Berkshire Health Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Great job security and management cares about their employees.
Health Educator/Life Enhancement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MANovember 9, 2015
I enjoy the wellness culture at BHS and the community outreach opportunities available for Berkshire County. I work all different hours Monday-Friday depending on what events are going on that week. My co-workers are team orientated and I feel we are all on the same mission.
loved the job and company, but the commute was treacherous
psychiatric ed clinical (Former Employee) –  Berkshire Medical Center Emergency DepartmentSeptember 7, 2015
I worked in the emergency room as a clinical evaluator for the psych department for several years. It was by far one of the best jobs I've ever had. I found Berkshire health systems to be an incredible employer, with generous time off and a good rate of pay. My colleagues were all very professional and had great senses of humor. However, I live approximately 40 minutes away and in the winter the commute was too much after several years. If I lived closer I never would have left.
Pros
good day, great employee, good colleagues, learned a lot.
Cons
the commute was treacherous and icy weather, no room to advance with my skills and degrees.
It was a good job with great benefits.
Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAFebruary 18, 2015
My mentor was so knowledgeable and easy to work with. I learned so much in a short time. So many insurances and all have their rules and regulations. The hardest part of the job was the travel, 40 minutes twice a day. I only left there to cut back on my hours which wasn't an option for me at BHS.
Pros
education days were offered and paid for.
Cons
travel particularly in the winter months.
Good Employer
Budget/Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAAugust 7, 2013
As one of the larger employers in the area BHS was able to offer excellent benefits. Coworkers were friendly and helpful, I enjoyed working three.
Supportive work environment
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJanuary 16, 2013
Working with patients and very supportive staff. Coworkers were always willing to answer questions and assist with difficult patients or situations. Went into this position directly out of school and learned many helpful skills to advance my career. The work environment made it easy to have fun with patients while completing daily tasks of therapy. Most difficult part of the job was scheduling the patients in order to get all therapy within time frame. Department Manager was always accessible.
Pros
co-workers, friendly staff, enjoyable work environement
Cons
scheduling (at times)
Great work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJuly 10, 2012
Escorts,Restraints, Great employees that you worked with
Shifts are well put together
Pros
employees
Cons
staff
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJuly 9, 2012
learned to watch incoming and outgoing patients from different rooms
Pros
restraints
Cons
sitter
Safety and Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJuly 6, 2012
Daily rountine escorts,restraints,patient watches,permeter checks
Pros
great employees
Cons
not enough staff
Best Place To Work Ever...
Dietary/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  BerkshiresJune 5, 2012
I worked for Berkshire back in the late 80's early 90's and guess what?. The BEST place I have ever worked for. I am so sorry that I left Berkshire Health Systems to further my career. I have been a Regional Dietician and again nothing compares to Berkshire!
Cons
nothing bad to say.

4.5