sure things run smoothly.
The hardest part of the job is trying to keep all the children happy with whatever activity they are doing cause even at their age they each have different personalities.
The thing I enjoy most is seeing the kids learn, and have fun that makes me happy.
Pros
meeting different people.
Cons
part time job so no health insurance and benefits
foster care agency
Community Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NYJanuary 26, 2013
Rewarding to find permanency for foster care youth. Within the foster care division work hours are undetermined due to crisis situations. Work week often over 40 hrs for 40 hr positions. Not paid for overtime worked.
Pros
clt time accrued quickly
Cons
high employee turnover, undetermined hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berkshire Farm Center & Services for Youth. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3