Bernard Hodes Group

Bernard Hodes Group Employee Reviews in United States

Team collaboration at its best!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 26, 2016
Loved working as an account executive for this national recruitment ad agency. I was always a creative in the past, so wanted to explore the outreach/development side of advertising. It was the most interesting time in tech history, during the pre-dot-com era.
Pros
Very collaborative.
Cons
Got laid off during the dot-com era.
Fun atmosphere to work in but worked long hours. Met many celebrities
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  NY, New YrokFebruary 26, 2015
Good management at times, but managers and artist changed a lot. But because of this I learned how to make changes to the ads I was responsible for placing without a graphic artist help.
Pros
great salary and healthcare, compny paid dinner and car service home
Cons
3 days out of the week 10 min lunch at my desk.2-3 late nights, 12-14 hrs each of those days.
Cool Agency to Work at
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
As an accountant we were in a difficult position dealing with a subsidiary split. There is poor communication between the home offices.
Pros
Great Snacks
Cons
Poor Communication between offices
I enjoyed working for Bernard Hodes Group. The management provided me opportunities to grow and develop my skills
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 12, 2015
I managed eight to ten employees. I was in charge of the close process from start to finish. The team was like family. People developed in their position and were promoted frequently. I learned more about how to motivate and develop employees skills. I enjoyed working for Bernard Hodes Group. We developed new products and became a leader in the talent solution industry.
Pros
Growth opportunites
Typical worker bee place with no rewards
Worker Bee (Current Employee) –  AmericaJanuary 21, 2014
After the purchase of Bernard Hodes, they are letting their client service burn to the ground. Not a great place to work if you want culture and to grow. You will basically work hard, get no reward and never get a raise.
Pros
remote, benefits
Cons
no leadership, no focus
Great company to work for
Project Manager / Virtual Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  From HomeJuly 9, 2014
This is a great company to work for, however, the only downfall is that as a contract employee you'll receive no benefits nor any job security. If the client decides to end the contract, then you're out of a job unless they have something else available for you.
An example company who really values their people.
HR Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2015
Hodes is a well-respected company that has been around for a long time, great people, everyone is treated with respect. I enjoyed workinkg for them.
Overall, a good place to work
Art Director/Associate Creative Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
I work remotely for Hodes and have been doing so since 2004. Doing so means I need to work at high capacity to avoid 'out of sight, out of mind'. This has made me work efficiently, quickly, and smartly.

I've become known as the go-to creative person in Hodes as a result of my hard work and have earned the respect of all my co-workers, some of whom I have never met in person.

The ability to work remotely has allowed me to live in a small community far from our NYC regional office.
Pros
remote working
Cons
The job location was great because after work I could shop or enjoy some of the local restaurants
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan NYAugust 21, 2012
I would begin the day by opening up the mail, followed by preparing invoices and expense reports for payment. Next I had to audit each invoice making sure that there were not mistakes. Finally I performed a check run thus sending out payments to the vendor. I learned that new information comes in on a daily basis. Management was patient, and knowledgable in all areas. My co-workers were of great assistance as well. The hardest part of the job was trying not to work overtime. I welcomed and enjoyed birthdays and holidays, because we received special treats.
Pros
leaving early when things were slow.
Cons
they stop giving out incentives.
Good people to work with. Fast pace but easy going.
Supervisor, Media Payables Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2012
Typical day: Arrive 8AM, breakfast, work through morning, lunch, work till 4:30PM or later if needed. Rely on management, supervisor and/or manager, when it is necessary. Good relationship with co-workers; friendly. I learned that if the work place is pleasent and management trust you to do your job, it is easier to do and done well.
productive and professional work place
IT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2013
complete helpdesk work orders, answer reception front desk phones,
meet and greet clients.
Management is great and professional co-workers are good.
Hardest part of the day is keeping busy when there is nothing to do.
Most enjoyable part of the day is when I have multiple task and I feel very useful to company.
Pros
snacks
Cons
healthcare plan is expensive
It was interesting work since we dealt with a wide variety of national clients
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 1, 2014
Over the years as the industry evolved, my work shifted from primarily print to include web. It was satisfying to be challenged and to learn new skills and ways to work. My co-workers were wonderful, fun and talented.
Fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2013
Bernard Hodes was a great place to work with, no pressure. No micro-managed. Co-workers and management where very pleasant to work with.
Wonderful organization with a very unique culture and environment.
Creative Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2012
An award winning agency with successful and obtainable goals.
Pros
encouraged team building via internal, external activities, and office events.
Cons
as a result of economic conditions, the company was forced to downsize.
Slow Paced
Office Service/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2012
This company was alittle more laid back there was work required to be done but not as busy as I expected. I'am a worker who likes to keep busy and productive in my work and in a slow paced job I can't show my full potential
Cons
very slow paced company