Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies Employee Reviews

Productive and fun atmosphere
Real Estate Assistant and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CADecember 12, 2016
I loved walking through all the crazy houses with the real estate agent. Helping her communicate with clients and connecting her with the world through the media was truly an honor, as she is such a successful and hard working agent!
Busy Work Environment
Claims Professional III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 15, 2016
The work is very busy and plentiful but the deadlines are intense. The benefits are good but there are not a lot of perks in the office. Coworkers are nice and supervisors are supportive.
My Underwriting Internship at BHHC
Underwriting Intern (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 12, 2016
This internship has been a wonderful opportunity for me, as it has allowed me to learn the basics of the property and casualty insurance industry. It has also taught me get interpersonal skills and the like. The company is great in general. It treats its employees well, even its interns.
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Coompanies
Sr. .Net Programmer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 30, 2016
Typical work day: Easy going
What you learned: New technologies
Management: Alright
Co-workers: Fun
Hardest part of the job: Location
Most enjoyable part of the job: Team
A very traditional company
Project Lead/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2016
The company operates in a traditional way, don't expect flexible working hour or special company benefits. If you are expecting a standard job, this is the way to go.
Great people in an Industry with little integrity
Lien Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed meeting many great new people. But the work comp industry, applicant attorneys, dishonest doctors and illegal aliens made me very frustrated.
Not so great
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 16, 2016
Well never work for this company. If you have any complaints or suggestions, know they won't make a difference. The pay is terrible. And management isn't that great to work for either
secure
Underwriting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 3, 2016
Great job for people who care about work life balance. It's a very family life oriented place. Takes pretty much anybody.
Pros
no stress, friendly people, free coffee
Cons
repetitive, boring, no challenge, menial
Huge Company
Property Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 24, 2016
They spoil you with riches at least once a month. This could be candies, mugs, nice coffee, and many other things to make the day go by faster.
Pros
Warren
Cons
Insurance
Great Place to work
Senior Underwriting Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2016
Busy environment lots of training and team work. Worked with a lot of Underwriters to accomplish cases and deal with brokers.

Want to know more about Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies?

Ask a question
Fun
Assist him (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2015
I learned how to take care of people with mental illnesses and parents of those with children. I help out with anything the parent may need for the child with said illness
Multitasking Required
Claims Professional 2 (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2015
A typical day includes reviewing documents and assigning them to the right location, reviewing claims, answering calls from claimants, medical providers, lawyers, and brokers and providing customer service to answer their questions and concerns.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Repetitive
Great company to work for
Underwriting Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2015
A fun, up beat work environment where long lasting relationships can easily be formed. A very lean corporate hierarchy where upward mobility is possible if you work hard.
great job
Sr. Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 11, 2014
loved working here, they are a great group of people but the turn around and work ethic of supervisors and management was less than desirable
Great Location. Cont. education was required for current knowledge of job. Proud to work for such a great company, which was owned by Warren Buffe
Medical Only Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 15, 2014
Quickly reviewed all new incoming work, to detect any emergency calls or letters that needed immediate attention. Continued with any follow up clerical work. Answered all phone calls as they came in. Filled all incoming mail to their proper files.

When I worked with I.C.A. I learned to calculate the various paycards for the injured worker who was out of work for more than 3 days. I also released their W.C. checks.

Most co-workers were great to work with, but as every one knows you always have those few who are hard to work with, partly because they don't take their work seriously.

I was fortunate to always work with good management. Partly because I tried to understand their view point in work policy.

The hardest part of my job was trying to meet all of my deadlines.

Since I was kept so busy, my time at work swiftly flew by, and I also made very good friends, that I still have today.
Pros
Benefits, such as 401, pension, and great Christmas Party Dinners.
Cons
When taking vacation, the new work never stops coming to your desk. We then quickly need to catch up.
Fun place to work
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 9, 2014
Great place. Fun people. And yes, even a ping pong table. Every day is different and there are many opportunities to advance within the company.
typical day review
nurse (Current Employee) –  Brownsburg, INOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work involves me taking care of an avg of 33 to 54 residents working with avg of one aid I often pass meds and do bed checks and am care with the time constraint being the hardest part o the job co workers are either nice to your face or quick to throw you under the bus the most enjoyable part is when I have time to sit with my sick residents and talk to them I love it when they ask for me by name to take care of them I have a lot of insulin checks tx and gtubes and peritoneal dialysis currently as well as a lot of alzheimers pt
Pros
I have a job
Cons
I dont get breaks or holiday pay or any raises or good health insurance
Good Work Good Pay
Clerical Assistant I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2013
A typical day is 7am -3:30pm and is extremely easy to get along with if you know what you are doing. If you are not trained, you are stuck. Nice environment and like any company, do not get caught up in other co workers personal drama. Just get in and get out.
Pros
work is available
Cons
personal drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies Reviews by Location