Bermuda Hospitals Board Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Constantly evolving environment with a rotation of allied health and clinical staff members.
(BHB) PACS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Paget, BermudaSeptember 16, 2015
A more relaxed work environment. An opportunity to grow and develop professionally as you selectively glean information from the successes and failures of the team as a whole. At times the bureaucracy will temporarily dim your spirit but this is to be expected when you are working for an older company. The most enjoyable part of the job is planning and collaborating with your colleagues under pressure. The office thinned out over time as upper management changed hands and the outside job market improved.
Pros
Physically close working environment
Cons
Cost of healthcare, work/life balance, rapid staff turnover rate
nil
Midwife (Former Employee) –  labour and deliveryFebruary 28, 2013
working as registered nurse and midwife,for bermuda hospitalsboard.rotating to obgyne,obtetric unit
Pros
yes learning lunch
Cons
nil
A very culturally diverse atmosphere. I worked mainly with children and while it was extremely stressful at times, I had great fun other times.
Acting Charge Nurse/ Registered Nurse/ Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Paget BermudaSeptember 14, 2012
A typical day at work involved addressing clients' total care from basic hygiene to any complicated tests, procedures or situations. We were very family oriented in our focus on the clients.

There were often cases requiring medivac to the United States or Canada. I would seek the involvement of the social worker on call. I liased constantly between family members and other allied professions involved in the care of these clients. I also was responsible for giving updated reports to the receiving hospital medivac team or staff if I had a medivac case.
My co-workers most often worked as a team, however there were times when the cohesiveness was not as it should be. We certainly had our share of fun though. We learnt and taught each other cultural things as well as cross training. We were a melting pot.

Unfortunately the management system was very poor and the hardest part of the job was the lack of support in this area at times. I found that the same things taught in inservices and hospital policies were not adhered to or carried out when required.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the resilience of the pediatric population and after long 12 hour shifts were long days off.
Pros
this job offerred monetary gains and time for self improvement inside the organization and outrside.
Cons
there were limited opportunities for advancement and constant stress from racism and stereotyping.